2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Guinness
MickeM
Nov 3 2007, 04:36 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
How do you take your Guinness? At exact temperature, twice poured in a pint, drawing three Irish leafes?

I grab mine from the fridge, pour in the glass which is closest at hand and draw something obscene (Nah.. I made that up, I really use a 45 cl beer glass) rolleyes.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Nov 3 2007, 04:46 AM
GMC:er

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by botoxfox: Apr 21 2011, 11:20 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Nov 3 2007, 04:46 AM
I am a coors kinda guy.. Glass or bottle any thing will do.

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Robin
Nov 3 2007, 04:49 AM
I like to flush it down the toilet for fun.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 3 2007, 04:49 AM
Lets go fishing!
I havent had a drink in 6 years laugh.gif unsure.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 3 2007, 04:53 AM
QUOTE (Robin @ Nov 3 2007, 04:49 AM) *
I like to flush it down the toilet for fun.

Before or after you drink it, and which way does it exit your body? ohmy.gif

QUOTE (botoxfox @ Nov 3 2007, 04:46 AM) *
I've tried guiness a few of times and I haven't really acquired a taste for it...

I wasn't a big fan eigher when I was younger. Other things tasted better and was far easier to pour down the throat.

QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Nov 3 2007, 04:46 AM) *
I am a coors kinda guy.. Glass or bottle any thing will do.

I'm not too picky either with the blonde stuff biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by MickeM: Nov 3 2007, 04:53 AM

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 3 2007, 04:53 AM
Lets go fishing!
Silton is also an aquired taste ! laugh.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 3 2007, 04:54 AM
I dont get the thing about Guiness... tongue.gif

Everyones always raving on about how its 'much better in Ireland', but tbh, I dont really want to go to Ireland to find out.

Still, its better than most American beer - bud etc is just not strong enough for my liking! laugh.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 3 2007, 04:55 AM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Nov 3 2007, 04:49 AM) *
I havent had a drink in 6 years laugh.gif unsure.gif

Which probably is the smarter choice cool.gif

+Quote Post
Robin
Nov 3 2007, 04:56 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Nov 3 2007, 04:53 AM) *
Before or after you drink it, and which way does it exit your body? ohmy.gif

Directly to the toilet without going through me smile.gif

But then again, that goes for anything with alcohol in it. I cant even stand Cider anymore, ugghh laugh.gif

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 3 2007, 05:00 AM
QUOTE (Owen @ Nov 3 2007, 04:54 AM) *
I dont get the thing about Guiness... tongue.gif
Everyones always raving on about how its 'much better in Ireland', but tbh, I dont really want to go to Ireland to find out.

Especially since you're so far away it's not worth the travel laugh.gif
Isn't it just the Irish that say that?

QUOTE (Robin @ Nov 3 2007, 04:56 AM) *
I cant even stand Cider anymore, ugghh laugh.gif

Cider and these cool drinks which taste like lemon just for kids to be able to drink em... I'm not fond of the idea. It's a sad sight for sore eyes to see these fjortisar (14 yr old kids) drunk on cider.

Drunk on vodka or beer is one thing... cider and cool drinks are just... like a childrens party with Ronald McDonald blink.gif

+Quote Post
Robin
Nov 3 2007, 05:03 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Nov 3 2007, 05:00 AM) *
Cider and these cool drinks which taste like lemon just for kids to be able to drink em... I'm not fond of the idea. It's a sad sight for sore eyes to see these fjortisar (14 yr old kids) drunk on cider.

Drunk on vodka or beer is one thing... cider and cool drinks are just... like a childrens party with Ronald McDonald blink.gif

Cider got so much sugar, its horrible.

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 3 2007, 05:04 AM
Proper cider is good!

The bottled stuff is a bit kiddie I suppose but I think its one of the easiest things to disguise for 14 year olds and to aquire.

Good for long haul canoing trips when you are aching after a long day paddling and you need to numb the pain, glass is not good in a constantly lurching boat tongue.gif

Edit: Well I could probably get to Ireland for about £15 worth of Easyjet flight these days, probably not worth it from the point of view of all the hassle and they'd probably throw me out a pub anyway. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Owen: Nov 3 2007, 05:07 AM

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
napsternova
Nov 3 2007, 05:13 AM
I pour mine over a Bass Ale. Use a spoon for both of course.

--------------------
--- Jump in with both feet and hopefully you don't land on your head---

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Nov 3 2007, 05:14 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Ummm good q MickeM,
not a great fan of the extra cold version. Shamrock is ok but can't say I've seen it done in the pubs I've been in County Cork or Galway a lot - seen it done an awful lot in pubs in the UK though. Pouring - well pubs I've been to in Ireland often have the pump left on and continually fill and top as they sell so much. For myself I actually prefer in order Beamish, Murphys, Guinness. All are best served on the back of a famous Irish victory over England in any sporting competition biggrin.gif .

BTW - anyone who goes to Galway and wants a good drop of Guinness, Irish music and craic go to Tigh Neachtain in the city on Cross Street. Helps if you can speak Irish but the people are pretty forgiving wink.gif - usually laugh.gif . Perhaps my favourite pub in the world. My wife loves the Glandore Inn in Glandore - mainly as they do a divine apple cake and Casey's across the spit in Union Hall is good (nice seafood as well). Some great pubs down the way from the Beamish brewary in Cork as well - all serve Beamish though, if you ask for Guinness just be prepared to leave quickly wink.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Nov 3 2007, 05:34 AM
I'm more of a Fat Tire person myself.

--------------------
Equipment: Classical/Jazz hybrid guitar. blunt/black humor.

Success is the best revenge.

+Quote Post
ActiveX
Nov 3 2007, 05:44 AM
I really like Brahma (Brazil), or Sol (Mexico). I've never really liked the darker beers or ales.
Ciders and coolers are the worst, thats for sure...much too sweet and give you the worst hangovers ever!

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Nov 3 2007, 06:45 AM
The worlds best beer.. is canadian beer smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 3 2007, 09:21 AM
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Nov 3 2007, 06:45 AM) *
The worlds best beer.. is canadian beer smile.gif

Yep, so true, you got all the beer culture right there. rolleyes.gif You inherited it from the French!! tongue.gif

(Btw I never heard of canadian beer before, is there such a sthing? ...or French beer)

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 3 2007, 09:28 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (MickeM @ Nov 3 2007, 04:21 AM) *
Yep, so true, you got all the beer culture right there. rolleyes.gif You inherited it from the French!! tongue.gif
(Btw I never heard of canadian beer before, is there such a sthing? ...or French beer)

I feel so sorry for you all, you honestly don't know that English beer is the best mellow.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:54 PM