2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Unlucky
Alex87
Sep 9 2008, 03:42 PM
GMC:er
Just wanted to hear if any of you guys ever experience this kind of unlucky thing. It's the worst that can ever happen to a guitar imo. My beloved Hamer Steven Stephens signature, true beautiful yesterday suffered from a person accidently pushing it out of it stand, and it fell and broke it's head off sad.gif
I know it's insured, and will not cost me anything to get repaired, but this is just such a shame that your beloved guitar has to go through that, especially when it's a rare old model that WAS in perfect condition sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender Lead I - 1979, Hamer Steven Stevens sign. (modified) - 1986, Cort western, Santana acoustic

Amps:
Laney Lionheart LH5, Roland Cube 20 (the original orange one)

Effects (on board):
Boss TU-2 Tuner, Homebrew CPR Compressor, EHX Small Stone, Maxon OD-9 Overdrive, Mad Professor Mellow Yellow Tremolo, Boss DD-2, Carl Martin DeLayla XL, TC Electronic SCF1 Chorus/Flanger/Pitch Mod.

Effects (spare):
Boss OD-1 Overdrive, Boss CE-2 Chrous, Boss CS-1 Compressor, Schaller Volume Control, Boss PH-2 Phaser, Boss RV-2 Reverb
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sigma7
Sep 9 2008, 03:44 PM
never happened to me but i would kick the persons ass haha

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Sep 9 2008, 03:47 PM
I've done it with my guitar by mistake accidentally knocking the lid of the case onto it sad.gif. I could never look at it again or even play it after it had been damaged even with fixing it so I sold it on ebay sad.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Canis
Sep 9 2008, 03:50 PM
Learning Rock Star
In my eyes, a guitar isn't just a object; It's my friend... So if someone knocked off my friends head, I'd problaby do the same thing to the person knocking it over xD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex87
Sep 9 2008, 03:55 PM
QUOTE (Canis @ Sep 9 2008, 04:50 PM) *
In my eyes, a guitar isn't just a object; It's my friend... So if someone knocked off my friends head, I'd problaby do the same thing to the person knocking it over xD

I guess it was quiet tempting too wink.gif However, since I wasn't insured myself with this guitar it had to be the guy who did it who had to pay, and I guess he wouldn't if i broke his head off tongue.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender Lead I - 1979, Hamer Steven Stevens sign. (modified) - 1986, Cort western, Santana acoustic

Amps:

Effects (on board):
Boss TU-2 Tuner, Homebrew CPR Compressor, EHX Small Stone, Maxon OD-9 Overdrive, Mad Professor Mellow Yellow Tremolo, Boss DD-2, Carl Martin DeLayla XL, TC Electronic SCF1 Chorus/Flanger/Pitch Mod.

Effects (spare):
Boss OD-1 Overdrive, Boss CE-2 Chrous, Boss CS-1 Compressor, Schaller Volume Control, Boss PH-2 Phaser, Boss RV-2 Reverb

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 9 2008, 06:33 PM
Instructor
Accidents do happen, no need to beat up the poor guy, it is probably not his intention to do it. It's a shame about a guitar, but if it's playable than a fix should do it.

On the other hand, once I borrowed acoustic guitar from a friend a long time ago, it was a great Fender guitar, and I carried it in a gigbag. So I was running and guitar bumped hard against those metal rods that stand on the sidewalk to prevent cars from parking unsure.gif It was a crack so I had it fixed, but that guitar isn't gonna play the same ever again. You can imagine how to poor guy felt when I told him what happened mellow.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
superize
Sep 9 2008, 07:04 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
If anyone would break my guitar i would be very angry with him

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Alex87
Sep 9 2008, 07:14 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Sep 9 2008, 07:33 PM) *
Accidents do happen, no need to beat up the poor guy, it is probably not his intention to do it. It's a shame about a guitar, but if it's playable than a fix should do it.

On the other hand, once I borrowed acoustic guitar from a friend a long time ago, it was a great Fender guitar, and I carried it in a gigbag. So I was running and guitar bumped hard against those metal rods that stand on the sidewalk to prevent cars from parking unsure.gif It was a crack so I had it fixed, but that guitar isn't gonna play the same ever again. You can imagine how to poor guy felt when I told him what happened mellow.gif

I'm sorry to hear that Ivan. it's usually a bigger problem with acoustic than electric. And accidents do happen smile.gif The thing that just bothers me most is that i maybe can't play guitar for the next couple of weeks, since i just returned a guitar i borrowed back to the owner because he needed it , just a few days before the accident sad.gif

--------------------
Guitars:

Amps:

Effects (on board):

Effects (spare):

+Quote Post
FrankW
Sep 9 2008, 10:21 PM
Even though your insurance will allow you to replace it, it's not the same is it? Accidents happen, so go easy on the guy.
If it were done on purpose though, I'd use a flamethrower on him. Nothing says, "Watch what you're doing, numbnuts!", like a flamethrower.

