Toneport Vs Pod
Jesse
Sep 30 2008, 05:02 PM
GMC:er
Hey marcus. I am actually saving for a toneport but I got me told that you play trough a Pod AND record? How can you record trough a pod to the pc, because then there's no need for buying a toneport because I still want to be able to get effects but trough the amp and not PC.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Sep 30 2008, 05:28 PM
Instructor
Hi Jesse,

Yes, I connect the output of my POD to the input on the sound card on my computer. I have it connected like this all the time, so I never use an amp. The downside is that I must start my computer every time I want to play dry.gif

If you'd want to have your POD connected to an amp and computer at the same time, then I guess you use an USB cable to the computer. I've never tried it though, but as far as I know the PODxt can pass audio over USB [anyone; please correct me if I'm wrong] smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Oxac
Sep 30 2008, 05:47 PM
it should be, my guitarport is able to and isn't PODxt a line 6 thing as well?

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Sep 30 2008, 05:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Oxac @ Sep 30 2008, 06:47 PM) *
it should be, my guitarport is able to and isn't PODxt a line 6 thing as well?

Thanks Oxac.
Yep, PODxt is from Line6 smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
fkalich
Sep 30 2008, 06:03 PM
QUOTE (Marcus Lavendell @ Sep 30 2008, 11:28 AM) *
Hi Jesse,

Yes, I connect the output of my POD to the input on the sound card on my computer. I have it connected like this all the

I believe that there are mystical magical powers within a tube amp, undetectable by even modern science. The energy flowing from the tubes is absorbed by your Chakras. You don't get this from solid state devices.

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Sep 30 2008, 06:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (fkalich @ Sep 30 2008, 07:03 PM) *
I believe that there are mystical magical powers within a tube amp, undetectable by even modern science. The energy flowing from the tubes is absorbed by your Chakras. You don't get this from solid state devices.

I agree.

For home recording a POD sounds pretty decent though smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:45 PM