5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Creativity Workout 2021
Phil66
Jul 1 2021, 03:54 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
That's a great video Gab, thank you, I picked up some tips not related to the creativity workout wink.gif

I've had to scrap the idea I had in my head, I think it was a little too ambitious rolleyes.gif I'll go back to a more basic idea smile.gif

Cheers

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 2 2021, 04:08 PM
Instructor
Which tips? Now I want to know.. biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 2 2021, 05:26 PM
I'll have to watch it again, I can't remember laugh.gif I just think it was the general way you go about your recording etc, guitar 1 & 2 was one thing, I always record one guitar track and copy it over etc, but just seeing that gave me some ideas about recording two tracks at once with different effects and panned slightly left & right. I guess I've been narrow minded in the past.

There were other things, I found it great to watch a pro creating something in their DAW, just the general workflow was inspiring and educating.

I'm currently trying to get a drum plugin to work but I can't find it in Reaper, I've done the same as I have with other plugins. I've never used a drum plugin before and I liked the way you checked out the grooves.

I'll watch it again and get back to you but it would be great to watch you working on the next collab wink.gif

Saludos

Gab's Army is on tour smile.gif

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jul 2 2021, 05:29 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 4 2021, 05:15 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 2 2021, 01:26 PM) *
I'll have to watch it again, I can't remember laugh.gif I just think it was the general way you go about your recording etc, guitar 1 & 2 was one thing, I always record one guitar track and copy it over etc, but just seeing that gave me some ideas about recording two tracks at once with different effects and panned slightly left & right. I guess I've been narrow minded in the past.
There were other things, I found it great to watch a pro creating something in their DAW, just the general workflow was inspiring and educating.

Nice to know this Phil. One important clarification... I'm using a Quad Cortex to record my guitar and it provides an stereo output with stereo effects and processing. That's why I record this on two channels. If you connect your guitar directly to the soundcard, you don't need to record it twice. You can set up a stereo channel and treat it as stereo.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 2 2021, 01:26 PM) *
I'll watch it again and get back to you but it would be great to watch you working on the next collab wink.gif

Cool! I'll do more of these videos. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 4 2021, 07:29 AM
Learning Rock Star
I will try to create and record something in the next few days when I get home from my trip. I get home today, but still need some time to work smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 4 2021, 09:33 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 4 2021, 05:15 AM) *
Nice to know this Phil. One important clarification... I'm using a Quad Cortex to record my guitar and it provides an stereo output with stereo effects and processing. That's why I record this on two channels. If you connect your guitar directly to the soundcard, you don't need to record it twice. You can set up a stereo channel and treat it as stereo.

Yeah, thanks, it did spark some ideas though cool.gif

After my initial idea that I've had to stop working on as my idea was bigger than my skill rolleyes.gif I'm struggling to come up with something. sad.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jul 4 2021, 09:37 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 7 2021, 01:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 4 2021, 03:29 AM) *
I will try to create and record something in the next few days when I get home from my trip. I get home today, but still need some time to work smile.gif

Great mate! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 4 2021, 05:33 AM) *
Yeah, thanks, it did spark some ideas though cool.gif

After my initial idea that I've had to stop working on as my idea was bigger than my skill rolleyes.gif I'm struggling to come up with something. sad.gif

Why do you think that your idea was bigger than your skill? Maybe I can help you to adapt it to something that is familiar to you.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 7 2021, 01:58 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 7 2021, 01:36 PM) *
Why do you think that your idea was bigger than your skill? Maybe I can help you to adapt it to something that is familiar to you.

Thanks Gab,

Maybe "bigger than my skill" was the wrong choice of words, it was too big for my knowledge, I had a story in mind, like I had with the clown one, I needed quite a few sound samples to pull it off and finding them can be a ball ache so I've decided to do a tune for the moment in the picture and now, after looking at it for quite some time, I'm getting some happy vibes, that poor man could have been stuck on a ventilator for weeks and has just started his recovery and is taking great comfort in the fact that he is alive and interacting with another human again.

