3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Yngwie Malmsteen Collaboration, FINAL MIX AND COMMENTS
Emir Hot
Apr 3 2009, 05:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (kjutte @ Apr 3 2009, 04:40 PM) *
Thanks for your comment, Emir!
I wish you said something about my composition though, although it may not have been the best.

Doesn't this tell enough about the composition?

"This take has a very nice structure and some cool notes used. You showed with the opening line that you were really trying to play in Yngwie style. All those licks are typical neoclassical licks and I am happy to hear that you were serious about staying in the right style."

smile.gif

Please read Monte's comment, I mentioned you there as well. There is one thing I forgot to tell you but I told Monte.

Cheers smile.gif

QUOTE (Dexxter @ Apr 3 2009, 05:01 PM) *
Thanks a lot for the collab and comment Emir smile.gif

I tried to get the solo to sound good even though I still don't have enough speed yet to make it exactly how I want it.. trills and tapping with lots of step recording was my best shot to get something fast at all laugh.gif It was actually quite hard to compose this solo, as I couldn't just play what was on my mind mad.gif just have to keep practising as always wink.gif smile.gif

There you go smile.gif The best advice is just "keep practicing". I am sure you know what you need to work on and what's the way to get there. If you need help, I am here smile.gif

However I still think that you have done a great job and your ideas are great. Now when you get to the level that you can put all your nice ideas into some good playing, you will sound awesome smile.gif Thanks for joining.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 3 2009, 05:07 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Dexxter @ Apr 3 2009, 05:01 PM) *
Thanks a lot for the collab and comment Emir smile.gif

I tried to get the solo to sound good even though I still don't have enough speed yet to make it exactly how I want it.. trills and tapping with lots of step recording was my best shot to get something fast at all laugh.gif It was actually quite hard to compose this solo, as I couldn't just play what was on my mind mad.gif just have to keep practising as always wink.gif smile.gif

Learning step recording is going to be a priority for me in future collaborations. I have to be able to play my take all at once because your can't do step recording very well with garageband....at least I can't. mad.gif biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
kjutte
Apr 3 2009, 05:12 PM
GMC:er
I guess I focused too much on the critique to remember it all, Emir! biggrin.gif
Thanks again

+Quote Post
sted
Apr 3 2009, 05:13 PM
Learning Rock Star
I dont like shred but i was blown away by some of the playing on the final mix, well done all participants and well done Emir for putting it together!

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 3 2009, 05:17 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks for the comments Emir. Sorry for the screw-ups with the recording. mad.gif I have actually set aside time in my practice schedule now to focus on recording. I need to learn to record properly. smile.gif

I am working VERY hard on my AP...I won't use it though until I can use it properly. I can AP some slower stuff but not the really fast stuff needed for this style...yet. Few more months and I should be able to break out some AP runs.....hopefully. Thanks for the comments Emir and for all the work you do on these collabs.

Please just automatically sign me up for all your future collabs...I have learned a ton from both of them that I have participated in. I am going to start these collabs earlier in the future so I can post takes and you can give me feedback on how to properly record stuff. Thanks again....YOU ROCK!! \m/\m/ smile.gif

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Apr 3 2009, 06:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Apr 3 2009, 05:07 PM) *
Learning step recording is going to be a priority for me in future collaborations. I have to be able to play my take all at once because your can't do step recording very well with garageband....at least I can't. mad.gif biggrin.gif

I didn't know you are not using any of the industry standard software for the recording. Try with Reaper for the start, it's free.

QUOTE (sted @ Apr 3 2009, 05:13 PM) *
I dont like shred but i was blown away by some of the playing on the final mix, well done all participants and well done Emir for putting it together!

Cheers Sted for checking it out smile.gif

QUOTE (lcsdds @ Apr 3 2009, 05:17 PM) *
Thanks for the comments Emir. Sorry for the screw-ups with the recording. mad.gif I have actually set aside time in my practice schedule now to focus on recording. I need to learn to record properly. smile.gif

I am working VERY hard on my AP...I won't use it though until I can use it properly. I can AP some slower stuff but not the really fast stuff needed for this style...yet. Few more months and I should be able to break out some AP runs.....hopefully. Thanks for the comments Emir and for all the work you do on these collabs.

