Reaper Audio Prob
tonyk
Oct 27 2012, 06:25 AM
GMC:er
Hi. Have followed Ivans instructions on Rec video and downloaded trial version of Reaper and Amplitude3 free. I have added a backing track from GMC and am using M-audio fast track into Macbook. I can see backing track but there is no audio when It plays.I can see the input from my guitar but again, no audio. Nothing is muted(I think). I have audio when I play itunes or listen on internet. Any thoughts. Thanks

Ok. If I choose built-in audio I can hear backing track but no recognition of guitar input

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by tonyk: Oct 27 2012, 06:24 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 27 2012, 07:45 AM
Have you checked your Reaper settings? If you are using External Audio Interface (fastrack) you actually have to tell reaper you are using it. by default it will try to use the internal sound card. So pop up the preferences menu smile.gif Its a simple thing that experienced users may forget to even mention. But until you do it at least once, it's all new.

Todd

QUOTE (tonyk @ Oct 27 2012, 01:25 AM) *
Hi. Have followed Ivans instructions on Rec video and downloaded trial version of Reaper and Amplitude3 free. I have added a backing track from GMC and am using M-audio fast track into Macbook. I can see backing track but there is no audio when It plays.I can see the input from my guitar but again, no audio. Nothing is muted(I think). I have audio when I play itunes or listen on internet. Any thoughts. Thanks

Ok. If I choose built-in audio I can hear backing track but no recognition of guitar input

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
tonyk
Oct 27 2012, 08:19 AM
Thanks. I can now hear backing track either through macbook or m-audio (with headphones) but still no audio from guitar even though I can see input with m-audio selected in preferences.Maybe problem is with amplitude. There is no input on amplitude3.I am registered and have entered product key

This post has been edited by tonyk: Oct 27 2012, 08:48 AM

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 27 2012, 10:11 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
When you select M-Audio fast track as your recording interface in Reaper - you need yo plug in your speakers directly into the M-Audio fast track audio card (or headphones) to be able to hear the output from it.

I don't have Reaper but it is very similar with all recording software :

To hear audio of the track where amplitube is added as insert, there should be a small "speaker icon" to click on the track that is used to enable monitoring. What it does - it allows you to hear the processed signal going through that audio track.
When you finish recording, you do need to disable that "speaker icon/monitoring" so that you can hear the recorded audio played back. Basically, when you set the track, add amplitube - you need to enable monitoring on the track itself in order to hear your guitar playing on it.

Hope this helps smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
tonyk
Oct 27 2012, 10:27 AM
Thanks.will try and let you know how goes

+Quote Post
quadrium
Oct 27 2012, 11:58 AM
Learning Tone Master
Hey man,

Did you choose the right mono input for the recording? In M-Audio Fast Track Usb you need to choose to right mono input for recording. Since the default setting is left(in our case microphone), unless you change it you can't record your guitar.

This post has been edited by quadrium: Oct 27 2012, 11:58 AM

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
geoboi
Oct 27 2012, 12:11 PM
QUOTE (tonyk @ Oct 26 2012, 10:25 PM) *

Hey tonyk;
Have you clicked the "Record Monitoring" button it's easy to miss in the vid

If you look Ivans vid at approximately 3:49 he shows it right in between enabling the FX button and the Record button that arms the Track Control and he says "You can hear the guitar going through...". The button should be right below the FX button depending on how big your Track Control Panel is (TCP).

If you don't see the button, your TCP may be to short. I assume Mac does this, place your mouse pointer over the vertical bar separating the TCP and the Arrange Area so you get the double arrow cursor and re-size the TCP, make it bigger. You'll notice as you drag the vertical bar right or left the smaller the TCP gets you start to lose control features, at least that's how it is on a PC platform.

Hope this helps

This post has been edited by geoboi: Oct 27 2012, 12:16 PM

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Oct 27 2012, 01:13 PM
QUOTE (quadrium @ Oct 27 2012, 10:58 AM) *
Hey man,

Did you choose the right mono input for the recording? In M-Audio Fast Track Usb you need to choose to right mono input for recording. Since the default setting is left(in our case microphone), unless you change it you can't record your guitar.

This is the problem I had when I started recording with the same set up. The right channel will be input 2 in your track.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Oct 27 2012, 03:33 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
You can use amplitude over garageband too!

New Project - real instrument - use stereo 1/2 or mono what ever you need - Monitor on -

Sorry my english ! i just translated the german word`s in english hope its right wink.gif

! button process -- and there choose your software in this case amplitude -

if you wanna make some settings on amplitude just click on the symbol and it will appear

i use zoom g3 as interface --input--and via usb teufel concept speakersystem with external sound card -- output on mac settings works great !

This post has been edited by Dieterle: Oct 27 2012, 03:35 PM

+Quote Post
tonyk
Oct 27 2012, 07:01 PM
Thanks for all the advice.Will try later today.Am confused why not getting input level on amplitude but am on Reaper

+Quote Post
tonyk
Oct 28 2012, 07:23 AM
Thanks for all the advice.My error was in not pressing 'speaker' icon. As soon as I work out how to export song, Im on my way. Thanks again

+Quote Post
geoboi
Oct 28 2012, 08:31 AM
QUOTE (tonyk @ Oct 27 2012, 11:23 PM) *
Thanks for all the advice.My error was in not pressing 'speaker' icon. As soon as I work out how to export song, Im on my way. Thanks again

Hey tonyk
If you mean how to export as being, to finish you file as a mp3 or wav or what ever, you do so by "Rendering". You will find that control on the file menu (as called in PC talk) as in, "File>Render", or Ctrl+Alt+R. This will bring forth the "Render to File" window. in the second section called "Output" choose your file destination (folder) and name your file, then below in "Output Format", choose what ever file type you want, then click "Render" at the bottom. Presto, you are now ready to import (export from Reaper) your finished sound file to the application that will combine it with your vid.

Hope this helps smile.gif

+Quote Post
tonyk
Oct 28 2012, 09:43 AM
Great.much thanks

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 30 2012, 08:18 PM
Bingo! Garage band is very easy to use IMHO.

Todd

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Oct 27 2012, 10:33 AM) *
You can use amplitude over garageband too!

New Project - real instrument - use stereo 1/2 or mono what ever you need - Monitor on -

Sorry my english ! i just translated the german word`s in english hope its right wink.gif

! button process -- and there choose your software in this case amplitude -

if you wanna make some settings on amplitude just click on the symbol and it will appear

i use zoom g3 as interface --input--and via usb teufel concept speakersystem with external sound card -- output on mac settings works great !

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 30 2012, 08:18 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:41 PM