Ez Mix 2 (also A Guitar Modeler)
Todd Simpson
Apr 27 2013, 12:22 AM
GMC:er
I just got a full version of EZ MIX 2 from Toontrack and I'm impressed I must say. I thought it was just sorta like OZONE "lite" but it's actually a guitar modeller as well. Sorta like the love child of OZONE and OVERLOUD in one package smile.gif The controls are pretty darn simple and it's really easy to use and the stock presets are not bat at all which is quite rare.

For the home recordist looking to quickly and affordably upgrade the sound of a mix, and their recorded tone this is quite handy. But remember.

1.)It's not a Magic Bullet.
2.)It won't make you play better.
3.)It won't help you track or mix better.
4.)It won't replace a mastering engineer.

What it will do is give you a head start on being able get decent tone recorded in to a computer by plugging straight in to your interface and add some life to your mix when applied to the master bus. I"ll be making some demos but there are already wads on youtube.

I saw a vid with Misha from Periphery and Matias Eklund from Freak kitchen using it as a modeller and it sounded darn good so I thought I'd try it smile.gif I love modellers since they behave well when tracking 7 and 8 string guitars, but some folks hate them. But if you are a plugin type of sort, give the demo a shot and let me know if you think it's spiff too. You can get it on the toontrack site which is what I did before buying.

smile.gif

Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 28 2013, 07:02 AM
Instructor
Thanks for sharing man smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 28 2013, 09:16 PM
Instructor
Interesting! I haven't tried the demo yet, but I'm anxious to hear your samples! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Apr 29 2013, 06:50 AM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 27 2013, 03:22 AM) *
I just got a full version of EZ MIX 2 from Toontrack and I'm impressed I must say.

I have been using this app for long time and in my songs & mixes cool.gif

Very good. I wonder if they're making Ezmix3 ? Next I would like to have that Ozone but it's too pricey. Yay !

This post has been edited by WeePee: Apr 29 2013, 06:53 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 29 2013, 07:21 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (WeePee @ Apr 29 2013, 05:50 AM) *
I have been using this app for long time and in my songs & mixes cool.gif

Very good. I wonder if they're making Ezmix3 ? Next I would like to have that Ozone but it's too pricey. Yay !

Ah, great occasion smile.gif Can you place another take of the Firewind lesson in your thread, where you haven't used the EZmix? I am curious to hear differences between a take that has it and one that doesn't.

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Apr 29 2013, 06:36 PM
Tone Seeker
Yo Todd ! Check this out !!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=48714

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 3 2013, 09:01 PM
I'm curious too!!! Post that link again? PM Me?

Todd

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 29 2013, 02:21 AM) *
Ah, great occasion smile.gif Can you place another take of the Firewind lesson in your thread, where you haven't used the EZmix? I am curious to hear differences between a take that has it and one that doesn't.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 4 2013, 09:16 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 3 2013, 08:01 PM) *
I'm curious too!!! Post that link again? PM Me?

Todd

Hey Todd, here it is: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=642314

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 7 2013, 01:47 AM
That looks like the thread about the free ez drummer lite right? I was asking about your link to the mix you did?

QUOTE (WeePee @ Apr 29 2013, 01:36 PM) *

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
May 7 2013, 06:50 AM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 7 2013, 04:47 AM) *
That looks like the thread about the free ez drummer lite right? I was asking about your link to the mix you did?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&id=31693

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 12 2013, 01:04 AM
Gotcha smile.gif I like your tone there! Is that done with EZ mix for the distortion if not what are you using? I can tell when the ez mix preset cuts in and it does make it sharper but almost too sharp IMHO. I twould probably cut through a mix well, but there is so much audio information in the upper and upper mid, that it might start getting thick in that region and start causing frequency cancellation issues.

One thing I did notice about ez mix is that while it's GREAT for quick and dirty, it doesn't want to let you tweak it as much as I'd like. It's really not meant for that like amplitude or something Ozone. But it's not meant to be either. Thus why it's called EZ because it's very spiff and simple. I've been using it as a temp gloss on mixes that are in progress. Works wonders with really minimal work!!

Todd

QUOTE (WeePee @ May 7 2013, 01:50 AM) *

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:02 AM