13 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Victor's Bootcamp, Fell Deeds Awake! Now for Wrath!! Now for Ruin!!
Todd Simpson
Jun 6 2020, 03:59 AM
GMC:er
Yes 22 needs a new take. It looks like you are not playing the scale correctly. It's E MInor and I think you are one fret off for several strings. Don't worry about trying to shred this yet, it won't work until you have enough left hand power to make each note sound through using just a hammer on. Also, use your palm mute while you play to keep string noise to a minimum.

I used GUITAR for a long time and I made some very cool patches for it that are made for BOOTCAMP to help with licks like this. Here is a link to the GUITAR RIG PRESET VAULT in my board. Most are Guitar Rig 4 presets but they are compatible with Guitar Rig 5. They are all built to help you play licks like this. Just turn off the DELAY/REVERB so that the patch is not to busy sounding and you should have plenty of gain to play with just one hand. In the video for this lesson I'm using GUITAR RIG 5!

I've recreated the Tablature for this like just for you. I hope this helps and makes more sense. Give this a try. It will load inside of Guitar Pro and this should help things along! smile.gif Here is one of my fave patches for you to try.
Attached File  GMC_LESSON_87_MONSTER_GAIN.ksd.zip ( 5.56K ) Number of downloads: 368

Attached File  22.gp5 ( 2.02K ) Number of downloads: 368

Attached Image

This is the most important Missions so far Soldier. I hope all of this stuff helps you to make it across the finish line!! Let me know if you have questions!

Sarge

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 6 2020, 04:09 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 9 2020, 09:06 PM
I hope 22 is not throwing you off to bad soldier. Its a big step for sure. You can mute anywhere on the neck or not mute at all if you can keep it clean without the extra mute. It's up to you. The big thing for this mission is just to hammer on and pull off with the left hand to work up left hand power. I know it's hard. I know it's nearly impossible. I think you can do it! Shoot me a progress vid if you want to get some advice!!

Sarge

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Jun 10 2020, 06:38 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 9 2020, 08:06 PM) *
I hope 22 is not throwing you off to bad soldier. Its a big step for sure. You can mute anywhere on the neck or not mute at all if you can keep it clean without the extra mute. It's up to you. The big thing for this mission is just to hammer on and pull off with the left hand to work up left hand power. I know it's hard. I know it's nearly impossible. I think you can do it! Shoot me a progress vid if you want to get some advice!!

Sarge

Hi,

I think I can play it it's not throwing me off, but I just want to practice a bit more, since it's a new technique.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 11 2020, 06:45 AM
No worries! Practice makes perfect!

Sarge

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Jun 10 2020, 01:38 PM) *
Hi,

I think I can play it it's not throwing me off, but I just want to practice a bit more, since it's a new technique.

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Jul 2 2020, 05:27 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

Here is Lesson 22, still is harder without the pick.
Let me know what you think

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 3 2020, 04:03 AM
Well Fought Soldier!! This is one of the hardest Missions in the first 100. Some folks have serious problems getting this one sorted. I must say I'm impressed how you tore through it and keep it in tight with the metronome. The first take drifted a bit from the click, but the second one was really nice and tight. Congrats Soldier, you have just taken your first steps toward not needing a pick AT ALL! It becomes a tone choice once your left hand has so much power that you don't need the pick to make strikes.

Let's Debrief!

MEDALS OF HONOR

LEFT HAND POWER!!! Firstly I need to see good left hand power. Without enough left hand power, you won't be able to make this lick work. You have to make strikes using just your finger tips. This is a tough trick. You've got it Soldier!!! Spiff!

PACING:
This one is tough to keep smooth. Thats why the second thing I always look for is PACE. I want to see it played evenly from start to finish. It's not easy to do as it's a bit more complicated on the higher strings than on the lower strings. Despite that you keep it nice and evenly paced. NICE!

MUTE: I really wanna see if there is a lot of string noise on this lick. Good news is, there isn't any!! I don't know what is going on with your pick hand mute as I can't see the bridge, but your fret hand mute is quite good. Once does need both to really keep control over string noise. Well Done!

Congrats Soldier! you just..

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!
Sarge

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Jul 2 2020, 12:27 PM) *
Hi,

Here is Lesson 22, still is harder without the pick.
Let me know what you think

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Jul 8 2020, 04:47 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

I am currently practicing Lesson 23, and I started orchestrating this exercise:

Take a look and let me know what you think:

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Lesson_23___Extended_Scale_Runs.gp ( 19.78K ) Number of downloads: 359

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 9 2020, 05:03 AM
Very creative! smile.gif Keep in mind thought I I still need one clean pass, played smooth and even, without rushing or laggin. Doesn't have to be fast, just clean. A metronome is always a good idea on a long passage like this. After you can do anything you want with it so go for it! Sounds cool so far!

Sarge

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Jul 8 2020, 11:47 AM) *
Hi,

I am currently practicing Lesson 23, and I started orchestrating this exercise:

Take a look and let me know what you think:

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Jul 9 2020, 07:13 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 9 2020, 04:03 AM) *
Very creative! smile.gif Keep in mind thought I I still need one clean pass, played smooth and even, without rushing or laggin. Doesn't have to be fast, just clean. A metronome is always a good idea on a long passage like this. After you can do anything you want with it so go for it! Sounds cool so far!

Sarge

So you mean I should record a video playing this exercise with a metronome instead of the backing track I created?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 13 2020, 08:27 AM
Mission 23 is about playing an extended scale run. The metronome shows that you can play it and not rush or lag. That's sorta the entire point of the Mission. Playing huge scale runs evenly and smoothly. But after you play it with the metronome, please to record the backing track as well as I'd love to hear it! I just can't badge you up unless you play the actual mission as they build on each other. Make sense?

