My First Busk Of The Year Today:)
leonard478
Jun 3 2013, 08:57 PM
Learning Rock Star
So excited to get back out there! , just letting you all know if you're planning to busk this summer (which i hope you are because its great performance practice!) , get yourself a Roland Cube Street amp, amazing tone , light weight, long lasting, durable, and loads of effects
cheers to all smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 4 2013, 06:59 AM
Instructor
That's cool! All the best mate! Then tell us ho it was. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Jun 4 2013, 01:06 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (leonard478 @ Jun 3 2013, 09:57 PM) *
So excited to get back out there! , just letting you all know if you're planning to busk this summer (which i hope you are because its great performance practice!) , get yourself a Roland Cube Street amp, amazing tone , light weight, long lasting, durable, and loads of effects
cheers to all smile.gif

Sounds exciting...Just wondering about those amps. The reviews I read say they use( 6 x AA batteries with 15 hours max continious use.)
Thats reasonably good I imagine?..especially if people throw a few coins in the hat! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
leonard478
Jun 4 2013, 06:59 PM
Learning Rock Star
on the good nights it pays a bit more than minimum wage:). so the batteries are totally not a problem. The tone is well worth the batteries!, and the fact that you can connect your ipod and play some backing tracks makes it a steal. and day 1 was fantastic, lots of great feedback and met lots of wonderful people biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Headbanger @ Jun 4 2013, 12:06 PM) *
Sounds exciting...Just wondering about those amps. The reviews I read say they use( 6 x AA batteries with 15 hours max continious use.)
Thats reasonably good I imagine?..especially if people throw a few coins in the hat! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 5 2013, 09:04 AM
Instructor
Mate... with the risk of sounding silly... what does busking mean? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Jun 5 2013, 10:07 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 5 2013, 10:04 AM) *
Mate... with the risk of sounding silly... what does busking mean? laugh.gif

Not silly.

Busking is performing in the street or a public place in order to get people to donate a few coins or food/drink or something. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 5 2013, 09:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Headbanger @ Jun 5 2013, 09:07 AM) *
Not silly.

Busking is performing in the street or a public place in order to get people to donate a few coins or food/drink or something. smile.gif

Do you do it every year, or how does it work?

+Quote Post
leonard478
Jun 5 2013, 10:23 PM
Learning Rock Star
Not silly at all man i didnt know that word until last year. Anyways here in Vancouver i just order a street entertainment license , 40 doillars for 4 months, i do it every year in downtown, the streets are wonderful and packed at night so its a lot of fun to meet people and whatnot. and it pays the same as my job at the movie theatre laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 5 2013, 08:21 PM) *
Do you do it every year, or how does it work?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 6 2013, 09:43 AM
Instructor
Street musicianship! I see, I see biggrin.gif 10 years ago, I remember seeing a bunch of wonderfully talented people on the streets of Geneva in Switzerland. You could hear Vivaldi, dixieland, blues and folk on every street biggrin.gif In here though, if you do that, almost everyone will think you are a lazy bum that doesn't want to work and they will curse you or point their finger and tell their children that that's the exact thing that they should be aware of in life laugh.gif

+Quote Post
leonard478
Jun 6 2013, 09:56 PM
Learning Rock Star
laugh.gif laugh.gif yeah i do get some condescending looks from some people hahaha but for the most part people are very supportive and like to talk with me. I think its cause im younger that people dont treat me like a bum just yet laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif But street performing is a huge passion of mine regardless . I've made too many great friends and met many awesome musicians this way

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 6 2013, 08:43 AM) *
Street musicianship! I see, I see biggrin.gif 10 years ago, I remember seeing a bunch of wonderfully talented people on the streets of Geneva in Switzerland. You could hear Vivaldi, dixieland, blues and folk on every street biggrin.gif In here though, if you do that, almost everyone will think you are a lazy bum that doesn't want to work and they will curse you or point their finger and tell their children that that's the exact thing that they should be aware of in life laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Zaek
Jun 6 2013, 10:04 PM
This sounds like an amazingly fun thing to do!
I sometimes dream about traveling the world with nothing but a guitar, jamming with other street musicians and living on busking(is this how I bend the word?) for an uncertain amount of time!

+Quote Post
leonard478
Jun 6 2013, 11:32 PM
Learning Rock Star
its a little slice of paradise smile.gif, after i finish my first year of music school i think im going to rent a car and drive down to seattle, portland, and san Francisco to busk in each city just for some fun smile.gif

QUOTE (Zaek @ Jun 6 2013, 09:04 PM) *
This sounds like an amazingly fun thing to do!
I sometimes dream about traveling the world with nothing but a guitar, jamming with other street musicians and living on busking(is this how I bend the word?) for an uncertain amount of time!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 7 2013, 12:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (leonard478 @ Jun 6 2013, 10:32 PM) *
its a little slice of paradise smile.gif, after i finish my first year of music school i think im going to rent a car and drive down to seattle, portland, and san Francisco to busk in each city just for some fun smile.gif

If you go to Seattle - you must know some famous grunge tunes biggrin.gif right? Anyway, it sounds like great fun indeed!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:18 AM