Can't Keep The Tension In This Part Of The Song...
SonofDestiny
Jul 20 2008, 01:02 PM
GMC:er
Hey guys,

I need your help with this song I'm writing. I'm trying to build some tension in a pre-chorus, but then I come to a certain point where I can't keep it up! It's so frustrating... no matter what I try, it never seems to be exciting enough (soundwise wink.gif).

I've uploaded the guitar pro file which has the ideas for the song in it. It hasn't really been structured yet, but the measure I'm talking about is number 12. Do you have any ideas on how to build enough tension so a really big chorus can pop out after it?

Thanks! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  alleen_loopje_1_.gp5 ( 7.25K ) Number of downloads: 133

--------------------
Wishlist: the world.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jul 20 2008, 01:15 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Try using the 2nd (G#) as a sort of root note in the prechorus and try using the harmonic minor for this section. Also a beat or two before the chorus comes in try taking away a couple of tracks so theres a build up in sound to the chorus. Or do a crescendo. Afraid that's the best advice i can give apart from keep trying stuff until something works.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Jul 20 2008, 01:56 PM
Hmm sad.gif Still can't find anything that sounds good really. Thanks for your help though! I guess I'll just have to leave it for a couple of days.

--------------------

+Quote Post
IDontWantMyUsern...
Jul 20 2008, 03:43 PM
QUOTE (SonofDestiny @ Jul 20 2008, 02:56 PM) *
Hmm sad.gif Still can't find anything that sounds good really. Thanks for your help though! I guess I'll just have to leave it for a couple of days.

I have had the same problem lots of times myself, and the answer often seems to be the drums, so I recommend that you put some percussion in there wink.gif If you still can't get onto something I would gladly try to make an idea myself that you could put in there smile.gif

Ok, I couldn't resist to play a little with your idea biggrin.gif You will see that I made the time signature into 2/4 and added drums, but I didn't do very much apart from that. I don't know the purpose of the song so it might not fit in, but at least I tried tongue.gif

This post has been edited by IDontWantMyUsername: Jul 20 2008, 04:45 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Idea_Masterclass.gp5 ( 11.76K ) Number of downloads: 79

--------------------
My stuff:

Ibanez S320
Marshall MG100HDFX half stack
Line6 PODxt
Digidesign Mbox Pro

Songs I'm writing down/learning at the moment:

Children of Bodom - Downfall

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Jul 20 2008, 05:39 PM
Dude!!! YOU ROCK!!! biggrin.gif I love it!

--------------------

+Quote Post
IDontWantMyUsern...
Jul 20 2008, 05:42 PM
QUOTE (SonofDestiny @ Jul 20 2008, 06:39 PM) *
Dude!!! YOU ROCK!!! biggrin.gif I love it!

Ok, I'm a bit flattered right now tongue.gif Thank you too! biggrin.gif
Remember to show me how the final result gets wink.gif

This post has been edited by IDontWantMyUsername: Jul 20 2008, 06:34 PM

--------------------
My stuff:

Ibanez S320
Marshall MG100HDFX half stack
Line6 PODxt
Digidesign Mbox Pro

Songs I'm writing down/learning at the moment:

Children of Bodom - Downfall

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:47 AM