Confused By Gmc, Where to go?
TimMcG
Jan 10 2012, 06:35 AM
GMC:er
I've recently started playing and think I have the beginner stuff down. There are so many lessons/series here. I have no idea where to start.
I saw a lesson path in the wiki section, but it really didn't seem to be that logical to me.
So...
Where do I start?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JD_
Jan 10 2012, 07:01 AM
Learning Roadie
Obviously an Instructor will be able to help you more....

but.... it depends on the style's of music and the technique you wish to develop. Blues? Metal? Rock? also Lead, Rhythm and Theory?

Post your goals and aims underneath then when an instructor sees this post they will help you find the correct path.

Hope it helps

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jan 10 2012, 07:03 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
I think the best would be the search box on the top. I always do that, if I want to improve certain techniques or learn a certain scale. If you don't know what to search, you can go to Guitar Lessons and see by level. I did that most of the time to gradually try difficult lessons each time. I practice what I like, more of melody searcher. smile.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 10 2012, 07:18 AM
GMC:er
It's easy to feel overwhelmed at first. There's soooooo much to learn and see. Don't worry though, this passes in a bit of time. Try to focus on things you want to play. If you have a fav song, look it up here and see if there is a lesson on it. Or a fav guitar player. Or a scale/lick you want to learn. As was mentioned, type that in the search box and go from there. Also, hop in to all the Live Video Chats you can and ask questions. It can really help you focus and find your path. And remember, there's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path smile.gif

Todd

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 10 2012, 11:03 AM
Instructor
Hi Tim (I'm assuming it's Tim, from your username) smile.gif

It sounds like you're crafting your rhythm techniques so I would suggest anything that expands on the rhythm work you already know. So perhaps some lessons which are more riff based and require some more finger shifting.

Also, as the guys said, let us know what your musical tastes are too so we can help direct you to some things that are suitable wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 10 2012, 11:04 AM
Instructor
It's more of a question: "what do you want to work on next?". It's important to have that idea as a musician. You can't escape from yourself, so it would be best to:

- see what type of music you like the most
- draw a line on everything you practiced so far
- ask yourself, where do you want to be in the future with your playing/composing?

After you do this, feel free to let us know as well, so we can help you in recommending the right path. There is wealth of information there, and based on the info you give us, we can give you some guidelines. It could be that the next step is practicing pentatonic scale (if you just started recently), but it would be good to tell us what you practiced.

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Jan 10 2012, 11:05 AM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 10 2012, 03:17 PM
Instructor
Hi friend! There is a really cool series for beginners by Bear Rose. Check it out:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn..._1_Open_Chords/

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 12 2012, 11:09 AM
Instructor
Mate, Ivan's questions are very good! It's important to understand where you would like to arrive with your guitarplaying and musicianship. Think about it, give us some hints and we'll be glad to help!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:23 PM