Band Help, how to get guitarist to join my band
Marshmall0wz
Apr 22 2008, 11:13 PM
GMC:er
I'm trying to get this really cool guitar player to join my band and he said maybe. i'll be playing rhythm and singing. any ideas about how to get him to join?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Vintage U.S. Peavey Microbass
Orange Tiny Terror w/ 212 Cabinet
Creativity
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Apr 22 2008, 11:16 PM
Get to da Chopper!
cookies..

j/k

Just let him know you're serious about music and respect him as a musician and would like him to share his music experience with you. Don't keep asking constantly- nagging is enough to make anybody annoyed with you.

or just lie and say you have 5 albums on a major label... laugh.gif wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 22 2008, 11:51 PM
Instructor
Well you must talk him into it. If your band is not progressing it's gonna be a hard to convince anyone to join, but if your band is really progressing, you guys work hard, had a couple of gigs, and doing serious author work then he would be interested because you provide a future for him.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
Apr 23 2008, 12:11 AM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Apr 22 2008, 06:51 PM) *
Well you must talk him into it. If your band is not progressing it's gonna be a hard to convince anyone to join, but if your band is really progressing, you guys work hard, had a couple of gigs, and doing serious author work then he would be interested because you provide a future for him.

thx i'll try that smile.gif

QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Apr 22 2008, 06:16 PM) *
or just lie and say you have 5 albums on a major label... laugh.gif wink.gif

hehe maybe laugh.gif

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Vintage U.S. Peavey Microbass
Orange Tiny Terror w/ 212 Cabinet
Creativity

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 23 2008, 12:23 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Try to make him realize how cool the bend is..Tell him some cool future plans for gigs or something..Make him understand that you are serious and that you would love to have him on board..But than again, keep in mind that some people are just not meant to be playing in bands and tend to refuse it any way they can..They like to play at home and thats it..no matter how good they are..

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Apr 23 2008, 09:43 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Agree with the others also, but is he in a band already & is he a friend of yours or just someone you seen around?

If he`s in a band then it may be harder to convince him, especially if he`s satisfied with his exsisting band, if its a friend then I`d work on the "please could you help us out a bit" angle.

If it was me I`d make sure my band was pretty much rock solid and tight, just lacking a lead guitarist, then I`d invite him down "Just for a jam to help us out" try and tempt him into it.

Failing that .... beg?? laugh.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Batista
Apr 23 2008, 10:09 AM
You can always try to hit him hard in the head, so he loses his recollection. And then when he wakes up and asks who he is, you tell him that he's the lead guitarist in your band rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Batista: Apr 23 2008, 10:09 AM

--------------------
Seven Deadly Sins, One Deadly Syn

Gear list:
Gibson Les Paul Studio Alpine White
Schecter Damien-6
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2

+Quote Post
Mark.
Apr 23 2008, 10:13 AM
I wish I was him Dx
I dont no any other musicians ( says me against the largest guitar community ),
so I'll probably never get in a band sad.gif

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Apr 23 2008, 10:24 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (Mark. @ Apr 23 2008, 10:13 AM) *
I wish I was him Dx
I dont no any other musicians ( says me against the largest guitar community ),
so I'll probably never get in a band sad.gif

You need to get yourself out there if you dont know anyone, try an advert in a local paper or theres lots of sites on the internet to scan for musicians in your area etc smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
SamJ
Apr 23 2008, 03:44 PM
Just ask him to give one band practice a try with your band, if he likes it he will join, if he doesn't then he won't.

Tell him that there's no pressure to join or anything he can just come along to see if he will enjoy it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:45 AM