Getting into an accident leaving me blind or deaf [ 9 ] ** [26.47%]
Doing something embarassing on TV and living with the stigma [ 3 ] ** [8.82%]
Total Votes: 34
Guests cannot vote 
FretDancer69
Oct 30 2007, 07:57 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (fkalich @ Oct 30 2007, 12:48 AM) *
Also you don't need to follow "news". Trust me, all crap, CNN, BBC, NPR, FOX, all of it, useless crap. Have not watched or listened or read any of it for 3 years now, and trust me, have not missed a thing. None of that matter whatever to your real life, it just screws with your head, just a branch of the entertainment industry, better to watch cartoons. Don't care who is president. Won't matter, all the same. If you get away from it, that becomes clear to you.

i like that attitude. I barely watch TV nowadays too, not because of that, but because i dedicate more time to the guitar. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Slammer
Oct 30 2007, 08:03 AM
QUOTE (ActiveX @ Oct 30 2007, 01:06 AM) *
I'm afraid of clowns, mascots, store Santa's...pretty much anyone in a costume or mask where I can't identify them. It's not that I'm scared of them, I just feel extremely uncomfortable around them. It's a little weird I know...but please keep GWAR and Slipnot the hell away from me!
p.s. KISS is ok; I don't mind makeup!

laugh.gif laugh.gif My First Job I ever had was a Mall Easter bunny a few years ago.

I was more afraid of the kids then they were of me huh.gif

I was afraid of them because I thought they were gonna knock my bunny Head off laugh.gif laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Oct 30 2007, 08:06 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
my worst fear is losing my hearing. I could deal with any other sense loss, but if i cant hear music, i got nothing.

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Oct 30 2007, 08:20 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
As a parent I don't fear my child developing beyond (I hope she does) or even rejecting me I do however fear the possibility that I might out live her. I've a number of friends who have had their own children die young - either from illness or accident - and been devastated by it. My wife shares the same fear - every night she will stand in my daughter's bedroom when our girl is asleep just to listen to hear her breathing.

Having said that it's not a fear I spend much time on. It's just there as a dark possibility. For me I think it's more important that I just learn to live with rather then being consumed by it. I certainly don't want to over-protect my little girl as she needs to live and experience her life (if you see what I mean).

Personally I'm not 100% rational and indeed never will be - the downside of this is I have irrational fears; the upside is I have moments of irrational joy. All in all, for me, I kind of like it that way.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Oct 30 2007, 08:39 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I think all fears should either be confronted if they can be, or not dwelled on.

+Quote Post
man0mule
Oct 30 2007, 08:45 AM
how can you put mummys on the list and not zombies. zombies are hell of allot scarier....especially the dawn of the dead kind

--------------------

+Quote Post
stratman33
Oct 30 2007, 08:47 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Oct 29 2007, 03:58 PM) *
Oh but make no mistake, we are afraid. Especially of your alien moderating powers! biggrin.gif

Spiders scare me. I kill them in an instant if they are too big. If they are small I will pick them up (in a piece of toilet paper) and toss them out doors, alive. But big ones... I guess it's just a reaction, kill or get killed.
This fear of course excludes spiderusalem.. to a point. tongue.gif

Also heights, I hate em.

ya im freaked by spiders to..we get alot of black ones in my house unsure.gif i hate it!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Oct 30 2007, 10:35 AM
I was fine with spiders until one day about five years ago I had a gigantic garden spider drop out of a tree. Down my shirt. My shirt was tucked in. Ever since then I have hated spiders, and will kill any that I see. mad.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Oct 30 2007, 12:42 PM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Oct 30 2007, 12:20 AM) *
As a parent I don't fear my child developing beyond (I hope she does) or even rejecting me I do however fear the possibility that I might out live her. I've a number of friends who have had their own children die young - either from illness or accident - and been devastated by it. My wife shares the same fear - every night she will stand in my daughter's bedroom when our girl is asleep just to listen to hear her breathing.

Thats why I didn't put it on the list. Its a no brainer, fear of having a child die is the worst kind I can imagine. I'm sure I speak for most everyone here.

QUOTE (man0mule @ Oct 30 2007, 12:45 AM) *
how can you put mummys on the list and not zombies. zombies are hell of allot scarier....especially the dawn of the dead kind

ah jeez your right! I think its because when I think of zombies, it registers in my mind as "awesome". as terrible as this sounds, I half hope for a zombie outbreak somewhere. Its like a lethal game of tag. Surviving, killing zombies, running, shooting, fun. I read too much of that comic "Walking Dead"

There would definitely be one good thing about a zombie apocalypse. I believe that it would take a world overrun by the undead for human beings to truly start living.

