Noisy Springs
Scott Gentzen
Feb 25 2008, 08:16 PM
GMC:er
So I'm noticing that the springs that are holding my bridge in place make a lot of noise. They especially resonate when I play certain notes. Sometimes I kinda like it, sometiems I dont'.

I was wondering this weekend though if any of you guys had any interesting ways to dampen those springs so they don't ring out. Vai seems to prefer stuffing the cavity with cotton. I've also seen someone inserting rubber tubing down into the middle of the springs.

Do you guys do anything or do you just leave it alone?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 26 2008, 01:54 AM
Instructor
I used to put some piece of cotton between the wood and springs on my old strat copies in order to prevent string ringing. You can use whatever you like, as lond it is soft I guess.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 12:23 PM