Please just automatically sign me up for all your future collabs...I have learned a ton from both of them that I have participated in. I am going to start these collabs earlier in the future so I can post takes and you can give me feedback on how to properly record stuff. Thanks again....YOU ROCK!! \m/\m/ smile.gif

That was some great playing Monte. Don't worry about AP until you feel comfortable with it but I want you to expand your techniques and be able to deal with more stuff. About the recording, I might even do a collaboration just for that. Maybe even a full lesson in series for GMC. Thanks for the auto-signup request smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 3 2009, 06:35 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I have Logic 8 now Emir....gonna install it this weekend and start working with it. I am sure I will have LOTS of questions on step recording. I should be able to deliver more versatile takes when I don't have to spend all my time practicing the take to be able to play it in one pass!!! mad.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Apr 3 2009, 06:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Apr 3 2009, 06:35 PM) *
I have Logic 8 now Emir....gonna install it this weekend and start working with it. I am sure I will have LOTS of questions on step recording. I should be able to deliver more versatile takes when I don't have to spend all my time practicing the take to be able to play it in one pass!!! mad.gif laugh.gif

Step recording is very easy. You stop and record from there on (maybe start even earlier to overlap with what you previously played). Then you find the best split point (where the split point is not noticable in playing) and join those together. Very easy. When you get to that I will show you.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Sergio Dorado
Apr 3 2009, 11:27 PM
Flamenco Instructor
Thanks a lot for the comments, man! smile.gif I´ve participated for now in five collabs, and I´ve learning a lot in all of them. Always occurs me the same: when I listen the backing for the first time, I think: Wow, this is a great backing, would be wonderful to record a take... but it´s a pain I have no idea of what to do! But when you spend enough time on it, the ideas almost always arrive. And I think this is an magic aspect of that activitie: in two weeks you passed from don´t have idea to record a composition of one minute, with music that is born only in your head.
I´m very happy with the result, these kind of collabs are amazing. Also great takes from all students, congratulations for it.
One more time thanks, Emir, and if inspiration don´t leave me (I hope not!) I will take part in your next collab. smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Apr 3 2009, 11:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sergio Dorado @ Apr 3 2009, 11:27 PM) *
Thanks a lot for the comments, man! smile.gif I´ve participated for now in five collabs, and I´ve learning a lot in all of them. Always occurs me the same: when I listen the backing for the first time, I think: Wow, this is a great backing, would be wonderful to record a take... but it´s a pain I have no idea of what to do! But when you spend enough time on it, the ideas almost always arrive. And I think this is an magic aspect of that activitie: in two weeks you passed from don´t have idea to record a composition of one minute, with music that is born only in your head.
I´m very happy with the result, these kind of collabs are amazing. Also great takes from all students, congratulations for it.
One more time thanks, Emir, and if inspiration don´t leave me (I hope not!) I will take part in your next collab. smile.gif

Thank you Sergio. I see no reason why you would run out of inspiration. All your music sounds very inspirational so I am sure I will hear more of your great playing in the future. Many thanks for joining.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Tolek
Apr 3 2009, 11:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
Tolek (7:26 - 8:06)

Good job Tolek but very dirty smile.gif We spoke about this before and I know that you’re still not very comfortable with AP. It sounds like you’re on a good way to get it right soon. I have seen many of your other takes on lessons and still remember you from previous collab. I know you’re a very talented player but still in a strong developing phase. You can always ask for any advice if you need some AP exercises. I said the same to Sense. There are many lessons that can help you clean your picking but doing exercises first will even speed up the process. Of course you shouldn’t stop playing songs and lessons at the same time. I was happy to hear that all your notes were in all right scales. The one string lick (7:30 – 7:35) wasn’t really rhythmically placed tight. Make sure you follow the tempo like a programmed machine smile.gif E section was much better and there were some nice lines. What happened on (7:54)? There was a long break for a whole second. Sounds like you started recording from there but this was very noticeable and totally unexpected in a bunch of fast lines just to stop like that. I am sure that was some recording issue but I’ll forgive you this time smile.gif The last diminished part was really good all the way until the end. All your ideas are nice and you just need to get your technique to the point to be able to transform your ideas into some great playing. I liked what you delivered here and it was nice to hear this amount of creativity. Great work smile.gif

Thank you so much for this helpful comment! I really need to concentrate on AP because I have a lot of ideas in my head for songs/collabs/etc. but my technical issue doesn´t allow my some things. I have no problems with ascending 3nps runs and even Mojo Oro isn´t that difficult (except to be right in tempo). Other things are more difficult. So, what lessons and exercices would you recommend?

