5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Ibanez 2550e
Rating 5 V
Haas1mj
Jul 18 2007, 09:35 PM
GMC:er
Wiki link

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MickeM: Sep 16 2008, 08:04 AM

--------------------
Gear

Guitars:

Ibanez Rg 2550e
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Seymour Duncan Pickups)
Fender Standard Telecaster (Fender Custom Shop Pickups)
Fender 50's Stratocaster (Seymour Duncan Pickups)
Amp/effects:
Line 6 PODxt Live
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bmh1109
Jul 19 2007, 10:52 PM
Glad to see theres another satisfied Ibanez player. Your guitar looks awesome, hope you enjoy it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Fender MIM Strat
Amps
Mesa Studio Preamp--->Mesa 50/50--->Line 6 M13 ---> into Avatar 2x12 Cab rewired for stereo operation

+Quote Post
BurzuM
Jul 21 2007, 03:09 PM
Nice axe, it looks great! I'm very interested in getting this guitar soon, but would you by chance be able to take a few more pictures of it in the light so I can see how that pickguard looks? You say it's an eggplant color..?

+Quote Post
Stratman58
Jul 23 2007, 09:04 PM
Same here... I'd like more pictures and possibly a sound file of you playing it? biggrin.gif

--------------------
God said "Let there be LIGHT"
and Chuck Norris said "Say Please"

Gear:
Ibanez RG Prestige 1570 Mirage Blue
Fender Mexican Strat HSS Arctic White
G&L Climax Marble body (Found my Gotoh trem bar!)
Crate GT1200H Half Stack
PodXTLive board
Ibanez delay and chorus tank pedals

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 23 2007, 09:34 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bmh1109 @ Jul 19 2007, 11:52 PM) *
Glad to see theres another satisfied Ibanez player. Your guitar looks awesome, hope you enjoy it.

Can there be an UN-satisfied Ibanez player? I think NOT! biggrin.gif

Ibanez is amazing!! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 23 2007, 09:51 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jul 23 2007, 04:34 PM) *
Can there be an UN-satisfied Ibanez player?

Not possible ...

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 23 2007, 11:43 PM
awesome dude, this is what i needed. I want this guitar so bad, this one is a prestige model right? man i cant wait! Thanks for the great review dude!

also it would be cool if we could have some more pics tongue.gif

This post has been edited by FretDancer69: Jul 23 2007, 11:44 PM

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Jul 24 2007, 03:55 AM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Jul 23 2007, 05:43 PM) *
awesome dude, this is what i needed. I want this guitar so bad, this one is a prestige model right? man i cant wait! Thanks for the great review dude!

also it would be cool if we could have some more pics tongue.gif

I know dude...its torture waiting to get enough money sad.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
Stratman58
Jul 24 2007, 04:25 PM
Well I've narrowed down from about 3 Ibanez guitars and 1 schecter to to this Ibanez 2550e. However, I've never had an opportunity to play it. The closest guitar center for me is a full tank of gas away (an $80 trip), so I can't really go out of my way to try it. Also, I hear that Guitar Center makes you buy the Ibanez prestige case, unlike online stores where they ship it in one...

So if anyone would like to compare this guitar or any other prestige model to a Fender Stratocaster in terms of neck size, speed, action, and tone, it'd be much appreciated! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Stratman58: Jul 24 2007, 04:25 PM

--------------------

Gear:
Crate GT1200H Half Stack
PodXTLive board

+Quote Post
RobM
Jul 28 2007, 07:15 AM
QUOTE (Stratman58 @ Jul 24 2007, 11:25 AM) *
Well I've narrowed down from about 3 Ibanez guitars and 1 schecter to to this Ibanez 2550e. However, I've never had an opportunity to play it. The closest guitar center for me is a full tank of gas away (an $80 trip), so I can't really go out of my way to try it. Also, I hear that Guitar Center makes you buy the Ibanez prestige case, unlike online stores where they ship it in one...

