> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Balkan Punk Collab
Sensible Jones
Apr 29 2013, 12:46 AM
GMC:er
Here's mine Cosmin, sorry about the lateness, I got called into work today so this is the best take I had at the time! mad.gif

https://soundcloud.com/sensiblejones-1/balkan-punk-bt-1

Attached File  balkan_punk_NBT.wav ( 21.2MB ) Number of downloads: 133

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 29 2013, 07:23 AM
Instructor
Thank you Neil! You got good direction man biggrin.gif I enjoyed the Balkan feel in the first part and the energy in the second! I will build up my take and hopefully have this baby up soon!

The entries are officially over gentlemen! Thank you very much!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Apr 29 2013, 05:11 PM
Nice takes Chris and Neil...... or nice take everyone... wink.gif

I miss the days of having time for collabs, you saw what my quick scan of the collab list got me last time... Justin Bieber!

So it's like this, I've had limited time lately so when I did have a little time, I made a deal with myself to play to whatever came up first when I browsed the forum that evening.... thanks alot Gab! mad.gif

You really let those pink curtains go to your head! LOL!!

No more challenging myself, unless it's for a nap.

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 30 2013, 08:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Apr 29 2013, 04:11 PM) *
Nice takes Chris and Neil...... or nice take everyone... wink.gif

I miss the days of having time for collabs, you saw what my quick scan of the collab list got me last time... Justin Bieber!

So it's like this, I've had limited time lately so when I did have a little time, I made a deal with myself to play to whatever came up first when I browsed the forum that evening.... thanks alot Gab! mad.gif

You really let those pink curtains go to your head! LOL!!

No more challenging myself, unless it's for a nap.

laugh.gif ahahaa, you mean that mate? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
mroberts70
May 1 2013, 05:15 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 30 2013, 03:10 AM) *
laugh.gif ahahaa, you mean that mate? biggrin.gif

Nah, of course not.... there is always the challenge for me to wake up after the nap... smile.gif

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 1 2013, 01:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ May 1 2013, 04:15 AM) *
Nah, of course not.... there is always the challenge for me to wake up after the nap... smile.gif

Well, the next one will come on Friday most likely after I post the mix for this one tonight biggrin.gif

I would be more than happy to have you as a guest on it wink.gif and it's gonna be a funky one - Thanks again for the suggestion to Bogdan! biggrin.gif I think he knows what I'm talking about!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 1 2013, 10:13 PM
Instructor
Hey guys, bear with me till tomorrow biggrin.gif Still tweaking my take, so don't throw a rotten tomato my way..

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
May 2 2013, 11:18 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 1 2013, 11:13 PM) *
Hey guys, bear with me till tomorrow biggrin.gif Still tweaking my take, so don't throw a rotten tomato my way..

What? This is a punk collab! No tweaking necessary (or allowed)! Just leave your take as raw as it might be...

This post has been edited by Gitarrero: May 2 2013, 11:19 AM

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 2 2013, 12:01 PM
Instructor
It's ready and it's got balkan vocalizing also biggrin.gif Rendering as I'm writing biggrin.gif

And here it is!

Mates, I think our little balkan vagabond trio went more than nice! Thank you for joining me, in the first place and secondly here are the comments for my dear comrades:

Guitarrero - I think that aside from the punk side, which is obviously your favorite pick of the whole musical bunch biggrin.gif you have a nice direction in the balkan oriented part. Smooth atmosphere building - especially those laid back octaves - and good rhythmic variations - recorded a separate vocal track which was more bassy if we could say it like that for your balkan part biggrin.gif

Sensible Jones - Great note choices on both parts of the track, and I especially liked the way in which you approached the balkan one - the small detailed endings of the phrases and the the articulation elements such as that harmonic at 01:28 was a soul balm biggrin.gif

Both of you should take care with the rhythm of some of the phrases - I know that's what happens when you aren't very sure of what to play biggrin.gif So, my suggestion here is to go for composition a bit more and try to be able to sing your takes perfectly before recording!

Now, I am looking forward to having you too on the James Brown Collab - coming up tomorrow most likely biggrin.gif

Cheers and thanks again guys!

Cosmin

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: May 2 2013, 12:11 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Balkan_Punk_Collab_Final_Mix.mp3 ( 3.11MB ) Number of downloads: 85

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
May 2 2013, 12:37 PM
Sounds really Balkan!!

Gitarrero plays realy like someone from this area biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 2 2013, 12:42 PM
Instructor
Yes, yes! biggrin.gif Slav you're the expert on this as you are a native, so I hope we managed to be up to the challenge tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
May 2 2013, 12:51 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ May 2 2013, 01:37 PM) *
Sounds really Balkan!!

Gitarrero plays realy like someone from this area biggrin.gif

I'll take that as a compliment, thanks Slav biggrin.gif

And thanks for the feedback and mixing, Cosmin!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
May 2 2013, 12:56 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 2 2013, 01:42 PM) *
Yes, yes! biggrin.gif Slav you're the expert on this as you are a native, so I hope we managed to be up to the challenge tongue.gif

Sorry Cos, i was busy mixing Power of thy Axe collab, and didn't knew what should i fit in this, since it not suits my style that much, but if u make Balkan metal style, then u count me in tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
May 2 2013, 04:17 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 2 2013, 12:01 PM) *
Sensible Jones - Great note choices on both parts of the track, and I especially liked the way in which you approached the balkan one - the small detailed endings of the phrases and the the articulation elements such as that harmonic at 01:28 was a soul balm biggrin.gif

Both of you should take care with the rhythm of some of the phrases - I know that's what happens when you aren't very sure of what to play biggrin.gif So, my suggestion here is to go for composition a bit more and try to be able to sing your takes perfectly before recording!

Thanks Cosmin! I know what you mean about the timing going slightly awry, if I hadn't been called into work on Sunday I would have had time to work on it a bit longer and make it more smooth!
biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Sensible Jones: May 2 2013, 04:18 PM

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 3 2013, 08:05 AM
Instructor
Glad you enjoyed it gentlemen! wink.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:31 AM