Steve Vai / Whispering A Prayer, Greatest Intstrumental Ever Written...
The Uncreator
Apr 24 2007, 11:50 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Well i did alot of death metal and and stuff last few posts, so heres something you all can apprectiate! this is a great video of the greatest instrumental ever written and steve vais best song (to me anyways biggrin.gif ) by someone we all know, Steve Vai, Everytime i watch this video i get so damn inspired, i spent a week learning this song as best i could, i think many of you should enjoy this video.

PS
Anyone else notice Vai has Impossibly Good technique? smile.gif

Steve Vai - Whispering A Prayer

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 25 2007, 12:07 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Apr 24 2007, 06:50 PM) *
Well i did alot of death metal and and stuff last few posts, so heres something you all can apprectiate! this is a great video of the greatest instrumental ever written and steve vais best song (to me anyways biggrin.gif ) by someone we all know, Steve Vai, Everytime i watch this video i get so damn inspired, i spent a week learning this song as best i could, i think many of you should enjoy this video.
PS

Steve Vai - Whispering A Prayer

Simply amazing - thanks!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 25 2007, 12:57 AM
Yeah, if you ever get a chance to see him live do it, his shows are just amazing. Steve vai is a great performer

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Apr 25 2007, 03:49 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Apr 24 2007, 10:50 PM) *

I'm watching it and I still have no idea what he's doing to make those sounds.

I followed the comments to the All About Evo page on Vai.com. That's a messed up guitar. Eesh.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 25 2007, 05:00 AM
Instructor
I have this DVD! This performance of this song is superlative!
Steve Vai can open his soul for the audience when he's playing..

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
Apr 25 2007, 05:02 AM
I've seen Vai play this piece twice live before. I also got to hold THE Evo, and I met Vai for my 15th birthday.

... but actually I like Windows to the Soul more than W.A.P. these days. Lots of great Vai ballads. I'd say that's his strong point.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Apr 25 2007, 04:03 PM
Lets go fishing!
Steve Vai is my other faviroute next to Paul Gilbert biggrin.gif What beautiful technique he is showing in this video. Love the JEM too cool.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Rvddps
Apr 25 2007, 05:23 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Apr 25 2007, 12:57 AM) *
Yeah, if you ever get a chance to see him live do it, his shows are just amazing. Steve vai is a great performer

I'm actually going to see him live on the 25th of July, im so excited, he's my favourite player!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 25 2007, 07:13 PM
QUOTE (Scott Gentzen @ Apr 24 2007, 10:49 PM) *
I'm watching it and I still have no idea what he's doing to make those sounds.

I followed the comments to the All About Evo page on Vai.com. That's a messed up guitar. Eesh.

Yeah, well he puts his guitars through hell, and they still sound perfect!

Anyway, Steve vai is a magnificent performer, Windows Of The Soul is another one of my favorite, also Hand On Heart is great, i love that one to.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:40 PM