So if anyone would like to compare this guitar or any other prestige model to a Fender Stratocaster in terms of neck size, speed, action, and tone, it'd be much appreciated! smile.gif

I was recently told that Guitar Center is in real trouble financially and that they were recently bought by a large firm name behr or something like that? I was told that they got themselves into trouble by all of the sales that they "used" to have as in their famous white sale where every guitar in the place that was white was at 50% off or something rediqulous like that. Of course not crazy if you were there wanting to buy a US Start and got one for like $500.00 us, lol. But nuts if you're a business with a board of directors that needs to show a profit. I was also told that the service you get at the guitar center is lousy and you pay thru the nose for it.

Just passing on what i was told. please don't kill the messenger. smile.gif

--------------------
You wish.

+Quote Post
timono
Jul 30 2007, 06:43 PM
hey

just saw your topic and i deffinaitly agree!!!
on the advise of andrew and pavel i went looking for an ibanez rg prestige and this was the one i picked. i bought it 2 weeks ago and i hope you will be as happy with it as i am =P

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez RG 2550 EGK Presige, Essex wannabe Gibson guitar (don't know the full name), Alhambra acoustic guitar

Amps: Marshall MG 50DFX, Evans sound creator (50 watt), Orange crush 10

Effect pedals: Korg AX1500G

record stuff: Line 6 toneport UX1

Piano: Yamaha P-85

Wishlist:

Ibanez Jem 7V!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 30 2007, 07:16 PM
QUOTE (timono @ Jul 30 2007, 11:43 AM) *
hey

just saw your topic and i deffinaitly agree!!!
on the advise of andrew and pavel i went looking for an ibanez rg prestige and this was the one i picked. i bought it 2 weeks ago and i hope you will be as happy with it as i am =P

awesome dude. Cant wait for mine.... sad.gif and its not coming anywhere soon. sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stratman58
Jul 30 2007, 08:46 PM
Yeah seriously... no one has em!

--------------------

Gear:
Crate GT1200H Half Stack
PodXTLive board

+Quote Post
timono
Jul 31 2007, 09:45 AM
i was lucky with mine, went to the shop and asked for it (and some other ones ) and they got it! so i could take it with me cause i liked it most

=P

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez RG 2550 EGK Presige, Essex wannabe Gibson guitar (don't know the full name), Alhambra acoustic guitar

Amps: Marshall MG 50DFX, Evans sound creator (50 watt), Orange crush 10

Effect pedals: Korg AX1500G

record stuff: Line 6 toneport UX1

Piano: Yamaha P-85

Wishlist:

Ibanez Jem 7V!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 31 2007, 04:18 PM
Instructor
You were lucky m8! I go into my store here, and can't even get a pack of strings i want! biggrin.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 31 2007, 08:09 PM
hey i have a question:

Is this model (RG 2550e) always a Prestige Model, or are there 2 kinds of 2550e: Prestige and non-prestige?

unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Haas1mj
Jul 31 2007, 08:14 PM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Jul 31 2007, 02:09 PM) *
hey i have a question:

Is this model (RG 2550e) always a Prestige Model, or are there 2 kinds of 2550e: Prestige and non-prestige?

unsure.gif

I'm pretty sure it's always a Prestige

--------------------
Gear

Guitars:

Ibanez Rg 2550e
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Seymour Duncan Pickups)
Fender Standard Telecaster (Fender Custom Shop Pickups)
Fender 50's Stratocaster (Seymour Duncan Pickups)
Amp/effects:
Line 6 PODxt Live

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 31 2007, 08:17 PM
oh, alright then, thanks alot.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 31 2007, 10:03 PM
Instructor
If the RG model has 4-digit number in it (like RG1527, RG2550, RG2228) than you can be sure it's prestige! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 31 2007, 11:41 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jul 31 2007, 03:03 PM) *
If the RG model has 4-digit number in it (like RG1527, RG2550, RG2228) than you can be sure it's prestige! smile.gif

thats what i needed, thanks a bunch pavel! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:52 AM