I'll come up with something in the next few days, maybe when I'm on tour with Gab's Army at the weekend, some of the Welsh magic that inspired Mr Plant will hit me cool.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 7 2021, 03:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 7 2021, 09:58 AM) *
I had a story in mind, like I had with the clown one, I needed quite a few sound samples to pull it off and finding them can be a ball ache

What kind of samples? Now I'm curious...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 7 2021, 06:10 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 7 2021, 03:24 PM) *
What kind of samples? Now I'm curious...

In order :
A gentle cough, a sound that represents tension to represent the worrying that you may have Covid, hospital sound bytes, a sound to represent the disease and the suffering, all of this with some kind of Bm7 arpeggio or something like that, then, a transition to a happier key, a knock on the ward door with a, "hello, are you okay now", with some major key orchestral music, bird song and a Steve Vai style FTLOG crescendo to represent the relief of the patient being hugged and knowing that they're coming out of the other side alive.

It was a big project to take on, bigger than the clown one with my John 5 impersonation laugh.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 7 2021, 07:01 PM
Instructor
Wou! That's an interesting idea! I think most of those things could be easy to get. Every time I need an fx or specific sound, I use Youtube. There are many free samples there, and you can use any "youtube to wav" downloader to get the file.

If you decide to get into the project, I'm here to guide you. If you prefer to go for the other idea, it's also great! Can't wait to hear your input here.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 7 2021, 09:01 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 7 2021, 07:01 PM) *
Wou! That's an interesting idea! I think most of those things could be easy to get. Every time I need an fx or specific sound, I use Youtube. There are many free samples there, and you can use any "youtube to wav" downloader to get the file.

If you decide to get into the project, I'm here to guide you. If you prefer to go for the other idea, it's also great! Can't wait to hear your input here.

Thanks Gab, sometimes my creativity runs away with me rolleyes.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 8 2021, 02:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 7 2021, 05:01 PM) *
Thanks Gab, sometimes my creativity runs away with me rolleyes.gif

haha, you need to catch it!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 8 2021, 04:22 PM
Learning Rock Star
Kinda just notating an idea in Guitar Pro. I'll record it later when it's closer to being finished smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Creativity_Workout_re_boot_I.gp ( 32.58K ) Number of downloads: 96

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 9 2021, 06:07 PM
Instructor
Hi Cael! It sounds very good! I like how you experimented with different diminished and augmented 5ths. I think that it reflects the very different vibes of this picture... melancholy, darkness, loneliness, pure love, care...

Very promising!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Jul 9 2021, 09:50 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hello Gab,

here is my creativity workout. I found 3 hours to play so i recorded my idea and make the arrangement smile.gif

i tried to first get a dark sound followed by some beautiful moments where i changed mode.
Then i aslo modulated to minor at the end of the second part.
At the end i finished with the E chord but again with a phrygian dark sound.
So phrygian- Major- 1 chord minor and phrygian smile.gif

this was in my mind what i heard when i saw the picture.

Greetz Tim

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 10 2021, 07:03 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Jul 11 2021, 11:59 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks a lot gab.
Im really happy to see and hear that the feeling i wanted to give to the tune came across as i mented.
I will definitely participate with the next one if i have the time smile.gif

Greetz tim

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Jul 11 2021, 03:42 PM
Veteran Tone Master
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 29 2021, 04:59 PM) *
I have something! Check the video to see the recording process.

[attachment=52333:Creativity_Idea.mp3]

Hi Gab

Very interesting.... I'm happy to see this video
I undestand the step of backing track
Very cool ideas, picture & music sound great

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 11 2021, 04:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tflava @ Jul 11 2021, 07:59 AM) *
Thanks a lot gab.
Im really happy to see and hear that the feeling i wanted to give to the tune came across as i mented.
I will definitely participate with the next one if i have the time smile.gif

Greetz tim

Yes! The interesting part here is that you first thought about a feeling, and then used the right theoretical concepts to achieve it. The main goal of this workout is to develop the spiritual side, but it's a whole new level if you can also connect it with theory.

QUOTE (MisterM @ Jul 11 2021, 11:42 AM) *
Hi Gab

Very interesting.... I'm happy to see this video
I undestand the step of backing track
Very cool ideas, picture & music sound great

Hi MisterM! Thanks for your feedback. It's nice to know that this type of videos help. Do you have any experience recording backing tracks?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:10 AM