Buckethead Killswitch
A7X
Nov 3 2007, 10:54 AM
GMC:er
I need a lesson to teach me how to use a killswitch because i just purchased a Squier® FSR Affinity Detonator Electric Guitar With Kill Switch. mad.gif (PLEASE)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
JOhn
Nov 3 2007, 11:39 AM
Me to smile.gif my dad put one in a few weeks ago

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The only man it's OK to love is Paul Gilbert.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 3 2007, 08:43 PM
Lets go fishing!
Why not study buckethead techniques on one of his many DVD's, or youtube clips!?

He uses one to great effect in "Dream Girl" which is also one of my faves! smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4GLcsTaXCs

This post has been edited by mattacuk: Nov 3 2007, 08:44 PM

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
JOhn
Nov 4 2007, 06:02 AM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Nov 4 2007, 06:43 AM) *
Why not study buckethead techniques on one of his many DVD's, or youtube clips!?

He uses one to great effect in "Dream Girl" which is also one of my faves! smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4GLcsTaXCs

i would but i have no idea what he is doing laugh.gif

--------------------
The only man it's OK to love is Paul Gilbert.

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Nov 4 2007, 11:41 AM
QUOTE (JOhn @ Nov 4 2007, 05:02 AM) *

It's not that complex at its core. It just looks like it's tricky in the rhythm of it.

He's playing legato with the left hand, and putting a rhythm into it with the switch. Jordan's a little less complex and might be a better illustration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pytlmRmxZkA

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Nov 4 2007, 05:48 PM
Instructor
mmm, I like to have one, BTW very original use wink.gif

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 4 2007, 05:56 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (JOhn @ Nov 4 2007, 05:02 AM) *

I underand that might be an issue laugh.gif I wish i could be more helpful. The problem with good kill switch use is, not many people actually use them! so a lesson might be tricky.

You would be supprised how much you can pick up from just studying an artists playing though! smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
KRmachine
Nov 4 2007, 07:53 PM
The key is to play the silence. You push it down after the end of a note and release it at the start of the next one.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:28 PM