3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Too Many Guitars?, Do you have too many guitars.
Darius Wave
Apr 3 2014, 02:30 PM
Instructor
Wise words biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 3 2014, 11:30 PM
Instructor
John! I know and have the book biggrin.gif I haven't yet started reading it, but it's on the shelf smile.gif

Just about 40 minutes ago, I finished cleaning up the house and I was so happy that I don't own a lot of furniture or stuff in general - it went quickly, but when I got in the studio... pfff, move all the guitars and so on biggrin.gif I was thinking, what if they were less? laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Palacios
Apr 4 2014, 01:12 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 3 2014, 03:30 PM) *
John! I know and have the book biggrin.gif I haven't yet started reading it, but it's on the shelf smile.gif

Just about 40 minutes ago, I finished cleaning up the house and I was so happy that I don't own a lot of furniture or stuff in general - it went quickly, but when I got in the studio... pfff, move all the guitars and so on biggrin.gif I was thinking, what if they were less? laugh.gif

I love guitars, and in my mind I'm guitar poor. That might actually prompt me to save up for a bigger place. I don't think I'm anywhere near 200 items. My wife has that in the closet. It's a good idea to strive for less. I think people are actually happier with less stuff. When I wanna buy something; the first thing that goes through my mind is where will it go, and do i have room for it. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 4 2014, 02:37 AM
GMC:er
Hmm. Let's see. BUY MORE GUITARS!! smile.gif Better?
QUOTE (Palacios @ Apr 3 2014, 08:12 PM) *
I love guitars, and in my mind I'm guitar poor. That might actually prompt me to save up for a bigger place. I don't think I'm anywhere near 200 items. My wife has that in the closet. It's a good idea to strive for less. I think people are actually happier with less stuff. When I wanna buy something; the first thing that goes through my mind is where will it go, and do i have room for it. smile.gif

+Quote Post
wrk
Apr 4 2014, 04:48 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
If the budget allows it, never too many guitars for me … but i experienced a few times that i feel happier in times when i don’t have money to spent on guitars. I can focus more to simply play and get the most out of it with what i have instead to spent hours to search for new gear smile.gif

QUOTE (Palacios @ Apr 2 2014, 04:01 PM) *
That's a good way to live. I know people who have so much stuff; they get buried alive in it. I read a book years ago called "The Power of Less". The author advocates for limiting yourself to 200 items; which is very hard. I think if I ever did limit myself to 200 items; at least 10 of them would be guitars. smile.gif smile.gif

200 items? Impossible !! smile.gif .. is this book compatible with family life?
For me it wouldn’t be a problem as i hate to have and care about too many things, but not for the rest of the family, especially the kids. I noticed when we do shopping for new toys or games, my wife evaluates the “educational value”, whereas i check how many items are in there as this the indicator for me how long i will need to clean the mess when the kids are done with it … they have at least 200 games with minimum 200 items each. Maybe not, but it feels like it .. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
klasaine
Apr 4 2014, 04:58 AM
I guess I could limit myself to 200 guitars ... seems reasonable cool.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 4 2014, 08:51 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (wrk @ Apr 4 2014, 03:48 AM) *
If the budget allows it, never too many guitars for me … but i experienced a few times that i feel happier in times when i don’t have money to spent on guitars. I can focus more to simply play and get the most out of it with what i have instead to spent hours to search for new gear smile.gif

200 items? Impossible !! smile.gif .. is this book compatible with family life?
For me it wouldn’t be a problem as i hate to have and care about too many things, but not for the rest of the family, especially the kids. I noticed when we do shopping for new toys or games, my wife evaluates the “educational value”, whereas i check how many items are in there as this the indicator for me how long i will need to clean the mess when the kids are done with it … they have at least 200 games with minimum 200 items each. Maybe not, but it feels like it .. laugh.gif

I think it's more about how you raise them smile.gif If they become spoiled and they want this and this and this and that all the time, you will have a lot to clean biggrin.gif Kidding man - I don't have kids, so I don't know how these things go smile.gif But I like minimalism and I would love to be able to raise a kid who's not gonna be a toy hoarder or something laugh.gif I think the most difficult part of this comes when they see what other kids have and they start asking - Hey, I want that too! I want it NOW laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Jeroen
Apr 4 2014, 09:14 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
You can only play 1 at the same time!