Sarge
QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Jul 9 2020, 02:13 AM) *
So you mean I should record a video playing this exercise with a metronome instead of the backing track I created?

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Jul 13 2020, 05:09 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

Here is Lesson 23:

I tried to get as most as I could from this lesson, so I played it in different ways.

1. Played 16th notes at 100BPM (4 notes per click), this should be in my comfort speed zone, not sure about the timing.
2. I played each note to a metronome click (the same speed)
3. Played with backing track at 115BPM, here I tried to push my speed limit as much as a could.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 14 2020, 07:16 AM
NICE!!! This is exactly what I'm looking for. You did a great job synching with the metronome. This is crucial to developing your sense of timing. Without a solid sense of "time", a player drifts, rushes, lags, etc. In short plays badly. You did a killer job with all the speeds. NICE!!! That is a LONG scale run. Some folks have a really hard time with it You killed it!!

Let's Debrief!!!

PINKY TRAVEL leading up the fretboard with the weakest finger (the pinky) is something that takes real work. I can see the work in your playing soldier. Nice!! It's also the key to doing fast runs up the neck.

PACING If you rush or lag, the lick falls apart and you get to start over. Not so here, you played it several times at several speeds and KRUSHED IT.

MUTING I know I'm always banging on about palm muting. It's that important. Especially on long runs like this. Some folks just cant do it and use a wrap at the first fret. You did it just fine!

Congrats soldier, you can now do full neck runs with the best of them. Try to use this in music, even if you have to write the music yourself. Great lead work needs a good backing.

You just..
LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image
Attached Image

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Jul 13 2020, 12:09 PM) *
Hi,

Here is Lesson 23:

I tried to get as most as I could from this lesson, so I played it in different ways.

1. Played 16th notes at 100BPM (4 notes per click), this should be in my comfort speed zone, not sure about the timing.
2. I played each note to a metronome click (the same speed)
3. Played with backing track at 115BPM, here I tried to push my speed limit as much as a could.

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Jul 15 2020, 06:47 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

LESSON #24 - Building Left Hand Strength, Stretch and Speed.

This is the way I want to practice it. Let me know what you think
I made them triplets.

This post has been edited by Victor Simion: Jul 16 2020, 03:39 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 16 2020, 02:28 AM
That works! It's basically triplets all the way. Just the minor scale in 3 note per string chunks. Go for it!

Sarge

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Jul 15 2020, 01:47 PM) *
Hi,

LESSON #24 - Building Left Hand Strength, Stretch and Speed.

This is the way I want to practice it. Let me know what you think
I made them triplets.

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Jul 16 2020, 03:40 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 16 2020, 01:28 AM) *
That works! It's basically triplets all the way. Just the minor scale in 3 note per string chunks. Go for it!

Sarge

I don't know why but the attachement did not work.
I will try to upload it again

This post has been edited by Victor Simion: Jul 16 2020, 03:41 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  LESSON__24___Building_Left_Hand_Strength.gp ( 10.46K ) Number of downloads: 345

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 18 2020, 01:10 AM
Attachment seemed to work ok smile.gif But usually it helps to zip them first.
Attached Image

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Jul 16 2020, 10:40 AM) *

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 20 2020, 04:47 AM
Triplets are perfect VICTOR go for it!

Sarge

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Jul 16 2020, 10:40 AM) *

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Jul 22 2020, 06:10 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 20 2020, 03:47 AM) *
Triplets are perfect VICTOR go for it!

Sarge

Yes, thank you.
I am currently practicing your lesson in triplets.

Also I am practicing this one:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Tightness_Etude/

I think this one is very good to develop timing, I am practicing it and record me and then listen to my playing.
The full speed is a bit hard for me 110BPM at 16th notes, so I am starting slowly and I almost reach full speed but my hand sync is not very good at 110BPM 16th notes on this one.

I am also practicing: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Altern...king-Workout-7/

This one I can play it at full speed except from one measure that is giving me trouble where I have to make shifting positions on the same string. The trouble is hand sync.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 22 2020, 08:50 PM
A good batch to be working on! The one lick that is chromatic is almost exactly like one of our upcoming missions. I throw in chromatic stuff here and there through out bootcamp. It's a great way to work on hand synch without having to worry about the pattern too much. I don't use a shift for the B string, it's just straight chromatic type stuff. Onward!

Sarge

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Jul 22 2020, 01:10 PM) *
Yes, thank you.
I am currently practicing your lesson in triplets.

Also I am practicing this one:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Tightness_Etude/

I think this one is very good to develop timing, I am practicing it and record me and then listen to my playing.
The full speed is a bit hard for me 110BPM at 16th notes, so I am starting slowly and I almost reach full speed but my hand sync is not very good at 110BPM 16th notes on this one.

I am also practicing: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Altern...king-Workout-7/

This one I can play it at full speed except from one measure that is giving me trouble where I have to make shifting positions on the same string. The trouble is hand sync.

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Jul 22 2020, 08:58 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 22 2020, 07:50 PM) *
A good batch to be working on! The one lick that is chromatic is almost exactly like one of our upcoming missions. I throw in chromatic stuff here and there through out bootcamp. It's a great way to work on hand synch without having to worry about the pattern too much. I don't use a shift for the B string, it's just straight chromatic type stuff. Onward!

Sarge

Here you are referring to Tightness Etude from what I can say.

And also I am practicing Alternate Picking #7 and hope to be able to enter rec zone with it and get a good grade.

--------------------

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:02 PM