3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
The Happy Thread
kaznie_NL
Mar 3 2008, 03:53 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
When I first came to GMC everyone seemed to be happy. But now the last week a lot of depressed people seem to come to the forum with their story, the good side is that these people see this forum as a good place and as a trusty place. The bad thing is that we miss the positive stuff!

So I thought let's start a positive thread, all I'd like to see here are nice stories, maybe about guitar, about how well you're making progres or how your last gig was. Only sad stories with a very good ending, like OrganisedConfusion's who seemed to get over it! That might just cheer GMC up again!!

Post them all here!

Kaz

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by kaznie_NL: Mar 3 2008, 04:48 PM

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Mar 3 2008, 04:00 PM
Instructor
Very good initiative Kaz biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 3 2008, 04:00 PM
GMC:er
I'm ok kaznie but thanks for asking. Some good points are that tonight I'm going to record some guitar parts for our album for our new song which I'm looking forward to. Since my depressed period I have founf out I can get my precious guitar fixed, bought a new acoustic guitar that I really wanted for a trip to the country this summer and in doing so I found a great company which saves me about 40% on every future guitar purchase so I'm a happy bunny at the minute lol. I posted on here about my depression because I thought it could help me out and it did. I know everyone is decent on here. Yes there has been a lot of miserable people lately but it's could to get it out there and admitting something is up is the start of getting better smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 3 2008, 04:09 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Hi Kaz, we have a Happy Thread already biggrin.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=9565

Nothing wrong with reviving it tho smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Mar 3 2008, 04:12 PM
Well, I could start by posting how happy I am. Or well, I'm so excited I'm about to die, but it feels like I'll survive, so. Anyways, the best weekend this year is this weekend, because of this.

Just 5 days to come untill a festival with 3 of my absolute favourite bands and lots of other bands that I still really like. And, Mikael hinted that Katatonia will be playing some songs from Brave Murder Day aswell, and one can only guess that he might be on vocals then. That would be so awesome, and I'm so excited.

So at least I'm incredibly happy happy.gif happy.gif happy.gif happy.gif happy.gif happy.gif happy.gif happy.gif happy.gif happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Robin
Mar 3 2008, 04:19 PM
I'M SEEING BJØRN BERGE VERY SOON!!!!! 14th March!!!!

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuper exited and happy!!! hope i will be able to meet him.

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Mar 3 2008, 04:30 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Smells @ Mar 3 2008, 04:09 PM) *
Hi Kaz, we have a Happy Thread already biggrin.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=9565

Nothing wrong with reviving it tho smile.gif

darn, I thought I had the copyright stuff... tongue.gif

I'm something to be happy about aswell. Tomorrow I'm gonna buy a new hockey stick (fieldhockey) and within to weeks I'm off to London with my school!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 3 2008, 04:31 PM
Cool. What you up to in London?

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 3 2008, 04:34 PM
Instructor
Nice thinking Kaznie smile.gif

Here are some jokes that I've transalted form another site: Hope to make you laugh laugh.gif

Music Jokes:

- What is the name of the guy who hangs out with the musicians?
- Drummer

- How many drummers does it take to change a lightbulb?
- 4; one goes up on the chair, unscrews the bulb, replace it with new one, while the three others stand aside and discuss was the music batter in "good old days"

- What do you throw in a water to a drowning guitarist?
- His amp

- Why are these little joke questions so short?
- SO the rest of the band could understand them

- What's the difference between a bass player and a rhino?
- One creature is useless, fat, and make deep farthing noises, and the other one is a rhino.

- How do you manage to make guitarist's eyes shine
- Light his ears with a flashlight

- What's the difference between a violine and viola?
- Who cares - none of them is guitar!

- What do you say to a guitar player wearing a suit and a tie?
- Let the defendant rise...

- How do we know that a stage is properly placed and perfectly horisontal?
- Guitar player is drulling eqaully on both sides of his mouth.

- How do we know that a bass player in the band is passed away?
- Full bottle of scotch is intact, and there is a bunch of comics behind the amp

- What is the definition of an optimist?
- A bass player that pays a credit on his apartment

- Why did they invent the amps?
- SO the guitar and bass players have something to hold their bottles and cans of beer on.

Here's 2 real jokes...

A kid start to learn to play a bass guitar with private teacher. After first class, he came home and his dad asked him how was it, he said:" It was great dad, I learned to play on the E string!". On the second they, the kid held up a littel longer at the profesors and when he came back dad asked him how was it? "It was great dad, I learnd to play on the A string today!" On the third day, the kid went to the class, and didn't come back at all.. His dad started to worry, it was past 11 and the kdi was not there! Finally the kid arives all messy, dirty and smelling on tobacco and alcohol and said:" Sorry I held up dad, I just had my first gig today!"

