Acoustica Mixcraft
chaostar
Apr 1 2010, 09:12 PM
GMC:er
Hey GMC! I just downloaded the trial version of Acoustica Mixcraft 5. I was wondering if anyone who has used this before knows how to arm a virtual midi instrument and use the keyboard to record it. I know you can use the keyboard because I have already tried. But I do not know how to record it. Please help

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Electric
Fender Stratocaster self scalloped and personalized
Ibanez SA currently scalloping
Gibson Les Paul 1981 Original
Gibson Les Paul 1989

Acoustic
Fender Del Mar

Amps and Electronics
Line Six Spider III 15w
Soldano 100w Cabinet
Vox Head
Vox Multi-effect

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OzRob
Apr 6 2010, 06:34 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (chaostar @ Apr 2 2010, 06:12 AM) *
Hey GMC! I just downloaded the trial version of Acoustica Mixcraft 5. I was wondering if anyone who has used this before knows how to arm a virtual midi instrument and use the keyboard to record it. I know you can use the keyboard because I have already tried. But I do not know how to record it. Please help

Hi, I only found your post. I have used Mixcraft 4.5 for some time and recently upgraded to 5.

All you need to do is select "Arm" on the virtual instrument track you want to record with. A little drop down arrow directly to the right of the "Arm" button will give you a menu of all the channels and devices that are available to be used as inputs. The little keyboard icon directly to the left of the mute button on the track will open a menu of all available software instruments/sounds.

If you only have audio tracks available then rightclick a track, select "Insert new track -> Virtual Instrument Track" and you now have a MIDI track ready to use. Just arm it.

When you're ready to go, just press the red record button.

Obviously you need to ensure your input device is already connected and turned on, and a driver installed if necessary. But I've had no trouble recording with my USB keyboard.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by OzRob: Apr 6 2010, 09:16 AM

--------------------
------------------------
My website (Flash) My other website (non-Flash)
------------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 01:12 PM