2 Pages V   1 2 >  
New Max Uploading Size, 1gb
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 30 2007, 11:54 AM
GMC Founder
Hey there,

We have now made some changes so that you can upload really big files with lesson maker. The theoretical max limit is now 1000 Megabytes.

This obviously only concerns those of you who have decent uploading speeds and who don't want to compress the files on your computer, to get best possible video quality.

It also means that those of you who are using Windows Movie Maker - now should be able export the video as DV-avi.

I just tried uploading a 336 mb file and it worked! smile.gif [edit: I have now uploaded a 760 mb and it also worked!]

Kristofer

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Nov 30 2007, 12:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 30 2007, 11:54 AM) *
This obviously only concerns those of you who have decent uploading speeds

Not me... sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Pavel
Nov 30 2007, 03:12 PM
Instructor
With the upload rate of 25Kb/s it will be quite long laugh.gif but thanks for letting us know - i can sure reduce compression rate smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

+Quote Post
Fabian Schulz
Nov 30 2007, 03:32 PM
Instructor
Hmm I think it would be a bit user-unfriendly to upload such big files. remember that they can not watch the lesson videos when they have a slower internet connection.

--------------------
Guitars: Ibanez RG 2550, Squier Showmaster Jimmy Shine Signature

Amps: Marshall G30R CD Combo, Marshall MG100HDFX Halfstack

Pedals: Digitech DF-7, Boss RC-2, Dunlop Cry Baby

Wishlist: Brunetti XL R-Evo II or Brunetti Mercury EL34 and a Fabian Schulz Signaturemodel by Ibanez :D

Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 30 2007, 03:41 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Fabian Schulz @ Nov 30 2007, 03:32 PM) *
Hmm I think it would be a bit user-unfriendly to upload such big files. remember that they can not watch the lesson videos when they have a slower internet connection.

The videos are always compressed on the server - so the users always watch [relatively] small videos.

However - it is good to try to avoid compressing the videos lots of times - as quality generally is reduced each time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Nov 30 2007, 03:52 PM
Instructor
That's great I'm gonna upload some of my songs in video biggrin.gif

Well done Kris !!

+Quote Post
Fabian Schulz
Nov 30 2007, 03:54 PM
Instructor
ah ok, didn't know that. I compressed the videos a lot and tried to keep them small.

--------------------
Guitars: Ibanez RG 2550, Squier Showmaster Jimmy Shine Signature

Amps: Marshall G30R CD Combo, Marshall MG100HDFX Halfstack

Pedals: Digitech DF-7, Boss RC-2, Dunlop Cry Baby

Wishlist: Brunetti XL R-Evo II or Brunetti Mercury EL34 and a Fabian Schulz Signaturemodel by Ibanez :D

Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Nov 30 2007, 08:32 PM
Instructor
That's good news!!!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 1 2007, 01:01 AM
Instructor
Great news, thanks Kris. Unfortunately, still having a 6kbps UL. Sad but true sad.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Vinod Saranga
Dec 1 2007, 12:49 PM
Acoustic Instructor
Great news. smile.gif

and one more thing...

It's very easy if we can upload all video files and Backing tracks etc. at one time.(using a zip file may be)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 1 2007, 12:52 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Vinod @ Dec 1 2007, 12:49 PM) *
Great news. smile.gif

and one more thing...

It's very easy if we can upload all video files and Backing tracks etc. at one time.(using a zip file may be)

Yes that is the plan when we get the new lesson maker, I know some of you have to wait a very long time to get things up on the server. sad.gif

By the way, be sure to check out how Marcus' uploads his files:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...ost&p=69760

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vinod Saranga
Dec 1 2007, 01:08 PM
Acoustic Instructor
Thanks Kris.

I will try it for my next lesson smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 2 2007, 04:35 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Yeah this is great news , I was struggling to get my lesson under 100mb , now the general quality of videos will surly increase.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 2 2007, 11:19 PM
Instructor
Same for me, I have increased the overall quality of the videos. THanks again Kris smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Dec 6 2007, 12:36 AM
Instructor
1gb for one video,main or slow,doesn't matter???

AWESOME!!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Dec 6 2007, 01:01 AM
Instructor
good news krist but i think we need 512MB for fast upload

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Dec 6 2007, 10:50 AM
Instructor
It's great for those with unlimited upload, unfortunatelly I have only 7GB of transfer a month so I have to keep it as small as possible smile.gif

also when I was uploading the slow video for first lesson, i tried to upload 500MB file.. but it seems I had a trouble with net after two hours of uploading, received error message and was not able to continue

please consider the idea of FTP accounts for instructors smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 6 2007, 11:02 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Dejan @ Dec 6 2007, 10:50 AM) *
It's great for those with unlimited upload, unfortunatelly I have only 7GB of transfer a month so I have to keep it as small as possible smile.gif

also when I was uploading the slow video for first lesson, i tried to upload 500MB file.. but it seems I had a trouble with net after two hours of uploading, received error message and was not able to continue

please consider the idea of FTP accounts for instructors smile.gif

When you started uploading the lesson I think the limit was around 200 mb - the new 1000 mb limit is a very recent change we have made. (Or it could be that the transfer was interrupted due to poor uploading support in the browser, as you suggested)

We have started planning on a completely new lesson maker interface - which will involve the downloading of some kind of ftp application. This way it will be possible to upload a whole, zipped, folder. Unfortunately it will take quite a while until we have that solution - but it's definitely on it's way!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vinod Saranga
Dec 6 2007, 11:17 AM
Acoustic Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Dec 6 2007, 04:02 PM) *
We have started planning on a completely new lesson maker interface - which will involve the downloading of some kind of ftp application. This way it will be possible to upload a whole, zipped, folder. Unfortunately it will take quite a while until we have that solution - but it's definitely on it's way!

Great News Kris biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Dec 6 2007, 04:02 PM
Instructor
Kris, it was on sunday, the day after you introduced the changes to 1GB, so I believe it was due to my internet connection wink.gif

But great news that the new system is under development, it would be easier if we can upload all in one click, so we can start the transfer and go to sleep biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:19 PM