2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Powerball Or Handmaster
besip
Aug 24 2011, 10:13 PM
GMC:er
Hi guys what you thing? what kind of this 2 nice tools can be more useful for us?
Everybody probably know what is Powerball and if you dont know what is HandMaster just check this--->
http://www.phd-fitness.co.uk/store/p/38510...aster-Plus.html

i all ready have some problem with my hands few years...lot of doctors was tell me different story...from u may have tenis elbow-golf elbow-problem with your back bone but nobody find nothing on me so that's why i decide to start play again even if i have some problem

i never use powerball but to me looks like this is undestructible tools....but the disadvatage against Hand master to me look that the fingers aren't practise so weel as on Handmaster..For sure the Handmaster disadvantage is as i find out the cord get broken fast

is there any other advantage and disadvantage for each other?????
or the best way be train with both smile.gif

Rene

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
slash48
Aug 24 2011, 10:54 PM
I use a power ball to warm my wrists up... For me I find it increases my guitar endurance and grip strength and works as a warmup... I don't think it could increase speed considering picking is a much different motion but they are both done with your wrist and the powerball mainly makes your wrists stronger so who knows!

Cheers!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
dark dude
Aug 24 2011, 11:48 PM
I have both. My vote definately goes to the Powerball!

The Powerball helped me recover after injuring my wrist, it's a great tool. I purely use/d it for rehabilitating injuries that my forearm/wrist would build up from practicing too hard. I wouldn't recommend it to improve your picking, I don't think that has ever been a target area for the tool. Besides, it can be fun to use.

The Gripmaster, on the other hand, I wouldn't recommend. There's no real substitute for playing your guitar. You can strengthen your fingers by doing daily bends (perhaps increasing string gauge), vibrato, and legato exercises, which will work other areas of your playing at the same time! You can't lose! In the time that I used the Gripmaster, I didn't feel like I gained much, if at all in my playing. Sure, perhaps your fingers will get a bit stronger, but will they know how to apply that strength to the strings and the fretboard? Probably not.

EDIT: Just realised that you were asking about the Handmaster, not the Grip' tongue.gif I'll leave my thoughts on that above, anyway.

The Handmaster looks like a rip-off for what it is, just get a stress ball or use a small pillow like Cosmin does in one of his videos on this area.

This post has been edited by dark dude: Aug 24 2011, 11:51 PM

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Aug 25 2011, 04:51 AM
Instructor
i gotta check those out, i was wondering about finger strength biggrin.gif

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 25 2011, 07:50 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (dark dude @ Aug 24 2011, 10:48 PM) *
I have both. My vote definately goes to the Powerball!

The Powerball helped me recover after injuring my wrist, it's a great tool. I purely use/d it for rehabilitating injuries that my forearm/wrist would build up from practicing too hard. I wouldn't recommend it to improve your picking, I don't think that has ever been a target area for the tool. Besides, it can be fun to use.

The Gripmaster, on the other hand, I wouldn't recommend. There's no real substitute for playing your guitar. You can strengthen your fingers by doing daily bends (perhaps increasing string gauge), vibrato, and legato exercises, which will work other areas of your playing at the same time! You can't lose! In the time that I used the Gripmaster, I didn't feel like I gained much, if at all in my playing. Sure, perhaps your fingers will get a bit stronger, but will they know how to apply that strength to the strings and the fretboard? Probably not.

EDIT: Just realised that you were asking about the Handmaster, not the Grip' tongue.gif I'll leave my thoughts on that above, anyway.

The Handmaster looks like a rip-off for what it is, just get a stress ball or use a small pillow like Cosmin does in one of his videos on this area.

@ dark dude smile.gif thanks for mentioning this mate!

