> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Daniel7's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 26 2022, 01:52 PM
Instructor
Hi Daniel! Welcome to your thread for Gab's Army!

Favorite styles: Blues & Metal
Next goals: Improve your timing

Please tell me a bit more about yourself, your influences and if possible share a video playing the guitar.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daniel7
Jan 28 2022, 06:47 PM
GMC:er
Hey Gabe,

thanks for taking me in!
My influences are Demon Hunter, Korn, Flyleaf and the good old classics like BB King, Vaughan, Clapton and Satriani, Vai, Santana.
I began to play the bass when I was about 16, switched to e-guitar but never had a good teacher. He wanted me to play a certain way, which kinda killed my joy. Then I started playing for myself, but had a motivation/frustration problem back then. Especially when I watched Satriani and guys play, I put the guitar aside for the day.
So I know a few chords, know about scales and stuff but that's about it. I never had an interest in learning a special song, rather learn how to play. Hope you get what I mean.

I will try to upload a video this weekend but will be away for one week, so maybe I will not be able to upload one before mid february. That's for now.

Blessing
Daniel

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Daniel7
Jan 28 2022, 08:07 PM
Here is a link to my latest lesson, I'm practicing.

acoustic slow blues in e

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 30 2022, 04:28 PM
Instructor
Hi Daniel! Thanks for the info and the video.

Let's find the best way for you to learn while having fun. Your performance in the video sounds good. You have a good sense of rhythm, and everything sounds clean and clear.

Do you own an electric guitar? I would really like to see you playing some stuff on it. What about some pentatonic improvisation over a blues backing track?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Daniel7
Feb 2 2022, 08:14 PM
Yes I do and will do that.
I'll be back on saturday and will find the time on sunday. Here I don't have an electric guitar with me.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 3 2022, 02:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Daniel7 @ Feb 2 2022, 04:14 PM) *
Yes I do and will do that.
I'll be back on saturday and will find the time on sunday. Here I don't have an electric guitar with me.

Ok! Thanks for the heads up!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Daniel7
Feb 6 2022, 04:06 PM
My equipment:
- Epiphone Prophecy Custom SG
- ESP Horizon
- acoustic Sigmar Guitar
- Marshall amplifier

And here is the video from today:
https://youtu.be/-j5ywYjm8Jk

A few flaws but all in all I like it.
I couldn't get in some tempo, cause I had to look and concentrate on the scale.

So far.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 7 2022, 03:25 PM
Instructor
Hi Dani! Thanks a lot for the video!

Nice jam. I enjoyed your note choices and phrases, and how relaxed you are while playing. Well done! smile.gif

We need to polish some details regarding your picking, bending and vibrato techniques so we'll work on specific lessons for that.

Let's start with this lesson so you learn how to stretch and warm up before your guitar sessions, and adjust your left hand position.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Practi...-up-stretching/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Left-Hand-Focus-I/

Please share a video playing this stuff and let me know if you have any question! In the meantime, please continue practicing your improvisations over blues backing tracks. We'll get into it soon.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Daniel7
Feb 7 2022, 08:46 PM
Hey,

thanks for the feedback! Very appreciated.
And you are spot on with your critique. Thanks! I will get you updated.

+Quote Post
Daniel7
Feb 8 2022, 02:22 PM
And to clarify my first post: I am not against learning songs, but I want to know what I am doing. Maybe that's more accurate. It might have been misunderstanding.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 8 2022, 02:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Daniel7 @ Feb 7 2022, 04:46 PM) *
Hey,

thanks for the feedback! Very appreciated.
And you are spot on with your critique. Thanks! I will get you updated.

Great! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Daniel7
Feb 11 2022, 06:34 PM
Here is a preliminary result:
https://youtu.be/EYM8z71Kp94

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 11 2022, 09:27 PM
Instructor
Nice! I can see that you these lessons will help a lot! Please continue playing these exercises and try to focus on these two things:

- Keep your left hand as close as possible to the fretboard. This will allow you to gradually increase speed.

- Try to relax your right hand while playing and make sure that you are using as little force as possible when pressing the notes.

Keep up the good work!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Daniel7
Feb 15 2022, 08:15 PM
Here is another one. Wasn't sure to upload it, not very happy with it.

https://youtu.be/9GdeRK6ghTw

What I noticed is, I have difficulties to relax my right arm. And I get lost with my pick on the strings.
What really helps with the grip is to change the position of the left thumb. And I need to get precise with my left pinky, cause sometimes I block the string beneath.

I keep practicing.
Thanks for your support!

Blessings
Daniel

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 16 2022, 01:36 PM
Instructor
Great Daniel! These warming up exercises will help a lot with your hand posture and movements. I don't see any other relevant thing to comment, you just need to continue practicing to get more comfortable with the shapes and to be able to make the chord/shape changes smoother. You'll also notice that the more you practice, the more you'll be able to relax your hands. Always start your routines with the stretches and massages.

Keep up the good work!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Daniel7
Mar 20 2022, 01:45 PM
Finally another video. Hadn't too much time to practice, that's the result of today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_vX4KfjRNs

While practicing I recognized a few things I need to work on like right hand technique (e.g. picking, the way to hold the plec), thumb placement, wrist movement, hitting the string with the tip of my fingers,...
I hope the angle of the video is okay.

I'll keep practicing. Have not played along some blues tracks in a while.

Greets!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 28 2022, 03:19 PM
Instructor
Hi Daniel! I'm glad to see a new video of you playing the technique course warm-up.

As you are playing the arpeggios with Sweep Picking, I recommend you to get used to the right sweeping motion. You don't need to learn the exercisers but check the explanations and suggestions that I give in this lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Sweep-Picking/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Daniel7
May 24 2022, 07:23 PM
Long time no see... Didn't found much time to practice, hopefully things will change now. But I'm still on it. So here is another video.

https://youtu.be/anftPJdnbEU

I'm still working on the warm up and left hand focus sessions. No wonder with the time spend practicing, meanwhile worked on an percussion acoustic lesson too.
There will be an update soon!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 30 2022, 06:43 AM
Instructor
Hello Daniel! Thanks for the update!

I've been traveling, so it took me a while to reply to you.

I think you're on the right track with the first two exercises. It's important that you keep doing them and that they become your daily warm-up workout.

As for the legato exercise on one string, you still need to try to keep your fingers closer to the fretboard. This way you can play them at a higher tempo.

In any case, the exercises sound good and the rhythm is right too.

Keep up the good work!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Daniel7
Jul 3 2022, 09:42 AM
Hey Gabe,
thanks for the feedback. Now it took me a long while. I had to travel for a month but this will not happen any time soon, so now there is time to practice again. So far, it's not going as planned but things will change to the better.
Keeping the fingers near the fret is not that easy but I'm working on it.

I will keep you updated an there will be a new video this week.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:40 PM