> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Caprice No. 24 - Paganini , Lesson By Kosei Kubota
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 1 ] ** [50.00%]
5 [ 1 ] ** [50.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 2

Filipinho
Jan 21 2019, 03:35 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Caprice No. 24 - Paganini by Kosei Kubota

I love the 24th... it's very demanding, and i play a bunch of wrong notes 'cause i never rehearse it properly, and i'm very, very sloppy. Here's a bit of the last time i gave it a try. (oh well, back to my day job...)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 21 2019, 03:39 PM
Instructor
Hi mate,

This is an extended version compared with the original lesson. As you've said, this one need more practice since it requires a lot of precision to sound good. There are many wrong notes here and there, and even the lesson's part tempo is a bit rushed.

Take your time to practice at slower tempos to improve your hands sync and avoid missed and/or wrong notes.

Cheers!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 22 2019, 07:15 AM
GMC:er
This is a very bold choice and you are a very brace guy for picking it! It's a GREAT piece. I'm impressed with how much of it you have gotten down so far! It may be a bit premature to do a rec take, but I think doing rec takes early is honestly a good idea as it allows you to get feedback and gives you a chance to get used to recording it. That dreaded "RED LIGHT SYNDROME" when the camera light comes on is something that can only be beaten with practice. So submit as many rec takes as you like and we will always give you some feedback you can use smile.gif

Kudos for not staring at the neck the entire time. However, until you get all the notes, you may need to stare at it just a bit more. Also, you appear to be playing this faster than your knowledge of the peice would allow. Slow it down a bit and break it in to sections so that you can get a handle on it. Then put it back together and record again.
Looking forward to your next take!
Todd
QUOTE (Filipinho @ Jan 21 2019, 10:35 AM) *
Original lesson: Caprice No. 24 - Paganini by Kosei Kubota

I love the 24th... it's very demanding, and i play a bunch of wrong notes 'cause i never rehearse it properly, and i'm very, very sloppy. Here's a bit of the last time i gave it a try. (oh well, back to my day job...)

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 22 2019, 03:00 PM
GMC Founder
Agreed - this one is not ready for REC yet.

Also - it's important to note that if you practice at this tempo you will consolidate bad syncing between your hands. So you need to spend more time with the slower tempos focusing on playing totally relaxed and synced with both hands.

Keep up the work! I am closing this thread.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:32 PM