3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Happy New Year Lesson, I cant do that guitar trick...
Jakub Luptovec
Jan 2 2008, 06:19 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Hia kris.. I have a problem.. How did you do that trick, when you broke off the neck of your guitar?

No, just kidding, now seriously, look at "Members practicing this lesson" in Happy New Year GMC... thats a sick group of people:)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jan 2 2008, 06:20 PM
GMC:er
ROFL! laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
Tomy Jeon
Jan 2 2008, 07:36 PM
I want to do that trick too!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Obi-Wan Kenobi dislikes babies!

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jan 2 2008, 07:43 PM
if it's a bolt on neck, he probably just took out the screws.....did you notice him holding on to the neck?thats probably what he did, and for the strings he probably just didnt tighten them so the neck could fall off.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jan 2 2008, 07:53 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (stratman33 @ Jan 2 2008, 01:43 PM) *
if it's a bolt on neck, he probably just took out the screws.....did you notice him holding on to the neck?thats probably what he did, and for the strings he probably just didnt tighten them so the neck could fall off.

Hmm, how about the bit where all the strings fell off, and the tuning pegs???

Keep guessing biggrin.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Tomy Jeon
Jan 2 2008, 08:02 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jan 3 2008, 07:53 AM) *
Hmm, how about the bit where all the strings fell off, and the tuning pegs???

Keep guessing biggrin.gif

That's what I thought too! I'm analyzing the video now. smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Jan 2 2008, 08:04 PM
Learning Tone Guru
IMO Kris is a cheater and used some plastic copy of neck:-P

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 2 2008, 08:08 PM
Lets go fishing!
I just like to see the instructors wub.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Tomy Jeon
Jan 2 2008, 08:17 PM
He either has another copy of the guitar he used (unlikely), edited the video (unlikely) or made the string posts and the neck joint very loose (likely).

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 2 2008, 08:19 PM
Lets go fishing!
Im guessing Kris just had a spare neck ! smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Tomy Jeon
Jan 2 2008, 08:21 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jan 3 2008, 08:19 AM) *

Also possible.

Did you get the Mesa Boogie you wanted for Christmas? biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jan 2 2008, 08:23 PM
The Dark Canuck
CGI biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 2 2008, 08:24 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Tomy Jeon @ Jan 2 2008, 07:21 PM) *
Also possible.

Did you get the Mesa Boogie you wanted for Christmas? biggrin.gif

I wish !! sad.gif However I do now have a fantastic approximation of a Mesa Boogie on my Pandora ! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 2 2008, 08:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jan 2 2008, 08:24 PM) *
I wish !! sad.gif However I do now have a fantastic approximation of a Mesa Boogie on my Pandora ! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Nice,nice biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 2 2008, 08:29 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Muris @ Jan 2 2008, 07:25 PM) *
Nice,nice biggrin.gif

The descriptions of the amp models in the manual made me laugh.

Example:

US Modern - "A popular Amp from the 90's with a metal plate on the front" or something like that ! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jan 2 2008, 09:29 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jan 2 2008, 02:19 PM) *

Bingo!

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 2 2008, 09:38 PM
GMC Founder
Hehe do we have any more guesses? biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tomy Jeon
Jan 2 2008, 09:43 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jan 3 2008, 08:24 AM) *
I wish !! sad.gif

Ooh, someone's been naughty this Christmas!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Maybe Kris went into space time, breaking the laws of physics, to unscrew the neck?
Even better: He might have actually smashed the guitar!!!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 2 2008, 09:58 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jan 2 2008, 08:29 PM) *
Bingo!

The first thing I thought was, ahhh spare neck! laugh.gif

But seriously, I cant express how cool it was to see that video on newyears day Kris - you rock!

This post has been edited by mattacuk: Jan 2 2008, 09:59 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jan 2 2008, 10:04 PM
When the guitar was on the floor, Kris used his super xray powers to shear the neck off, and melt the strings and tuning pegs into a puddle of molten metal on the floor. That's really why he was crying - he burnt his toes biggrin.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:45 AM