2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Online Computer\console Games, Favorites? Starcraft 2
The Uncreator
Jun 5 2007, 04:45 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I dont think its a waste of time if youre enoying it. I also firmly belive that making games is an Art, if you look at alot of games like Final Fantasy, Unreal, Quake, Painkiller, Civilazation, Myst, Half-Life, Metal Gear Solid, they have some of the best story lines and character creations ever, ESPECAILLY Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid, they story lines composed are tremedous works of art, the tell an amazing story with a fresh diversity of many characters.

You can say its a waste of time, BUT, There are people who think guitar and practicing guitar is a waste of time.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jun 5 2007, 04:58 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Jun 4 2007, 03:23 PM) *
Pfft, games are not a waste of time! I actually feel bad about neglecting a lot of gaming to play more guitar dry.gif

unsure.gif Are you being serious unsure.gif

editL shoot me if u are!!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ryan: Jun 5 2007, 04:59 AM

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
JVM
Jun 5 2007, 05:09 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jun 4 2007, 09:45 PM) *
I dont think its a waste of time if youre enoying it. I also firmly belive that making games is an Art, if you look at alot of games like Final Fantasy, Unreal, Quake, Painkiller, Civilazation, Myst, Half-Life, Metal Gear Solid, they have some of the best story lines and character creations ever, ESPECAILLY Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid, they story lines composed are tremedous works of art, the tell an amazing story with a fresh diversity of many characters.

You can say its a waste of time, BUT, There are people who think guitar and practicing guitar is a waste of time.

Agreed. I've been playing games since before I ever picked up a guitar - I've played most of the major MMO's ever released and plenty of single player games.... nowadays I hardly play games at all, sometimes if I'm bored (I'm going through fallout 2 lately because it's another example of an excellent tale in a game) but I used to be a big junkie. In fact I learned to model and skin and was working on mods and such for a couple games, and before I decided I had to play guitar, I was planning on someday getting into the game making industry, but I dropped that. Games are now just a minor hobby of mine. laugh.gif I used to be a huge nerd but you wouldn't know it now!

This post has been edited by JVM: Jun 5 2007, 05:09 AM

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jun 5 2007, 05:12 PM
QUOTE (Ryan @ Jun 5 2007, 05:58 AM) *
unsure.gif Are you being serious unsure.gif

editL shoot me if u are!!!

Haha, yeah I'm serious smile.gif But hey, I don't mind of others think it's a waste of time, but it's my favourite hobby (after the guitar nowadays:P) and as the uncreator said, it can even be a work of art if it's not just a random game made by EA. Check out killer 7, that's art in it's purest form cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
zenitSpb
Jun 5 2007, 08:57 PM
i agree on a single fact that WoW (world of warcraft tongue.gif ) is THE biggest waste of time ever, i tink the game is so over rated that its not even funny...
I dont play as much as i use to, but i usually do play CS 1.6 with my friends 1-2 a month(or less) and im a huge Call of Duty fan and i cant wait for the third one to come out for PC, damn those consolse wink.gif

And if i do play games, i only play them in Multiplayer mode cos thats just way more fun!!!

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 6 2007, 08:40 PM
Did any you guys hear about the guy who spent like 200 straight hours on Everquest? frikkin crazy, he only got to like poop and pee and eat occasionally, but he never left his house..

One more bad story...

When everquest first came out, one guy spent alot of his time getting really far in the game, and another player killed him in a fair fight, and took his stuff (you do that in MMORPG's) and the guy who lost got so pissed he found out where the other guy lived, showed up to his house and beat the hell out of him..

+Quote Post
Robin
Jun 6 2007, 08:53 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jun 6 2007, 07:40 PM) *
Did any you guys hear about the guy who spent like 200 straight hours on Everquest? frikkin crazy, he only got to like poop and pee and eat occasionally, but he never left his house..
One more bad story...
When everquest first came out, one guy spent alot of his time getting really far in the game, and another player killed him in a fair fight, and took his stuff (you do that in MMORPG's) and the guy who lost got so pissed he found out where the other guy lived, showed up to his house and beat the hell out of him..

Aaaahhahahhaa, thats mmorpg's alright, hahahha. WoW also got all kinds of craaazy stories about stuff like this, hahahaha. Ohhh man people takes these fucking(excuse my language)games so god damn serious, hahahha.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 6 2007, 10:01 PM
My friend has the newspaper article about the second story somewhere, if i find it, ill take a picture of it and post it up biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jun 6 2007, 11:04 PM
Only game I play right now is Gears of War.

- John

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
zenitSpb
Jun 7 2007, 12:47 AM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jun 6 2007, 11:04 PM) *
Only game I play right now is Gears of War.

- John

Yeah i heard that this is an amazing game, do ya know by any chance if its out for PC? Cos if Im not mistakin its just for consoles?

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jun 7 2007, 01:25 PM
Or the guy who's girlfriend got sick of him playing, logged in to his account and threw away all his epics biggrin.gif :ouch:

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 7 2007, 02:57 PM
lol, could have just broken up with him

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jun 8 2007, 11:41 PM
1 \words.. battlefield 2. all of them.. i own smile.gif haha best game ever concieved in the history of video games.. alot of people don't think so, but its like drugs.. i had to actually go through the steps to quit smoking to quit that game hahahah smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Aaron
Jun 9 2007, 12:18 AM
i play crackdown halo 2 (halo 3 when it comes out...i already pre-ordered it!!) marvel vs capcom and gears of war

--------------------
DON'T BUG ME ... I'M PRACTICING

Gear: (new) fender strat , 25g frontman amp,
Wishlist: Ibanez Jem, Flying V natural.

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 12 2007, 12:06 AM
I used to play Runescape for 1 year, i used to sit almost all day playing, i cant believe i wasted so much time, if i would have practiced guitar instetad.....

well im glad its over, i dedicate alot of time to my guitar now, though i still play videogames with my friends and my band after practice.

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
JVM
Jun 12 2007, 01:10 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Jun 11 2007, 05:06 PM) *
I used to play Runescape for 1 year, i used to sit almost all day playing, i cant believe i wasted so much time, if i would have practiced guitar instetad.....

well im glad its over, i dedicate alot of time to my guitar now, though i still play videogames with my friends and my band after practice.

wink.gif Me too. If I had practiced guitar all those hours I was playing MMO's, I would be a guitar god by now.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:26 AM