I Forgot How Good This Song Was
Phil66
May 21 2020, 08:57 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
After watching the second video in Huargo's thread HERE, I had to dig this song out again, one of the finest songs ever written, and that sax, oh that sax, the guitar solo ain't bad either. Enjoy cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif

And here's some info about the track.
https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/a...xophone/421008/

https://youtu.be/x-Yi762sQTo

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 22 2020, 02:24 AM
GMC:er
It's a classic to be sure. I've always enjoyed this song, forgot about it for a long while, thanks for the reminder!

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 21 2020, 03:57 PM) *
After watching the second video in Huargo's thread HERE, I had to dig this song out again, one of the finest songs ever written, and that sax, oh that sax, the guitar solo ain't bad either. Enjoy cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif

And here's some info about the track.
https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/a...xophone/421008/

https://youtu.be/x-Yi762sQTo

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 22 2020, 01:51 PM
Instructor
I don't think that I've heard this one before. That solo section at 05:00 (then repeated) reminds me to any Slash or Zakk Wylde solo. Can you hear it? biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
klasaine
May 22 2020, 03:44 PM
Raphael Ravenscroft - Alto Sax
Hugh Burns - Lead Guitar

1977 from the album "City to City".

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 22 2020, 05:33 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 22 2020, 01:51 PM) *
I don't think that I've heard this one before. That solo section at 05:00 (then repeated) reminds me to any Slash or Zakk Wylde solo. Can you hear it? biggrin.gif

I hadn't noticed that Gab but now you've pointed it out I can recognise it. Do you like the song?

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Huargo
May 22 2020, 07:18 PM
Tone Seeker
Super song!!!
In the 80's in spain a tabaco brand use for his spots

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 22 2020, 07:50 PM
He also wrote this when he was in Stealers Wheels

https://youtu.be/OMAIsqvTh7g

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 22 2020, 08:20 PM

Thanks for the share!! Never heard that before. It's always cool to find rare bits from other countries that never get heard in the states.

Todd
[quote name='Huargo' date='May 22 2020, 02:18 PM' post='777704']
Super song!!!
In the 80's in spain a tabaco brand use for his spots

Another classic. You gotta hand it to the guy. Not easy to make one hit song, much less several.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:15 PM