5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Not Doing So Well :(
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 13 2009, 10:37 AM
GMC:er
I already has consumed me unfortunately. I'm a wreck and everybody who knows me can see how I've changed. I used to make everybody laugh hysterically and now I am just not funny at all. When you're so down you don't feel like being humourous.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 13 2009, 10:42 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (mjsteps @ Feb 13 2009, 09:52 AM) *
Really, I can not say it again but I will. Depression ruined my life for several years and nearly cost me my life. Look I thought it would just go away or that I could just "pull up the boot straps and move on". I was so anti doctor, anti medications and believed depression was just a weakness. Do not be fooled as I was cause things will not change. First at least for me the proper medication was the first issue. You see sometimes depression can be a physiololgical thing or a chemical imbalance. After taking a few and finding the right one ,it began to make a difference for me. Then of course it was time to make life adjustments and changing ones attitude and behaviors. Today I can say no medications and I am doing well.
But really man please do not waste time or days or perhaps years because it will consume you and everyone around you.

Thanks for sharing. What you suggested is the way I'd go too if I needed it, and I'm afraid self medication like trying to change jobs, apartment, the color of your clothes etc will only give a shorter relief and revert into the depressive state shortly after. A new job, a different apartment or a new guitar won't cure a depression.
In general terms I tend to belive it's not that simple to cure a depression that someone who is depressed can manage by him- or herself and the self analyze to what measures to take can be flat out wrong. Not that change in life maybe isn't needed, but it's not the thing to start with to cure oneself, the problem comes from inside so changing what's outside doesn't seem right. Right?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 13 2009, 10:48 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (MickeM @ Feb 13 2009, 09:42 AM) *
Thanks for sharing. What you suggested is the way I'd go too if I needed it, and I'm afraid self medication like trying to change jobs, apartment, the color of your clothes etc will only give a shorter relief and revert into the depressive state shortly after. A new job, a different apartment or a new guitar won't cure a depression.
In general terms I tend to belive it's not that simple to cure a depression that someone who is depressed can manage by him- or herself and the self analyze to what measures to take can be flat out wrong. Not that change in life maybe isn't needed, but it's not the thing to start with to cure oneself, the problem comes from inside so changing what's outside doesn't seem right. Right?

I think unfortunately that you're bang on as I always buy things to try and cheer myself up but it doesn't work. You'll be happy for a few days and then it'll creep back when the novelty disappears. I think some things can help you a lot though. I do believe if you're unhappy with your job and change it though then it changes things dramatically. If you have a job you enjoy it helps basically. I would still be depressed but I'd take the stress out of my life which has got to help.

I think I need to go to the doctors but opening up to a doctor I never find easy. I keep myself to myself usually but can talk about it with people I know online it's just something very intimidating to me talking to somebody infront of me sad.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 13 2009, 10:54 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Like before when we have dealt with serious issues it's good to clear the air but noone here are professionals or have a full insight hence can't give professional advice. And with so many suggestions some may be good while some could work against a depression and make things even worse.
We wouldn't want that to happen.

O.C I hope that you talk to a professional and follow the advice to get in order to feel better. As you have seen you have a bunch of people here supporting you we're all wishing for you to get better.

But for now, we'll pause this thread to not further give you unprofessional advice, spite it might be helpful.
Keep us updated if you like!

This post has been edited by MickeM: Feb 13 2009, 11:02 AM

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:04 AM