> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

13 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Claudiostrat's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 10 2021, 07:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Jul 9 2021, 02:31 PM) *
Thanks. Going to be traveling so will actually use something else for the next 3 weeks, but planning to practice and share recordings! But will try to modify the Boss tone on my return.

Nice! Our friend Phil66 describes your status as "Gab's Army on Tour". biggrin.gif

Enjoy it mate!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Jul 10 2021, 09:49 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 10 2021, 06:07 PM) *
Nice! Our friend Phil66 describes your status as "Gab's Army on Tour". biggrin.gif

Enjoy it mate!

Lol defy on a European tour!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 11 2021, 04:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Jul 10 2021, 05:49 PM) *
Lol defy on a European tour!!

haha nice! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Aug 12 2021, 06:00 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabri,

back to the Thread! Hope all well with you. I have seen you e lead guitar course, will watching a few of those and see if I can pick up some trick or things I didn't know (so far I was ok).

back to the 2 things I was practicing Plicks Between chords will update on that too, used your files to practice but have not recorded yet.

This week I was trying to play the Eric Gale Lesson, which is indeed tricky (but really cool!) but I defy need to get my bends sharp to play this half decent, so it is probably a good one for me to work. Also quite like the Eminor penta and Emajor Penta used togheter and other things you are doing here very very cool

so here is my first attempt at 90% of the speed. Spoiler alert: it is full of mistakes, but probably a good place to start.

thanks in advance

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Aug 13 2021, 01:03 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabri,

tried to record one at full speed today, see below. I few mistakes here too, but I think might give you a different point of view vs previous one at 90%.

thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 16 2021, 04:16 PM
Instructor
Hi Claudio! How are you?

Nice to see you working hard! I think that getting into the Lead Basics lesson is a good idea. Please get into it and tell me the things that you find interesting, and if you need any help with it. The second level is already published too.

I've checked both Gales takes and I can say that you need to focus on 90% or maybe 80%, and work on smaller sections. The main issues are timing and bending pitches. The second take makes these problem even more notorious, so I consider that the best is to slow down so you can play things tight and focus on details. The lesson is full of details regarding bending, vibrato, and other expressive elements. If you don't work on them slowly, you'll never get these details.

So my suggestion is that you organize your practice like this:

- Play the whole thing at 80% (or 90% if you can) trying to play it tight with the backing.
- Work on smaller parts using a metronome or over the backing track. Slow down tempo a bit more if it's necessary, and increase it gradually as you start to feel more comfortable.
- Connect the small parts in longer sections.
- Play the whole thing again.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Aug 16 2021, 10:15 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks Gabri,

On the Lead Guitar I did the first "season" already, I kind of knew most of the concept/licks but was still very good to revisit some of them.
In general I think is good to have this short concept, because sometime digesting a full lesson can take a a long time and these short lessons that build on each other are a also another good way to practice , learn new things or very often consolidate concept learned but maybe forgotten.
I was thinking to consolidate it a bit better to write a little blues easy solo practice using all or most of the licks in the first "season", what do you think?

On the Eric Gales, thanks. I knew it was still rough, but wanted to push myself to play all-together. I'll slow it down a bit and focus a bit more on the the details, I have already started to be honest. So bear with me and hopefully can show some progress soon.

cheers

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 17 2021, 03:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Aug 16 2021, 07:15 PM) *
On the Lead Guitar I did the first "season" already, I kind of knew most of the concept/licks but was still very good to revisit some of them.
In general I think is good to have this short concept, because sometime digesting a full lesson can take a a long time and these short lessons that build on each other are a also another good way to practice , learn new things or very often consolidate concept learned but maybe forgotten.
I was thinking to consolidate it a bit better to write a little blues easy solo practice using all or most of the licks in the first "season", what do you think?

Cool! Thanks for your feedback mate! I think that it's a good idea to consolidate the concepts before getting into the part 2. Please go for it!

QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Aug 16 2021, 07:15 PM) *
On the Eric Gales, thanks. I knew it was still rough, but wanted to push myself to play all-together. I'll slow it down a bit and focus a bit more on the the details, I have already started to be honest. So bear with me and hopefully can show some progress soon.

