> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Rockyrhoad's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 20 2019, 02:23 PM
Instructor
Hi Rockyrhoads! Welcome to your thread for Gab's Army, my mentoring program. Here I will guide you with your guitar practice, creating routines, practice plans, giving feedback of your playing always based on your guitar goals and musical tastes.

Before we start I would like to know a bit more about you.

- How many time have you been playing guitar?
- Favourite guitarists, bands and musicians.
- What are your guitar goals?
- How would you like to you see yourself in 5 years (related to music and guitar)?
- How many time can you play guitar each day?
- Do you have playing live experience?
- Which are your strong and weak points with guitar?
- What do you know about music theory?
- Can you record videos of you playing?
- Share here audios and videos that reflect your current playing.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rockyrhoads
Nov 22 2019, 12:58 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 20 2019, 01:23 PM) *
Hi Rockyrhoads! Welcome to your thread for Gab's Army, my mentoring program. Here I will guide you with your guitar practice, creating routines, practice plans, giving feedback of your playing always based on your guitar goals and musical tastes.

Before we start I would like to know a bit more about you.

- How many time have you been playing guitar?
- Favourite guitarists, bands and musicians.
- What are your guitar goals?
- How would you like to you see yourself in 5 years (related to music and guitar)?
- How many time can you play guitar each day?
- Do you have playing live experience?
- Which are your strong and weak points with guitar?
- What do you know about music theory?
- Can you record videos of you playing?
- Share here audios and videos that reflect your current playing.

Thanks for having me Gab!

1) I played guitar continuously from 1982- 1992 (yeah I am old tongue.gif ) and had to move on to other things when the arrival of grunge ruined my music prospects playing the music I love. It was then very hard to find the time to get back into it. I did some part time teaching over the years and have spent a lot of time getting my music theory up to scratch but , aside from the last few weeks , I really haven't played in 25 years.

2) I like technically strong players who play tastefully, but don't mind shred in context.

Super Famous : EVH , Randy Rhoads, Gary Moore, Malmsteen, Satriani , Vai , Vinnie Moore , Schenker, Schon , Lukather , Sambora(early), Gilmour

A Little Less Famous : Jake E Lee , Dann Huff, John Sykes, Tristan Avakian, John Petrucci, Criss Oliva, Chris Degarmo , Nuno Bettencourt, Pete Lesperance , John Norum , George Lynch , Mike Slamer , Marc Diglio , Pat Simmons , Kiko Loureiro , Jeff Waters , Marty Friedman , Doug Aldrich , Akira Takasaki , Steve Harris (Shy), Dan Wexler , Jim Matheos , Zakk Wylde (with Ozzy) , Harry Cody , George Marinos

My name is Rocky and I am a musicaholic smile.gif

3) Goals : to get back my hand strength/chops and work on phrasing/improv (ie using the theory knowledge to produce tasty sounds........moving well across the fretboard without getting stuck in patterns etc..)

4) Within 5 years I want to be a very good player and teaching.

5) I can practice for 1-2 hrs per day

6) many years ago I played live in a covers band but these days likely to be limited to jam trax. It would be hard to put together a band where I live and find time to rehearse , but you never know I guess.

7) strong point is general knowledge/theory (although I still have a lot to learn) - weakness is lack of recent playing and losing strength and ability to improvise well. Amongst other things I need to work on triads/arpeggios.

8) I understand theory quite well and can talk pretty fluently in terms of CAGED/modes/3nps etc......I would say my theory knowledge is intermedate rather than advanced. Still plenty to learn.

9) I can record video but need to work on sound. I actually have a Yamaha THX amp that works as an interface and also have a Scarlett Focusrite + mic etc.....but have no idea how to record using this stuff lol. Never got around to figuring it out .

Will need to work on the video side of things.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by rockyrhoads: Nov 22 2019, 03:58 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 22 2019, 11:20 PM
Instructor
Hi mate!! Thanks for your info!!

That's a cool list of guitarists. I like most of them (maybe all of them!). I think that you could start with any lesson from Ben Higgins archive and record if to let me check your current level. What do you think?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Ben-Higgins/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
rockyrhoads
Nov 24 2019, 03:07 PM
I will do my best - just need to find some time to test out the recording side of things. I will find a way to get something that at least shows you about where I am at.

How long it takes will depend whether I send my guitar in for some work. THe intonation on the top string is totally off - open strings sound fine but when I fret it bad things happen lol.

I will be back asap ...........perhaps a little out of tune smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 25 2019, 02:36 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! thanks for your update!

If your strings aren’t old, you can try by adjusting pitch by yourself. Calibrating only one string can be easy, there are lots of tutorials on youtube.

Looking forward your stuff!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
rockyrhoads
Dec 17 2019, 04:47 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 26 2019, 12:36 AM) *
Hi mate! thanks for your update!

If your strings aren’t old, you can try by adjusting pitch by yourself. Calibrating only one string can be easy, there are lots of tutorials on youtube.

Looking forward your stuff!

Hi Gab - finally got there. The guy who set up my guitar said it was actually the strings themselves rather than the intonation - it was out by a whole fret and he said he had never seen anything like it.

Anyway............I have recorded a mixed bag of random stuff for you so as you can see how my hands move. I am improving every day (and have improved quite a bit since this was shot) but it should give you an idea. My main issue seems to be my left hand not keeping pace with my right but I guess that's to be expected after a break of many,many years smile.gif

Look forward to working with you.

Rocky

This post has been edited by rockyrhoads: Dec 17 2019, 05:07 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 17 2019, 06:15 PM
Instructor
Hi mate!! Thanks a lot for your video! This really helps me to know where you are now, and it will also let me monitor your progress.

Based on your current playing and your goals, this is what I suggest for the first week.

Warming up: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Arpeggios/

Alternate picking: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...picking-thirds/

Legato: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Land-Of-Legato/

Phrasing: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Kenny-...pherd-Phrasing/

Improvisation: Practice improvising over Kenny Wayne Shepherd backing track. Using some licks from the lesson, making variations and combining them with licks of your own. Also, join our collab: LINK. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Dec 17 2019, 06:15 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
rockyrhoads
Dec 19 2019, 04:09 PM
Thanks Gab.

I made a start on the warm ups and thought I was killing it (playing "melodic arpeggios") and then realised that I was supposed to be fretting the chords. Yikes smile.gif Lucklily I have big hands but even so - will need stretching routine before this one.

This post has been edited by rockyrhoads: Dec 19 2019, 04:10 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 21 2019, 03:08 PM
Instructor
I recommend this routine for stretches before a guitar session:

https://youtu.be/1XsLRQFV7rY

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:18 PM