Vibrato help!!!
bigboy0235
Nov 25 2006, 02:15 AM
GMC:er
Hey everybody, i've played guitar for a year now and i just started soloing. I have a lot of trouble with vibrato i can't get it to sound good, i also have trouble bending with vibrato, If anyone could share their thoughts please do.Also any exercises, thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by bigboy0235: Nov 25 2006, 05:38 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
Nov 25 2006, 07:46 AM
I suck at it, but I'm really trying to learn it right. I’ve done my best to research vibrato by watching videos and asking players, and I think there is sort of a “proper technique” that many of the better players tend to use. Basically I’m told that when bending, the motion should not come from the fingers so much as from sort of a pivoting of the wrist and hand, often with the thumb over the top of the neck, and with the bottom of the neck resting in the joint between the thumb and the index finger...

Zakk Wylde sort of explains it in his "Pentatonic Hardcore" instructional (<- Link), about 2:50 into the video.

Hope that helps! (Although I'm more confused than ever! dry.gif)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 25 2006, 06:45 PM
GMC Founder
The easiest way of explaining the practice road to good vibrato - is to think of it as a bend, so...

Can you bend a whole step (two frets)? If so - just bend up and down slowly (while striving to maintain sustain) and you will soon be on your way to killer vibrato. Provided you practcice like never before, of course! biggrin.gif

You should be able to see good results after just a week of practice if you do this "bend excercise" every day for a couple of minutes.

--kris

--------------------

+Quote Post
bigboy0235
Nov 25 2006, 10:03 PM
Thank's Kris, i'll try it.

+Quote Post
CJNE
Dec 2 2006, 10:51 PM
How about vibrato with the double stop (in the Kirk Hammet licks), i found it very difficult to manage vibrato on two strings. Any secret trick? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 3 2006, 08:34 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (CJNE @ Dec 3 2006, 12:51 AM) *
How about vibrato with the double stop (in the Kirk Hammet licks), i found it very difficult to manage vibrato on two strings. Any secret trick? smile.gif

hm not that I can think of, all though high and thick guitar frets facilitate it!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Josbourne
Dec 8 2006, 11:56 PM
Just make sure when bending with or without vibrato, that you're moving from your arm/wrist, not from your fingers. Moving from the fingers, you'll probably hurt yourself one day...

This post has been edited by Josbourne: Dec 8 2006, 11:56 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:44 PM