But I understand that different guitars have distinct different sounds. Nevertheless I like to keep my list short:

Gibson Les Paul
PRS SE Torero
Cort Earth 70 NS (acoustic)
Motion travel guitar (mostly played by my 9 year old daughter who is learning to play guitar)

Oh yeah and I have one air guitar wink.gif
And two plastic guitar hero guitars for my PS3. hahahahaa wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
wrk
Apr 4 2014, 09:36 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 4 2014, 09:51 AM) *
I think it's more about how you raise them smile.gif If they become spoiled and they want this and this and this and that all the time, you will have a lot to clean biggrin.gif Kidding man - I don't have kids, so I don't know how these things go smile.gif But I like minimalism and I would love to be able to raise a kid who's not gonna be a toy hoarder or something laugh.gif I think the most difficult part of this comes when they see what other kids have and they start asking - Hey, I want that too! I want it NOW laugh.gif

I’m completely with you … before the kids i have had so many convictions about “good” education and quality toys/games and what not. A constant fight to make myself heard, but it’s sometimes a nightmare when other family members arrive. They seem to have the “love = present overdose” approach laugh.gif … no, a bit exaggerated, but convictions are quickly compromised by the family smile.gif

.. i have to admit, i couldn’t resist to get my 4 years old daughter a Squier Hello Kitty guitar .. the original collectors item one in pink with Hello Kitty pick guard laugh.gif

One of Ben's Licks:

This post has been edited by wrk: Apr 4 2014, 09:40 AM

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 4 2014, 11:55 AM
Instructor
Ok...this is probably the one I would resist to have in my collection tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 4 2014, 01:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (wrk @ Apr 4 2014, 10:36 AM) *
I’m completely with you … before the kids i have had so many convictions about “good” education and quality toys/games and what not. A constant fight to make myself heard, but it’s sometimes a nightmare when other family members arrive. They seem to have the “love = present overdose” approach laugh.gif … no, a bit exaggerated, but convictions are quickly compromised by the family smile.gif

.. i have to admit, i couldn’t resist to get my 4 years old daughter a Squier Hello Kitty guitar .. the original collectors item one in pink with Hello Kitty pick guard laugh.gif

One of Ben's Licks:

I was about to make a topic on the 1st of April that I had bought one of those guitars. I completely forgot about it and now it's too late! mad.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 4 2014, 04:07 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (wrk @ Apr 4 2014, 09:36 AM) *
One of Ben's Licks:

Y'know, the inlay dots being pink is actually are really cool touch smile.gif
Its probably less cool that I thought that however.

btw this thread is making me depressed, I only have one guitar.... although its a les paul and I love it so I can't really complain......
but all the same, I'd like a few more cool.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 4 2014, 05:09 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Palacios @ Apr 2 2014, 04:01 PM) *
Very true. It reminds me of a friend who was asking this guitar instructor should he take private lessons, or buy a new guitar? The instructor told him, "Buy a new guitar. You'll be more inspired to practice, and play." smile.gif

I'm in two minds about this. I've bought new guitars in hope that they'd make me practice, but they never did. Maybe I just didn't get the right guitar!

I've been trying to tell myself that if I practice enough, like every day, for a year, I'll save up and buy myself a new guitar - but only if I practice properly!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Apr 4 2014, 05:24 PM
QUOTE (bleez @ Apr 4 2014, 04:07 PM) *
Y'know, the inlay dots being pink is actually are really cool touch smile.gif
Its probably less cool that I thought that however.

btw this thread is making me depressed, I only have one guitar.... although its a les paul and I love it so I can't really complain......
but all the same, I'd like a few more cool.gif

One good girl is worth a thousand bitches... laugh.gif Someone rapped that I think!

+Quote Post
gregc1
Apr 4 2014, 06:05 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Brother, everybody needs a strat and that one is a beauty. Write a song for your wife with it.

And always remember, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 4 2014, 06:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (gregc1 @ Apr 4 2014, 07:05 PM) *
And always remember, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission cool.gif

You could tell from a mile away that was said by a guitar player biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
wrk
Apr 5 2014, 05:00 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Apr 4 2014, 12:55 PM) *
Ok...this is probably the one I would resist to have in my collection tongue.gif

.. accept the girly side in you laugh.gif

Once i get my daughter into guitar playing, this one might open some opportunities for other guitars.

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 4 2014, 02:31 PM) *
I was about to make a topic on the 1st of April that I had bought one of those guitars. I completely forgot about it and now it's too late! mad.gif

Sorry Cael, but serious, don’t joke with hello kitty smile.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 5 2014, 11:58 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (wrk @ Apr 5 2014, 06:00 AM) *
.. accept the girly side in you laugh.gif

Once i get my daughter into guitar playing, this one might open some opportunities for other guitars.

Sorry Cael, but serious, don’t joke with hello kitty smile.gif

I'll save it for next year wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 5 2014, 01:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (wrk @ Apr 4 2014, 08:36 AM) *

One of Ben's Licks:

Of course.. as usual: 'Oh my GOD! How much you have grown!' Here's an expensive present to make your daddy look silly! laugh.gif '

Now, I admit that I like children a lot and I like working with them because of their enormous potential and openness to practicing and not thinking, oh why this, why that and so on. I have made a lot of plans regarding the way I will raise my kiddos and spoiling is not on the list smile.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Apr 5 2014, 03:02 PM
Learning Roadie
I've heard the Hello Kitty strat is actually surprisingly good, I've seen picks of grown men playing them live because they liked them so much (possibly after a pickup swap)

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:55 PM