> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Filip Barzut - Rock/blues Solo Eb Minor
FilipofCroatia
Jun 8 2009, 07:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello GMC

This is my first upload - i think its a great idea by the way! I cant wait to have your feedback and to incorporate it into my playing.

Original Lesson: Pedja Simovic - Rock/Blues Solo Eb Minor
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...lo-in-Eb-minor/

Equipment: Fender Strat Deluxe - Marshall MGFX250

Thanks for your time!

Filip

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Jun 12 2009, 07:27 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jun 8 2009, 07:21 PM
Instructor
Rhythm placement 4.8
Cleanness 5
Feel 5
Posture 5
Sound 4.5

Filip well done, excellent take !
This is your first REC recording and you choose my first lesson for it. I have to tell you that your video looks way better then mine did a year ago smile.gif So video quality is awesome ! Your playing was very good, almost perfect to some extent.
I will point you some areas to get this 100% and nail it all the way in future.

- Vibrato
Your vibrato was very shaky most of the times, try to slow down your movements or do vibrato in tempo (move your hands using some rhythm value, eight note for example). Remember to always keep the note 100% in pitch when doing vibrato as too much movement can make the pitch sharper !

- Pinched harmonic
There was very specific pinched harmonic I used in this solo. Watch slow videos and check out where I pick and how its produced. I am sure you can implement this nice technique in your practice session and work it into the solo !

- Rhythm placement
Your timing was very good and strong. Very last section with 16th note lines (repeated melodies) you dropped out a not at the end so thats why I graded you down because of that, other than that it was perfect !

- Sound
I recorded this solo with a lot and I mean a lot of distortion smile.gif It was called Trash Metal distortion if I remember it correctly. So , you can imagine how much gain there was (too much and then some more smile.gif. Your sound is very bluesy which is cool but lesson had different sound so I would have liked to hear your sound close to original.
Add more gain to your distortion settings and you will be fine !

- Bending
Bending was mostly 100% correct except at the very beginning. Again this is very little detail , half step bend. The way you executed it hardly sounded like bend but rather as vibrato smile.gif I think your bending technique is fine , no worries there just for very intro of the solo pay attention to half step bend.

Final things to say...
You did very well and I am very proud of your first REC recording. Things I mentioned were small details that make it sound absolutely perfect from my perspective and the way I played the lesson. You definitely captured the feel of the lesson and did great job with it.
I hope to see more recordings from you here on REC program.

Keep up the good work Filip and thanks for doing my lesson smile.gif

Pedja

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 8 2009, 09:19 PM
Instructor
Rhythm placement 4.5
Cleanness 4.5
Feel 4.7
Posture 4.7
Sound 4.2

Great take man! smile.gif

I believe that there are just couple of mistakes in there, one missed note and couple of shaky bends, but all in all excellent job. Well done Filip smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 10 2009, 04:55 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
bump

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
Jun 10 2009, 08:55 PM
Instructor
Rhythm placement 4.5
Cleanness 4.8
Feel 4.5
Posture 4.9
Sound 4.5

Some work to do on your left hand vibrato and bending (some notes are out of tune) but it's a good job!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 11 2009, 07:01 PM
Instructor
Rhythm placement 4.7
Cleanness 4.7
Feel 4
Posture 4.5
Sound 4

Nice playing!! Work a bit more the vibrato and bending. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 12 2009, 12:06 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Great job man! 92.3% (pass)

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:35 AM