Dr Horrible, Joss Whedon's new internet project
Vinicitur
Jul 20 2008, 10:37 PM
GMC:er
Joss Whedon has put his latest web movie project online. It's available for a limited time for free via streaming
at Dr Horrible's sing-along blog
I thought that since it's a musical, people here might be interested.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Vinicitur: Jul 20 2008, 10:38 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

There are 2 types of people in the world: consumers and creators. Which one are you?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Kaneda
Aug 3 2008, 09:55 PM
Other side of the coin
QUOTE (Vinicitur @ Jul 20 2008, 11:37 PM) *
Joss Whedon has put his latest web movie project online. It's available for a limited time for free via streaming
at Dr Horrible's sing-along blog
I thought that since it's a musical, people here might be interested.

Yeah, Dr. Horrible is the best piece of entertainment I've seen in a long time. Absolutely brilliant. Been a Whedon fan since the first season of Buffy (which perfectly coincided with my last year of high school), but I ignored Neil Patrick Harris until I saw this... He's truly a perfect fit for the role, not to mention an immensely talented actor - and singer for that matter.

The dialogue and lyrics are at their usual Whedonesque (despite family/co-writers), but still shows Whedon has matured as a writer over the years. Comparing e.g. to the Buffy musical episode, which had a longer prep time, a more orchestral-focused score and a much higher budget, Dr. Horrible seems more... honest and real.

Oh, and it's up for free (now with an ad in between the acts) again.

Go watch! You won't regret it biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 3 2008, 09:58 PM
Learning Roadie
Kaneda, it's good to see you! smile.gif

I've heard of this, but maybe I should check it out now..

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Kaneda
Aug 3 2008, 10:31 PM
Other side of the coin
QUOTE (JVM @ Aug 3 2008, 10:58 PM) *
Kaneda, it's good to see you! smile.gif

I've heard of this, but maybe I should check it out now..

Of course you should! cool.gif And it's good to see you too smile.gif

Oh, there's a trailer here (I believe that's an official YouTube post):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXI3obHfwgU...ature=rec-fresh

But, of course, the entire thing can be viewed for free on the site (http://www.drhorrible.com) - at the moment. And it may be downloaded from the iTunes store in better quality (the video on the site is quite good, though) for a few (like 4 for all three acts) bucks.

The iTunes download is U.S. only at the moment, though. I believe they're working on making it available in the international stores, but it seems the iTunes store is a rather slow beast to work with...

This post has been edited by Kaneda: Aug 3 2008, 10:32 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:10 AM