@besip

here's a link towards the vids regarding warm-up and recovery of your hands:

hope they help!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
besip
Aug 25 2011, 09:24 AM
Thanks Cosmin for ading those video smile.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 25 2011, 12:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (besip @ Aug 25 2011, 08:24 AM) *
Thanks Cosmin for ading those video smile.gif

My pleasure! smile.gif Let me know if there's anything unclear with them, so I may help out smile.gif

+Quote Post
Frederik
Aug 25 2011, 12:39 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Just remember guys, that grip strength is very specific and not convertible from one grip to another

+Quote Post
DenisN
Aug 25 2011, 01:22 PM
Learning Roadie
Cosmin, where can I find that VOODOO band?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 25 2011, 01:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DenisN @ Aug 25 2011, 12:22 PM) *
Cosmin, where can I find that VOODOO band?

ahoy mate biggrin.gif here we be -> www.voodooband.ro or on facebook - > https://www.facebook.com/pages/Voodoo

+Quote Post
DenisN
Aug 25 2011, 01:34 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 25 2011, 02:30 PM) *
ahoy mate biggrin.gif here we be -> www.voodooband.ro or on facebook - > https://www.facebook.com/pages/Voodoo

This song is great! Whare can I get the album or listen to more? BTw. the facebook link is not working sad.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 25 2011, 01:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DenisN @ Aug 25 2011, 12:34 PM) *
This song is great! Whare can I get the album or listen to more? BTw. the facebook link is not working sad.gif

uh-oh...try this one biggrin.gif

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Voodoo/169801616381250

thanks for the appreciation mate biggrin.gif check out the first little clip on the FB page tongue.gif

+Quote Post
DenisN
Aug 25 2011, 01:50 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 25 2011, 02:36 PM) *
uh-oh...try this one biggrin.gif

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Voodoo/169801616381250

thanks for the appreciation mate biggrin.gif check out the first little clip on the FB page tongue.gif

You got a like from me...great song..and production man!..i want to record my music in that studio! RESPECT! Can I buy the demo from you? You will have to send it to Croati ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 25 2011, 01:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DenisN @ Aug 25 2011, 12:50 PM) *
You got a like from me...great song..and production man!..i want to record my music in that studio! RESPECT! Can I buy the demo from you? You will have to send it to Croati ! smile.gif

Wow biggrin.gif thank you mate biggrin.gif we shall send you a signed copy of the album, when we release it in November wink.gif

+Quote Post
DenisN
Aug 25 2011, 02:04 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 25 2011, 02:53 PM) *
Wow biggrin.gif thank you mate biggrin.gif we shall send you a signed copy of the album, when we release it in November wink.gif

Great man, I won't forget! Didi you record it in Romania and what is the price range for the whole package if I may ask?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 25 2011, 02:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DenisN @ Aug 25 2011, 01:04 PM) *
Great man, I won't forget! Didi you record it in Romania and what is the price range for the whole package if I may ask?

The guys recorded it in Romania, last year, before I was in the band, and if I am not mistaken they payed about 3000 euros for 10 songs.

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Aug 25 2011, 02:21 PM
Instructor
thnx for this great info!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
DenisN
Aug 25 2011, 02:21 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 25 2011, 03:12 PM) *
The guys recorded it in Romania, last year, before I was in the band, and if I am not mistaken they payed about 3000 euros for 10 songs.

And I suppose mastering is included in that price? Sounds really good... regarding the song it emediatelly catched my ear because of the combination of the rythm (which I think is usally played in traditional music) and riffs. I like such fusions very much. Well, I will surely ask you for the CD!..Unfortunatelly I won't make it on Sunday because I'm goind to see Asian DUB foundation...but talk to you an other time.
BR, Denis

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 25 2011, 02:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DenisN @ Aug 25 2011, 01:21 PM) *
And I suppose mastering is included in that price? Sounds really good... regarding the song it emediatelly catched my ear because of the combination of the rythm (which I think is usally played in traditional music) and riffs. I like such fusions very much. Well, I will surely ask you for the CD!..Unfortunatelly I won't make it on Sunday because I'm goind to see Asian DUB foundation...but talk to you an other time.
BR, Denis

The price includes everything indeed. Well, you shall have the album wink.gif and maybe you can attend at next Thursday's v-chat biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 25 2011, 05:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 25 2011, 03:50 AM) *
@ dark dude smile.gif thanks for mentioning this mate!

@besip

here's a link towards the vids regarding warm-up and recovery of your hands:

hope they help!

Cosmin

Great videos Cosmin! I've never tried the powerball or the handmaster but it looks interesting to give a try.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:38 AM