A couple "performance" pics from last summer
This Dougs For U
Nov 10 2006, 05:16 PM
GMC:er
I figured you fellow axemeisters would get a kick out of this.

My group of friends have a MONSTER 4th of July bash every year. Normally around 50-70 people. One of my buddies had just bought a house, and he has an acre for a backyard, so we decided to have it their.

I decided I was going to do a performance of the Star Spangled Banner, ala Hendrix. I hooked up 7 roman candles to a yard stick, and then used alot of tape to strap it off my headstock, using the tuning keys as a brace. I used my roland microcube on full blast w/ battery power (surprisingly loud) with my crybaby wah.

It went down like this. I played some of the Godfather theme and voodoo child before going into the SSB. As I started playing the song, a buddy of mine was lighting the candles off. Folks, it's a crazy feeling playing a guitar with recoil!! As I got to the end to hit the final E chord, 3 of them were going off. I held the guitar in the air while the fire shot out, and everyone went NUTS. I mean nuts. This was one of the coolest feelings of my life. People still tell how it was awesome, and they can't wait for next year.

I did everything I could to make this as "safe" as possible. The candles were angled away from everyone (including myself). And there was nothing in the area the candles were pointed at. We also had a hose nearby in case a fire broke out. I know it's not completely safe, but those are the risks one must take in Rock \m/

Hope you guys like the pics,

Doug

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.myspace.com/autumnriseband
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 11 2006, 10:55 AM
GMC Founder
blink.gif Looks crazy - and cool. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:58 PM