Ok! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Aug 21 2021, 11:40 AM
Learning Roadie
[quote name='Gabriel Leopardi' date='Aug 17 2021, 02:05 PM' post='791630']
Cool! Thanks for your feedback mate! I think that it's a good idea to consolidate the concepts before getting into the part 2. Please go for it!

hi Grabri,

so I attempted a little 12bar blues (backing track i think is one of yours wink.gif )
I included there as many licks of the basic lead course I could fit (a few little modifications on a couple), plus a few more blues licks to fill the gaps!
it was good fun and made me think a bit more on where to play these licks.
what do you think?

also making some progress with the Eric Gales lesson I divided that in 3 parts, but need to work on it a little more.

cheers

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 22 2021, 06:52 PM
Instructor
Hi Claudio!! Well done!

This is the best way to get the most from the Lead Basics course. It's great to see you playing all these licks. You need to continue practicing like this everyday, and focus on two elements:

- Polish the rhythm/timing of those licks. You tend to play them a bit after the beat.

- Work on the connection between licks to make the whole thing more like a solo, and add your own phrases and variations.

Keep up the good work!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Aug 29 2021, 12:07 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabri,

hope all good. I keep on working on the Eric Gales licks, still at 90bpm working on some of the issues. Isolated a few parts and spotted some errors. now trying to to put it back together.

A difficult lesson , but learning a lot trying to get this for sure. what do you think?

Also a new tone what do you think of it?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 30 2021, 03:25 PM
Instructor
Hi Claudio, how are you?

Nice to see you working on this one. I can notice important improvements. At first, I like this new tone, it really fits with the backing track and feel more balanced than the one used in the previous take.

Besides that, your playing is also getting better. The bends are still the main thing to improve, but now more bends are reaching the right pitch, and the overall timing feels better.

You need to continue working on your bending pitch. Pay attention to the half bends which are the ones that are giving more trouble. As I usually say, remember to do the bending exercise every day. That's the best thing you can do to calibrate your bending.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Aug 30 2021, 05:37 PM
Learning Roadie
thanks Gabri,

glad you like the tone too! I did another one today (before I read your comment), probably similar problems , find below.

will continue to work on this and pay more attention to the half bends, have you noticed any consistent error with them (like always over or under) or in a particular part of the song?

cheers

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 2 2021, 03:51 PM
Instructor
Hi Claudio, here I'm marking the bends that are not reaching the pitch correctly. Based on the new video:

00:09
00:14
00:18
00:28
00:43
00:46
01:05

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Sep 2 2021, 04:17 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 2 2021, 02:51 PM) *
Hi Claudio, here I'm marking the bends that are not reaching the pitch correctly. Based on the new video:

00:09
00:14
00:18
00:28
00:43
00:46
01:05

thanks Gabri, i keep working on this I should have improved a few of those bends and other little things when I have a little time will try to record.
On a couple of those I was not focusing on like 09 , 18 and 1:05, so that's good actually (i think i consistently get those wrong..)
this is a pretty good lesson to work on bends lol!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 2 2021, 04:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Sep 2 2021, 01:17 PM) *
thanks Gabri, i keep working on this I should have improved a few of those bends and other little things when I have a little time will try to record.
On a couple of those I was not focusing on like 09 , 18 and 1:05, so that's good actually (i think i consistently get those wrong..)
this is a pretty good lesson to work on bends lol!!

Yes! It's like a bending masterclass. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Sep 4 2021, 10:48 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabri,

so focused a bit more on bends over the last few days.
Still going at 90bpm. I should have improved a few bends, it is always tricky to get all 30 bends right in one take, but slowly getting there...

what do you think?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 4 2021, 03:55 PM
Instructor
Hi Claudio,

Yes, this is getting better. I notice that there are some bends that are not fixed. There is still work to do regarding the elements that I've marked before but you are on the right track.

Please keep the current tempo and focus on:

- Bending pitches
- Timing
- Tone (not your amp settings, listen to what you are playing and see how the way you pick, and dynamics affect the sound)

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Sep 5 2021, 09:35 AM
Learning Roadie
Ok thanks, will try to fix the rest. I’m “on tour” again so non sure how much I’ll be able to post for the next couple of weeks, but planning to practice

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 5 2021, 05:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Sep 5 2021, 06:35 AM) *
Ok thanks, will try to fix the rest. I’m “on tour” again so non sure how much I’ll be able to post for the next couple of weeks, but planning to practice

Ok, thanks for the update. Enjoy the tour!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:41 PM