Ibanez Tries To Be Fender At Namm
Todd Simpson
Jan 20 2021, 08:50 PM
GMC:er
In addition to a wad of new INDO Ibbys, Ibanez seems to think they can "out fender" Fender guitars. I'm curious to say the least. I want to try these to see what an Ibanez Tele feels and sounds like. I notice that they have released several cool looking ibanez super strats with Fishman pups. The new MIJ RGS look nice, but the prices are a pinch high. I hope they produce more RG565 guitars frankly as I'd rather have that than anything in the current lineup.

Here is more info on the new direction for Ibanez Guitars.

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/ibanez-int...-new-azs-series

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 20 2021, 09:17 PM
On first sight they actually reminded me of Godin Tele's; https://godinguitars.com/product-category/e...-body-electrics

I checked the youtube demo of a signature model and they sound like Godin tele's too, mid.s being focused on higher freq.s giving it a more modern tone. Pretty much same thing they did with the AZ, since Fender couldn't make its base accept their modern tone ibanez saw the opportunity.

Also noticed this;

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mertay: Jan 20 2021, 09:30 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Steve Gilfield
Jan 20 2021, 10:30 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Mertay @ Jan 20 2021, 08:17 PM) *
On first sight they actually reminded me of Godin Tele's; https://godinguitars.com/product-category/e...-body-electrics

I checked the youtube demo of a signature model and they sound like Godin tele's too, mid.s being focused on higher freq.s giving it a more modern tone. Pretty much same thing they did with the AZ, since Fender couldn't make its base accept their modern tone ibanez saw the opportunity.

Also noticed this;

That's an amazingly versatile guitar!

It is the kind of model that Fender would NEVER make. It has all the modern specs that Fender refuses to have on a tele.

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jan 20 2021, 11:10 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Steve Gilfield @ Jan 20 2021, 10:30 PM) *

It is the kind of model that Fender would NEVER make. It has all the modern specs that Fender refuses to have on a tele.

fender refusing to modernize , say it isn't so

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jan 21 2021, 03:35 AM
They look a little more like Music Man guitars from the 70s ...
https://www.google.com/search?q=music+man+s...t=firefox-b-1-d

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 21 2021, 10:06 AM
QUOTE (Steve Gilfield @ Jan 20 2021, 09:30 PM) *

We had a topic here just a week or so ago where it was agreed the customer base of fender isn't really open to such level of modernization. They do have guitars with similar/same modern aspects but simply doesn't sell.

A friend of mine had an ultra strat (if I remember the name right, was available for only 2 years then discontinued), I really liked the quality but disliked the sound. Even me being a non-strat guy, still there's that something to expect from a strat and when not getting that its a cold feeling.

But to be fair, they did do well with Charvel when implementing that sound. Maybe Tele charvel's not so much but the strat bodys are successful.

And yeah, not my color but that guitar does look cool smile.gif Actually a typical Tele can perform unexpectedly good for modern tones maybe with a bit help of pedals, its not too hard to get humbucker like tones from it, thats what I instinctively went for when I first had quality time with a tele biggrin.gif Seems ibanez simply noticed that from their customers and designed a guitar around that idea, ibanez has always been one of the smartest when it comes to customer-base.

This post has been edited by Mertay: Jan 21 2021, 10:12 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 21 2021, 03:35 PM
QUOTE (klasaine @ Jan 21 2021, 02:35 AM) *
They look a little more like Music Man guitars from the 70s ...
https://www.google.com/search?q=music+man+s...t=firefox-b-1-d

Those reminded me of new PRS models laugh.gif

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Fio...ple-fingerboard

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jan 21 2021, 04:39 PM
Also, Ibanez is no stranger to Strats and Teles historically ...
https://www.google.com/search?q=ibanez+1970...=aBeVkmjTS2zfOM

Here is a photo of the 'Lawsuit' models ...

Attached Image

*Ibanez never really got sued. They settled with Gibson and Fender never enforced their copyright.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:46 AM