How To Name This Scale, Matt (The professor) I need You help
Darius Wave
Sep 25 2013, 11:37 AM
Instructor
Lets say there is a part in the song that has a dominant chord B major but I use a pattern that's built of

B A# B C# D# E F# G A(without #) B ? How would You name that scale according to B as a root note? I might miss something...it's like close to the F# locrian but 5th step doesn't fit... Alos I include both A and A# a bit like in the beebop scale...Any ideas ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
The Professor
Sep 25 2013, 04:11 PM
Theory Instructor
Cool. Yeah a lot of the time those notes that don't make sense in a scale can make sense when looked at as ornaments. So I usually start there if I see a note that doesn't fit the scale I'm on, and try to figure out if it's part of a neighbor tone, passing tone, or other ornament. Then dig into the rest of the scale notes from there.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ask me anything on the theory board. Follow my theory course. Check out my personal site
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:57 PM