This post has been edited by Spiderusalem: Oct 30 2007, 12:48 PM

--------------------
Equipment: Classical/Jazz hybrid guitar. blunt/black humor.

Success is the best revenge.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Oct 30 2007, 07:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ActiveX @ Oct 30 2007, 07:22 AM) *
Good advice Pavel...but sometimes s**t happens!
My girlfriend became pregnant at a horrible time, I had no money, wasn't finished college, and I did not want to have any children.
Was I ready to start a family? No
Did I step up and take care of my responsibilites? Yes
Was it hard working full time, going to school, finding a house, and starting a family all at the same time? Hell Yes!

Do I regret it?
NEVER, best thing that ever happened to me. biggrin.gif

You know, she sure didn't get pregnant accidently or by herself wink.gif So it's definitely your "fault" if we may call it that way.

You CAN plan a lot of things smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Oct 30 2007, 09:49 PM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Oct 30 2007, 08:20 AM) *

Having said that it's not a fear I spend much time on. It's just there as a dark possibility. For me I think it's more important that I just learn to live with rather then being consumed by it. I certainly don't want to over-protect my little girl as she needs to live and experience her life (if you see what I mean).

Personally I'm not 100% rational and indeed never will be - the downside of this is I have irrational fears; the upside is I have moments of irrational joy. All in all, for me, I kind of like it that way.

Cheers,
Tony

I have a fear of my children rejecting me because that would be because something turned really bad in their life (or mine) to make them push away the people that love them.
I agree that they have to experience things and live their own life. That's what shapes them to something good. Still it is frustrating to see them repeat the exact same mistakes I did myself. They have yet to come up with something I didn't do (well, I truly hope they aren't that inventive). It just feels stupid to watch them go throught it.

And as fkalich said, throw out your TV. The stuff they push out for entertainment is pure garbage. I rarely watch anything except documentarys on TV for the last years and I never ever watch the news.

I lied a bit there. I watch Simpsons for entertainment and AFV for the news clips coverage. Now that's quality TV for you.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Animosity
Oct 31 2007, 05:14 AM
QUOTE (blindwillie @ Oct 30 2007, 03:49 PM) *
And as fkalich said, throw out your TV. The stuff they push out for entertainment is pure garbage.

I don't think that cutting children off completely from things like TV is such a great idea. My aunt did that with her children, now everywhere they go all they want to do is watch the "mysterious TV." I do agree that MOST of the things that networks push through their stations is garbage. Perhaps you could just let them watch, but moderate what they watch? All this reality TV bull is just a big joke. It's just people watching something they would like to do... Well then go do it!

I rarely watch anything except documentarys on TV for the last years and I never ever watch the news.

Bah, news these days is just the anchors opinions. I don't think that there is an unbiased news channel anywhere on TV(mainstream networks at least) or the internet! I do believe that this is a huge problem in the USA right now. Ignorant people listening to other people's opinions just creates more of a bias, which ultimately leads to disagreement. I just want someone to tell me straight facts for a change. I will make up my own mind, I don't need your help!

I lied a bit there. I watch Simpsons for entertainment and AFV for the news clips coverage. Now that's quality TV for you.

Hahaha, AFV for news clips! That is excellent!

The only thing I turn the old TV on for these days is Scrubs! THE GREATEST SHOW ON TELEVISION! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
ActiveX
Oct 31 2007, 05:26 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Oct 30 2007, 11:58 AM) *
You CAN plan a lot of things smile.gif

This is true, but life is unpredictable, especially as you get older and into more serious relationships. I used to think that I could plan and control everything, but I have learned that things can change in the blink of an eye, and even the smartest people have temporary lapses in judgment from time to time.
It is good to make plans and stick to them, but when life throws you a curve ball, you had better be able to
handle it, or else you are in trouble.

Man, I feel really old right now sad.gif

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Oct 31 2007, 04:34 PM
QUOTE (Animosity @ Oct 31 2007, 05:14 AM) *
I don't think that cutting children off completely from things like TV is such a great idea.

No, ofc not. I'm exaggerating a bit, and I was mostly talking about myself and how I use the TV. Totally lost the interest in broadcasted TV. The kids watch it but not that much. Usually it's just on, contributing to the general background noise smile.gif

This post has been edited by blindwillie: Oct 31 2007, 04:35 PM

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:42 PM