> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

145 Pages V  « < 143 144 145  
Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Phil66
Jul 31 2021, 09:32 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hola Gab,

You okay buddy?

Further to the above video I'm now working along with the lesson MP3 in Reaper so I can play the parts back and more easily hear where I'm out on timing etc.

I'm already hearing little nuances that I didn't hear when we were correcting the GP file, which is good as it means my listening shots are improving.

I'll continue to work hard mate and I'm doing the bending training daily, even if that's all I get time to do.

Saludos amigo

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Yesterday, 03:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 29 2021, 05:12 PM) *

Hi Phil! As I told you via PM, Gab's Army in on tour now! laugh.gif

Todd can comment here mate. There is no problem with it.

I can notice that the first lick (the one that I showed in my video) is sounding good! And I also can see that you are not comfortable at all with the second one. It's weird, because both licks seem to be similar, but we need to analyze what's the exact reason why you can't play it smoothly and design some exercises to master it.

The first thing that you need to do is what I did with the previous lick (this video): Work on smaller blocks. I would build two exercises (yellow and green boxes)

Attached Image

Work on them, and create even smaller parts if needed. Work on each hand at at time and then combine them.

Based on the video, I think that the main problem is the second half, which includes some 4ths that have to be played with the same finger in different strings. Playing the pentatonic scale in fourths could be a good extra exercise.

Attached Image

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Yesterday, 03:34 PM
Hola Gab,
Thanks for the advice, I'm still on tour too and practising whenever I can.

It is actually coming together a little bit now. Todd suggested using a barre for the second lick which I couldn't really work out but he's given some more explanation now

I'll let him know he's okay to post here

Cheers buddy, enjoy your family time.

Nos hablamos amigo

This post has been edited by Phil66: Yesterday, 03:36 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Yesterday, 03:52 PM
Instructor
Yeah! Using the finger as a bare is the way to go when playing those fourths. But be sure to mute the previous note once the new one is played. That's the tricky part when playing fourths using the same finger.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Yesterday, 07:29 PM
GMC:er
Using a finger bar seemed a handy way to play the fourths as you mentioned. Vertical notes on the same fret, different string often work best with a finger bar. As you mention, just gotta kill the last note with mute or finger roll to stop fretting it. I hope this helps smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 2 2021, 10:52 AM) *
Yeah! Using the finger as a bare is the way to go when playing those fourths. But be sure to mute the previous note once the new one is played. That's the tricky part when playing fourths using the same finger.

its that green section that needs the finger bar bit. I hope this makes it a bit easier to play? I can't imagine trying it without the bar. I don't think I could pull it off trying to fret it finger/note during the fourths without a bar.

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 2 2021, 10:12 AM) *
Hi Phil! As I told you via PM, Gab's Army in on tour now! laugh.gif

Todd can comment here mate. There is no problem with it.

I can notice that the first lick (the one that I showed in my video) is sounding good! And I also can see that you are not comfortable at all with the second one. It's weird, because both licks seem to be similar, but we need to analyze what's the exact reason why you can't play it smoothly and design some exercises to master it.

The first thing that you need to do is what I did with the previous lick (this video): Work on smaller blocks. I would build two exercises (yellow and green boxes)

Attached Image

Work on them, and create even smaller parts if needed. Work on each hand at at time and then combine them.

Based on the video, I think that the main problem is the second half, which includes some 4ths that have to be played with the same finger in different strings. Playing the pentatonic scale in fourths could be a good extra exercise.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Phil66
Yesterday, 09:12 PM
Hello Gab and Todd,

Thank you for the advice, to be honest, when I played it like in the video below, I actually thought that's what I was doing until I watched my previous video. Sometimes these things elude us eh? I remember in the past, looking at TABs and trying to work out fingerings for some licks, only to realise, after a few days, that it was actually a chord shape with the strings being picked individually rolleyes.gif

In the video below are both licks, plus the middle eastern one that wasn't actually in the TAB for the lesson, but I do like that sound. I hope this is what you both mean. There isn't any kind of timing on them really, just getting the note/finger sequence right.

https://youtu.be/V7yRoGSGyRM

Cheers and thanks again.

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Today, 03:42 AM
GMC:er
YUP smile.gif That's the idea. It's that rolling finger bar thing that makes licks lick this playable. Trying to do it fret per note on those vertical lines is a bit much so a bar can come in handy. Glad to see you are breaking through!!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Today, 08:27 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 3 2021, 03:42 AM) *
YUP smile.gif That's the idea. It's that rolling finger bar thing that makes licks lick this playable. Trying to do it fret per note on those vertical lines is a bit much so a bar can come in handy. Glad to see you are breaking through!!

Thanks Todd,

I'll be practising these licks in isolation and bringing the rest of the lesson up to speed bar by bar, so hopefully, by the time the rest of the lesson is up to speed these will be in good shape.

As with most lessons, there's a lot more to this one than first appears.

That pentatonic exercise Gab gave me is tricky, mainly due to unfamiliarity, but it's encouraged me to get back into Bootcamp to get finger flexibility back, I don't mean flexibility as in physical flexibility, more like when a person is flexible at work, they can turn their hand to anything. Over time, or fingers shouldn't find things too tricky to adapt to and I guess the more dissent things they do the better.

Just had an idea, how about a new series of short, (around eight notes) tricky locks along the lines of red lorry yellow lorry red key yellow lorry. I know there are things like that in Bootcamp but I'm thinking more along Quick Licks lines but more for dexterity. Todd's Tongue Twisters cool.gif

Cheers Todd, and thanks to Gab for letting Todd have input here, it keeps things tidy and also reflects a spirit of community to visitors. Nice one cool.gif

Speak soon.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

145 Pages V  « < 143 144 145
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd August 2021 - 09:56 AM