"What happened on (7:54)?"
I wasn´t good in time with the previous lick, so I had to wait. smile.gif I know that this was bad, but as I already said I had no more time to do a better take. Next time. smile.gif

I´m looking forward so much to your next collab! smile.gif

See you at the forums or in the voice chat. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Apr 3 2009, 11:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Tolek @ Apr 3 2009, 11:39 PM) *
Thank you so much for this helpful comment! I really need to concentrate on AP because I have a lot of ideas in my head for songs/collabs/etc. but my technical issue doesn´t allow my some things. I have no problems with ascending 3nps runs and even Mojo Oro isn´t that difficult (except to be right in tempo). Other things are more difficult. So, what lessons and exercices would you recommend?

"What happened on (7:54)?"
I wasn´t good in time with the previous lick, so I had to wait. smile.gif I know that this was bad, but as I already said I had no more time to do a better take. Next time. smile.gif

I´m looking forward so much to your next collab! smile.gif

See you at the forums or in the voice chat. tongue.gif

Cheers Tolek, I'll see you now in chat and talk there about everything smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Apr 4 2009, 12:18 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Hey thanks for the comments Emir smile.gif

This is a style I absolutly love to listen to but not all that comfortable playing, I`m trying to learn it though smile.gif

Your absolutly right with the "unexpected" long note, especially the second one near the beginning of my take, it was actually a mistake, but I kept it in in the end as it didnt seem too bad there, it was just a little "odd" , such an inspirational backing, I sat for hours noodling with it, thank you smile.gif

I will work on my AP and try and improve it for next time.

many thanks again for putting this together, awesome takes everyone! smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Apr 4 2009, 12:37 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Chris Evans @ Apr 4 2009, 12:18 AM) *
Hey thanks for the comments Emir smile.gif

This is a style I absolutly love to listen to but not all that comfortable playing, I`m trying to learn it though smile.gif

Your absolutly right with the "unexpected" long note, especially the second one near the beginning of my take, it was actually a mistake, but I kept it in in the end as it didnt seem too bad there, it was just a little "odd" , such an inspirational backing, I sat for hours noodling with it, thank you smile.gif

I will work on my AP and try and improve it for next time.

many thanks again for putting this together, awesome takes everyone! smile.gif

Cheers Chris smile.gif You are really gifted and talented player. Awesome ideas

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
SensE
Apr 4 2009, 12:47 AM
GMC:er
Thank you Emir. I really like your strict comment. That will push me harder and forward to achieve excellent guitar playing. I'm actually taking time and learning your lesson of Yngwie Malmsteen style. I will slow down the tempo and practise those run. happy.gif

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Apr 4 2009, 12:55 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (SensE @ Apr 4 2009, 12:47 AM) *
Thank you Emir. I really like your strict comment. That will push me harder and forward to achieve excellent guitar playing. I'm actually taking time and learning your lesson of Yngwie Malmsteen style. I will slow down the tempo and practise those run. happy.gif

Well that's great to hear smile.gif If you need any kind of help please PM me, I am more than happy to help. If you find it difficult then I can suggest some easier ones before you get to that one but if you really get that one then you're more than great smile.gif I hope the next backing won't require all this fast stuff so if you wanna have a go with something else you are welcome to participate at any time smile.gif Thanks for joining this collab and I am looking forward to hearing more of your playing.

Cheers smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Apr 4 2009, 02:42 AM
Instructor
Great collab Emir, thank you very much for your kind words.

Some very nice takes in here. I might submit my take sometime soon.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 4 2009, 02:44 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Apr 4 2009, 02:42 AM) *

I want a video Pedja.....I want to see shredding on your hollow body....\m/\m/ tongue.gif I want smoke coming off the fingeboard!! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Apr 4 2009, 02:45 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Apr 4 2009, 02:42 AM) *

Thanks Pedja for checking it out smile.gif It would have been cool if you could have had time to have a go in this one but I understand that you were busy with your collab and other things. I hope you'll come back in the next one smile.gif

cheers

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Apr 4 2009, 02:46 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Apr 4 2009, 03:44 AM) *
I want a video Pedja.....I want to see shredding on your hollow body....\m/\m/ tongue.gif I want smoke coming off the fingeboard!! laugh.gif

Haha that would be awesome but my intonation is off on it smile.gif

Will do the video perhaps smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:09 PM