Widescreen Videos
coffeeman
Dec 4 2008, 05:36 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi guys,

now that youtube allows widescreen videos I would like to ask you how to make them. I use a cannon powershot photo camera to shoot my videos and I use sony vegas to edit them.

Thanks.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Siggum
Dec 4 2008, 05:42 PM
GMC:er
I think if you upload videos in high defination, or widescreen it will automatically detect that and make ur video widescreen, i havent tried though but thats my 50 cent smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 4 2008, 06:52 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
To record a widescreen video you need to set your camera to record in 16:9 mode and also choose PAL Widescreen (or HD or any format you used to record it) in Vegas..16:9 is widescreen and 4:3 is regular...

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Dec 4 2008, 06:52 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 4 2008, 07:02 PM
Instructor
Coffeemate, if your camera doesn't have the widescreen recording option you can use Vegas croping tool to adjust to 16:9 format. But make sure you are in the shot cause you will cut off a bit from the video from up and down. Also the video will be a bit pixelated because of the zoom.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Dec 5 2008, 03:25 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Dec 4 2008, 12:52 PM) *
To record a widescreen video you need to set your camera to record in 16:9 mode and also choose PAL Widescreen (or HD or any format you used to record it) in Vegas..16:9 is widescreen and 4:3 is regular...

Thanks Bogdan , my camera doesn't record in widescren so I have to edit it on vegas.
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Dec 4 2008, 01:02 PM) *
Coffeemate, if your camera doesn't have the widescreen recording option you can use Vegas croping tool to adjust to 16:9 format. But make sure you are in the shot cause you will cut off a bit from the video from up and down. Also the video will be a bit pixelated because of the zoom.

Thanks Ivan , I'll try that and I'll let you know as soon as I have my first project.

Thank you guys.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 5 2008, 04:36 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Dec 5 2008, 03:25 PM) *
Thanks Bogdan , my camera doesn't record in widescren so I have to edit it on vegas.

Thanks Ivan , I'll try that and I'll let you know as soon as I have my first project.

Thank you guys.

Oh than you will need to use Ivan's way..Just keep in mind that you will loose some image quality when you zoom in the videos..

But for youtube etc it will look cool anyway smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:05 PM