Lesson Planner Tweaked, updated algorithm and new categories
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 25 2009, 06:23 PM
GMC Founder
We have had the lesson planner on the frontpage for quite a while - and those of you who have tried it know the suggestions can best be described as a "starting point".

Recently we have tweaked it a little - so hopefully it should suggest lessons which suit your taste a little more than before. Also we have added some new categories (Pop Rock and Jazz Fusion).

Of course it's still a machine that's giving you the suggestions - and machines don't get smarter than the people who tweak them...so let's hope you notice a difference! ph34r.gif (If you don't like machines - you can of course always ask people in the forum for lesson suggestions! )

Check it out and see if it works for you! smile.gif

edit - we have now renamed it to "suggestions", to save the term "lesson plan" for new stuff which will come!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Kristofer Dahl: Feb 25 2009, 08:05 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 25 2009, 06:33 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Cool addition!! smile.gif I tried it and it gave good suggestions! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Feb 25 2009, 06:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Feb 25 2009, 06:23 PM) *
We have had the lesson planner on the frontpage for quite a while - and those of you who have tried it know the suggestions can best be described as a "starting point".

Recently we have tweaked it a little - so hopefully it should suggest lessons which suit your taste a little more than before. Also we have added some new categories (Pop Rock and Jazz Fusion).

Of course it's still a machine that's giving you the suggestions - and machines don't get smarter than the people who tweak them...so let's hope you notice a difference! ph34r.gif (If you don't like machines - you can of course always ask people in the forum for lesson suggestions! )

Check it out and see if it works for you! smile.gif

Yep worked fine

It selects:
for beginner level 1-3
for intermediate 4-5
for advance 6-9

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

Effects
Korg Pandora PX5D, Line 6 Pod XT Live

Recording
Guitar Rig 5, Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, Magix MusicMaker2008

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Feb 26 2009, 03:09 PM
Instructor
Great job as always Kris!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Alen
Feb 26 2009, 05:32 PM
GMC:er
Now, that's something I missed until now.
Great!

--------------------
I remember now!

+Quote Post
Tomas Santa Clar...
Feb 26 2009, 08:31 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
nice!

thanks kris! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
berko
Feb 26 2009, 09:01 PM
GMC:er
"Rock fusion" and the new styles are cool adds in the list! smile.gif

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 27 2009, 02:14 AM
Instructor
Great tool for picking some lessons from the immense archive, I use it often for lesson recommendations. Really cool to see that this feature is developing. Should make things easier when determining new lessons for practice.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 27 2009, 02:42 AM
Instructor
I like this feature a lot ! Did some search in Jazz Fusion and found my fusion collaboration solo in there - thank you smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Feb 27 2009, 12:35 PM
Jazz Instructor
Great idea, I will check it soon, especially jazz fusion category!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:19 PM