This post has been edited by FrankW: Sep 9 2008, 10:21 PM

+Quote Post
Fran
Sep 9 2008, 10:44 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Sorry to hear sad.gif Hope it gets fixed soon and that it plays just as good as usual.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Canis
Sep 9 2008, 10:56 PM
Learning Rock Star
You know what they say (or atleast what I say), once your guitar has a dent, it has a personallity =)
It becomes more of an individual at that point, imo wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guitarist16
Sep 9 2008, 11:36 PM
that stinks just last weekend i bought a les paul that had a repaired neck for a great price and i put it in a safe place in the trunk and on the way home the neck had rebroken. So i returned it, but it was a fun 30 minutes.

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Sep 10 2008, 08:13 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I'd be really mad, that's for sure sad.gif

I'm so sorry to hear this, hopefully it'll get just as new after repairs..

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 10 2008, 01:30 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Alex87 @ Sep 9 2008, 04:42 PM) *
Just wanted to hear if any of you guys ever experience this kind of unlucky thing. It's the worst that can ever happen to a guitar imo. My beloved Hamer Steven Stephens signature, true beautiful yesterday suffered from a person accidently pushing it out of it stand, and it fell and broke it's head off sad.gif
I know it's insured, and will not cost me anything to get repaired, but this is just such a shame that your beloved guitar has to go through that, especially when it's a rare old model that WAS in perfect condition sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

Oh I know that feeling..When I was young my first acoustic guitar fell from the resting point (on table) and broke its head off sad.gif It was ugly sad.gif

QUOTE (Guitarist16 @ Sep 10 2008, 12:36 AM) *
that stinks just last weekend i bought a les paul that had a repaired neck for a great price and i put it in a safe place in the trunk and on the way home the neck had rebroken. So i returned it, but it was a fun 30 minutes.

Oh bad luck, but I guess its not the transport fault - guitar was not repaired well in the first place! Its good you managed to return it.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Sep 10 2008, 01:35 PM
QUOTE (Canis @ Sep 9 2008, 10:56 PM) *
You know what they say (or atleast what I say), once your guitar has a dent, it has a personallity =)
It becomes more of an individual at that point, imo wink.gif

I don't think that applies when the headstock gets knocked off sad.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Alex87
Sep 10 2008, 02:32 PM
I'd like to thank everyone in here, for having sympathy for my broken guitar, am also glad to hear your stories about it; you have my sympathies - It helps alot when great people like you, gives feedback on such a tradegy wink.gif

Thanks alot!
Alex

--------------------
Guitars:

Amps:

Effects (on board):

Effects (spare):

+Quote Post
Rooks
Sep 28 2008, 08:39 AM
I'm sorry I feel the same way about my guitar .. doesn't matter if its rare or common to me .. It's your guitar.

But I'm building a second one from scraps that I can bash around so my black beauty can rest at home and at special occasions tongue.gif

--------------------

Gear: Guitar Cort EVL X4 , Squier Strat Amp Peavey Valveking 112 50w

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Sep 28 2008, 08:42 AM
Instructor
I never experienced something like that
but I can tell you that it'd be horrible feel,I'm sorry to hear... sad.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
timono
Sep 28 2008, 09:16 AM
my guitar fell out of it's standard once, it fell forward on the ground. luckily nothing was wrong with it just a bit out of tune, but i really felt my heart racing when i saw it happen!!

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez RG 2550 EGK Presige, Essex wannabe Gibson guitar (don't know the full name), Alhambra acoustic guitar

Amps: Marshall MG 50DFX, Evans sound creator (50 watt), Orange crush 10

Effect pedals: Korg AX1500G

record stuff: Line 6 toneport UX1

Piano: Yamaha P-85

Wishlist:

Ibanez Jem 7V!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
fkalich
Sep 28 2008, 09:38 AM
Regarding the clumsy friend, you can take the dog approach or cat approach. A dog would consider it understandable as they are clumsy. But a cat would not, cats do not excuse carelessness like that, they hold you responsible.

Or he can take the approach I do. As every molecule in your body is replaced within 9 years, in 9 years he can say he is totally not responsible.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:28 AM