I Did It!, reached my goal!
Ctodd
Jan 24 2009, 04:17 AM
GMC:er
so when I started trying to tackle Pavel's Power Galloping lesson, (I started many months ago) I really struggled with the galloping rhythm. At first I used the wrong picking pattern, then I found out that you're NOT supposed to pick with your elbow (I investigated this after I hit a wall at around 100 BPM).. and THEN It took me awhile to find out the hell people were talking about when they mention the "pick angle" when playing fast stuff... yeah, up until about a week ago I was doing this all with a zero pick-angle

Well it turns out that was the last key to the puzzle, the pick angle. Because now I finally reached my goal of 140 BPM, using a galloping/Palm-muted rhythm. It's not perfect but I'm sure by tomorrow I'll have down.

I've learned alot, basically, when I started, I considered myself a very novice guitarist, but now I'd say I am approaching amateur status!

Next stop.... the whole lesson. Don't hold your breath... it'll take me many, many hours until I get that up to speed. Right now its sitting at about 100 BPM

enough babbling, here is my latest conquest

EDIT: now that I am listening to it more and more, I think I over compensated for the recording lag mad.gif wacko.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ctodd: Jan 24 2009, 04:20 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  galloping_awesomeness.mp3 ( 320.49K ) Number of downloads: 250

--------------------
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 5 2009, 03:41 AM) *
When you hear something that you really like, take guitar and kill the beast.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 12)
skennington
Jan 24 2009, 05:00 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Great to see the excitement in your text man which translates to your feeling! Nothing like some gratification for those hours practiced. Now you have more motivation to get after it at full speed.. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 24 2009, 05:21 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Very nice ctodd smile.gif Your hard work payed off bro! Sounds great! When you get more relaxed with the bpm's you will put more punch on the rhythm part which will give it more passion!

Great work man smile.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Jan 24 2009, 07:36 AM
Instructor
Wow mate, it's really great to see this kind of improvement!!! smile.gif
Is great when you put a goal and you reach to it.
Congrats on your new achivement.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jan 24 2009, 01:06 PM
Instructor
Congrats on achieving your goal dude, these kind of things will help to keep the motivation going smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Gilmore
Jan 24 2009, 01:23 PM
GMC:er
Great man, it´s always nice to step up a level. When I discovered that trick to angle the pick, many door opened and my playing completely changed. Keep on practicing to the next level, you get there. smile.gif

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Gibson SG 61´ Reissue, Gibson Les Paul Classic, Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2008 OW RW) , Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2003 2TSB MPL), Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Warmoth Telecaster (BlueBurst), Warmoth Custom (CherryBurst).
Accoustic Guitars: Ovation Custom Legend, Ovation Legend (12 string), Martin 000-15M.
Classical Guitars: Jose Ramirez 125 Ano (Cedar), Manuel Rodriguez Model D (Spruce).
Bass: Ibanez SRX500.
Keyboard: M-Audio Keystation 88es.
Recording interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DPS.

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Jan 24 2009, 01:36 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Now You need to set a new goal for You;)

--------------------

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jan 24 2009, 02:10 PM
Instructor
That's awesome man!
It's so cool to be able to see one's progress.
I love it when you talk about "key to the puzzle", that's what is so interesting to me about developing into a better guitarist... It's an ongoing quest made of thoughtful analysis of your technique to constantly improve it.
Great job!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 24 2009, 04:21 PM
Instructor
Great to hear about you improving man. Keep up the good work wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Jan 24 2009, 11:49 PM
Instructor
Great! Nice work smile.gif There's nothing like the feeling of achievement and progress.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Feb 2 2009, 08:49 PM
Jazz Instructor
Yeah, it is great. Now, set a ladder little higher!:)

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Feb 7 2009, 11:58 AM
Learning Tone Guru
Now comes the best part.. Enjoying new learned technique and choosing a new goal to follow:)

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 7 2009, 12:05 PM
Instructor
Awesome man! Glad you got the pick angle issue worked out! Now it will be a lot easier for other similar stuff in the future as well! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:45 PM