9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Less Is More Competition
Darius Wave
Dec 14 2013, 10:23 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Dec 12 2013, 10:43 PM) *
I've been working on a couple of ideas, if I can get them sounding good , I'll give it a go smile.gif
I really like the concept of 'less is more', very cool.

If Your need any help just send me a message. Maybe I could help I bit wink.gif

QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Dec 13 2013, 10:09 PM) *
This is my approach for "Less is More". Was a huge pleasure to make my take for this competition and I enjoyed every minute from the composing process. Sorry because I look very tired in this video but.... I'm very tired and one of my photo light it's not working anymore laugh.gif
Thank you Darek for your big support smile.gif You are an awesome instructor and You are always guilty for my progress smile.gif
Returning to my take, because I really love Piotr Kaczor lessons, I chose one of his awesome backing track from the lesson "Whammy Bar Phrasing" smile.gif

I think I already said everything in messages and FB so...just wanted to congratulate You for Your great work smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 14 2013, 01:35 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Very interesting backing track choice and solo Monica! smile.gif
Great to have you in this competition.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Timmez
Dec 14 2013, 05:21 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
So here is my improvisation.

I don't go for the competition because i know that i'm not on that level, but i just want to try it and hear what you think about it.

The backing track is: Bending ballad from max sokolov.

Grtzz Tim

I don,t know why i can't see my video but here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DTboRnL9fU

grtzz tim

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 15 2013, 02:31 AM
Learning Rock Star
Here's what I'm working on:

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
klasaine
Dec 15 2013, 02:53 AM
GMC:er
I'm not entering the competition because playing 'less' is kinda my modus operandi.
But I thought I'd challenge myself to play it all on one string (3rd - G) and use an E-Bow. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EBow

I used Jonathan Burgos' really cool Minor Funk backing track https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Minor-Funk-Solo/

https://soundcloud.com/klasaine2/ebow-fusion

This post has been edited by klasaine: Dec 15 2013, 02:59 AM

+Quote Post
bahadirpeker
Dec 15 2013, 11:24 AM
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Dec 13 2013, 09:09 PM) *
This is my approach for "Less is More". Was a huge pleasure to make my take for this competition and I enjoyed every minute from the composing process. Sorry because I look very tired in this video but.... I'm very tired and one of my photo light it's not working anymore laugh.gif
Thank you Darek for your big support smile.gif You are an awesome instructor and You are always guilty for my progress smile.gif
Returning to my take, because I really love Piotr Kaczor lessons, I chose one of his awesome backing track from the lesson "Whammy Bar Phrasing" smile.gif

Great entry Monica, so tasty!

+Quote Post
bleez
Dec 15 2013, 03:16 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Dec 15 2013, 01:31 AM) *

dude, that's very awesome ohmy.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
bahadirpeker
Dec 15 2013, 03:40 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Dec 15 2013, 01:31 AM) *

Yeah man! That's cool!

+Quote Post
klasaine
Dec 15 2013, 06:55 PM
You should absolutely participate in the competition.
That's f'n beautiful!

QUOTE (tflava @ Dec 14 2013, 08:21 AM) *

I don't go for the competition because i know that i'm not on that level, but i just want to try it and hear what you think about it.

Grtzz Tim

I don,t know why i can't see my video but here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DTboRnL9fU

grtzz tim

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 15 2013, 07:10 PM
QUOTE (tflava @ Dec 14 2013, 05:21 PM) *

Grtzz Tim

grtzz tim

We should consider this one as entry to the competition. This is not a regular competition rather more of a challenge so everyone wins in the end - its just that some will also get neat prizes along the way smile.gif

Great to see your take, it is very cool! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Dec 16 2013, 09:17 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (bahadirpeker @ Dec 15 2013, 10:24 AM) *
Great entry Monica, so tasty!

Thank you Baha, I hardly wait to hear your take smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 16 2013, 11:47 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (tflava @ Dec 14 2013, 05:21 PM) *

Grtzz Tim

grtzz tim

Tim...don't be so cruel for yourself smile.gif Your a really kind and talented person - You already showed us that You feel the groove and have a nice sense of melody. You only need a lot of work to be able to translate Your thoughts to guitar language. All this will happen through time and the work You bring makes You closer and closer to that point smile.gif

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Dec 15 2013, 02:31 AM) *

Ben...I won't repeat myself wink.gif You know what I think about Your musicality smile.gif Great job smile.gif

+Quote Post
tonyk
Dec 16 2013, 11:50 AM
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Dec 16 2013, 10:47 AM) *
Tim...don't be so cruel for yourself smile.gif Your a really kind and talented person - You already showed us that You feel the groove and have a nice sense of melody. You only need a lot of work to be able to translate Your thoughts to guitar language. All this will happen through time and the work You bring makes You closer and closer to that point smile.gif

Ben...I won't repeat myself wink.gif You know what I think about Your musicality smile.gif Great job smile.gif

I really enjoyed that solo Tim.Monica was great as well

+Quote Post
Timmez
Dec 16 2013, 11:53 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
thank you all.

+Quote Post
bahadirpeker
Dec 16 2013, 01:09 PM
Hey! Here is my take for this competition! I choose the backing track from "Modern Ballad Soloing lesson" by Jonathan Burgos. While I was trying to choose the backing I realize once more that there are lots of good backings and lessons in here! I really love the process which backing to choose! Thank you very much GMC!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhn2Pb8JW1s

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 16 2013, 01:32 PM
QUOTE (bahadirpeker @ Dec 16 2013, 01:09 PM) *
Hey! Here is my take for this competition! I choose the backing track from "Modern Ballad Soloing lesson" by Jonathan Burgos. While I was trying to choose the backing I realize once more that there are lots of good backings and lessons in here! I really love the process which backing to choose! Thank you very much GMC!

Great to have you in! smile.gif

This video is set on private. Please set it as unlisted so we can see it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bahadirpeker
Dec 16 2013, 01:35 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Dec 16 2013, 12:32 PM) *
Great to have you in! smile.gif

This video is set on private. Please set it as unlisted so we can see it.

Oh, so sorry for this! It's done smile.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Dec 16 2013, 02:05 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (tonyk @ Dec 16 2013, 10:50 AM) *
Monica was great as well

Thank you, I'm really glad you like it smile.gif

QUOTE (bahadirpeker @ Dec 16 2013, 12:09 PM) *

Great take my friend, I like it smile.gif

I also discovered a bunch of great backings and I'm glad that all this things are in our community smile.gif I don't like to use free backing tracks from Youtube because I prefer to buy them as a respect for the people who made them and also they have a different quality sound smile.gif But now I realise that I can use our GMC stuff and this is more then awesome smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 16 2013, 04:53 PM
Instructor
That's a great solution for many other students smile.gif There is a lot of good stuff here...lessons can help to get and idea of How You could play over tracks but You can use those for Your own improvising workouts too smile.gif

+Quote Post
klasaine
Dec 16 2013, 06:04 PM
@ Monica - Gorgeous track.
@ Caelumamittendum - Nice take and great, classic neck pickup Strat tone.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:41 PM