A manager just before a concert saw a bass player and a guitar player behind the stage beating the crap out of each other. He went there and quickly separate them:"what the big deal, your having a gig, why are you fighting?" and the bass player says:" He purposely detuned one of my strings on the bas guitar?";"So? What's the problem there? asks the manager... "The *on of a *itch want tell me what string he detuned!"

This post has been edited by Milenkovic Ivan: Mar 3 2008, 04:36 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Mar 3 2008, 04:51 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
OC: I'm going to the war museum ( I believe..) and I'm going to the big shopping house, haiders (or something like that) and some more streets. We'll also go to the pub and we'll do a Jack the Ripper walk in the town. We'll also visit Greenwich. Thursday I'll get more details.

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 3 2008, 04:56 PM
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Mar 3 2008, 03:51 PM) *
OC: I'm going to the war museum ( I believe..) and I'm going to the big shopping house, haiders (or something like that) and some more streets. We'll also go to the pub and we'll do a Jack the Ripper walk in the town. We'll also visit Greenwich. Thursday I'll get more details.

Cool. That's awesome. A lot of my family are from London so when I was younger I used to visit a lot. Have fun anyway when you're there biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 3 2008, 04:59 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Mar 3 2008, 03:51 PM) *
and I'm going to the big shopping house, haiders (or something like that) We'll also visit Greenwich. Thursday I'll get more details.

Do you mean Harrods Kaz? and I`m guessing the Imperial War Museum smile.gif should be a good trip that smile.gif

This post has been edited by Smells: Mar 3 2008, 05:02 PM

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Mar 3 2008, 09:55 PM
QUOTE (Robin @ Mar 3 2008, 04:19 PM) *
I'M SEEING BJØRN BERGE VERY SOON!!!!! 14th March!!!!

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuper exited and happy!!! hope i will be able to meet him.

I'm happy for you!!! and because I envy you!!! biggrin.gif

I'm happy because my new amp is delayed so I don't have to pay for it right now which is a good thing because I just paid for my new pickups and a DF-7 biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
*always look on the bright side of life hm-hm, hm-hm, hm-hm-hm-hm-hm-hmm*

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Mar 4 2008, 08:23 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Mar 3 2008, 04:34 PM) *
A manager just before a concert saw a bass player and a guitar player behind the stage beating the crap out of each other. He went there and quickly separate them:"what the big deal, your having a gig, why are you fighting?" and the bass player says:" He purposely detuned one of my strings on the bas guitar?";"So? What's the problem there? asks the manager... "The *on of a *itch want tell me what string he detuned!"

Hehe... never heard that one before!! So funny! laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Mar 4 2008, 08:34 AM

This post has been edited by botoxfox: Apr 23 2011, 11:39 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jamesito
Mar 5 2008, 06:41 PM
hahaha I am happy today because my new EMG H3 pickups finally arrived, I have just finished installing them and now i just need to re string the guitar!!!!! biggrin.gif

Jamesito biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Mar 7 2008, 11:52 PM
I'm gonna see Opeth "today"! Oh my god, I'm so excited. And they are going to play a song from Watershed aswell. (I know I wrote about it before, but I'm ever happier now happy.gif )

--------------------

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Mar 8 2008, 12:21 AM
^lucky, I hope they come around here sometime.

I just got Speed Metal Symphony by Cacophony and Kissing the Dragon by Marty Fiedman. Couldn't be happier with them smile.gif I'm already learning Dragon Mistress.

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
Mar 9 2008, 03:31 PM
I stated before in the complaint thread, I got a little too drunk and lost my leather jacket the other night...
But now I just got it back and I'm so happy! It's the greatest jacket I've ever had and I love it wub.gif

--------------------
Anyone can learn to play fast, like anyone can learn to type quickly. But not everyone can write a book.
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Jason Becker (ex-Cacophony, ex-David Lee Roth, Solo)
Marty Friedman (ex-Cacophony, ex-Megadeth, Solo)
Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen....Duh!)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Mar 10 2008, 04:03 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
update:

Smells: In london I'm going to the science museum, do the Jack the Ripper walk, see we will rock you, go to greenwich, harrods, regent streett.......etc! lolz it's gonna be tiring tongue.gif our boat back is at 2 in the night wink.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 12:15 AM