My Next Guitar
TreyDeschamp
Mar 8 2009, 07:09 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Whats up guys! Well as I have been learning metal guitar here I have been learning theory from my Dad and picking exercises from him also. I have a couple of guitars but none are all that great so I have decided to sell some and get this

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product...itar?sku=514471

What do you all think about this?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Mar 8 2009, 07:27 PM
GMC:er
i always wanted to try that one out...i think its one of the prettiest guitars ive seen in that price range!

itll need a little work (like getting a graphite nut so that the trem will stay in tune) i do not know how the frets are on those either, but if i ever saw one used, id grab it in a second

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 8 2009, 07:37 PM
I have looked at this guitar for a while and it is amazing looking for it's price range! I was so happy that it was this price. I thought it would be way more expensive.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Mar 8 2009, 07:55 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
It looks very... different from normal, but not ugly at all! I like it, only the gold hardware isn't my thing on a purple guitar... BTW, a PRS for less then 1000 bucks.... sounds good tongue.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
Mar 8 2009, 08:04 PM
I've played the SE and real PRS ranges. The quality is almost identical haha. I was so surprised. I haven't played that model but i think it's extremely safe. I'd recommend getting a graphite nut for the trem or some locking tuners. Not too expensive just get it done by a luthier/your guitar shop (tuners you can do yourself) . Try to buy it locally though. SUPPORT LOCALS

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Vintage U.S. Peavey Microbass
Orange Tiny Terror w/ 212 Cabinet
Creativity

+Quote Post
sted
Mar 8 2009, 08:42 PM
Learning Rock Star
Wow thats nice for an SE, does seem a little expensive but you can guarantee the quality will be second to none. Cant help feeling you may get a slightly better Jackson or even (Cant beleive im saying this!) Ibanez for the same money though, as usual try them all and buy what you like!

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Mar 8 2009, 10:53 PM
Learning Tone Master
Meh I've played a PRS Tremonti SE once and I wasn't too impressed... Stay on the safe side and TRY IT OUT in a store before you buy it!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 9 2009, 04:50 AM
QUOTE (VictorUK @ Mar 8 2009, 02:03 PM) *
Aren't PRS known for high end guitars? im definately sure this isn't high end.

Have you even tried one?

Yeah my Dad is a guitar freak and so he will know everything I will need to do to make it perfect. I will probably end up spend a little extra cash tricking it out. Maybe black hardware because I'm not much of a gold hardware guy. Also I'm thinking EMGs.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Fullmetal_Tmd
Mar 9 2009, 05:03 AM
Eh, the Allender was a good guitar when it was priced lower. Now it's kinda overpriced for what you get. The quality of the guitar itself is great , but the pickups and the tuners aren't the best. Also, those bat inlays are hideous imo tongue.gif

Are you open to suggestions, or are you dead set on getting this one?

+Quote Post
JamesT
Mar 9 2009, 05:23 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Nice choice man. cool.gif

I absolutely love my PRS.

I agree with the others too. Do go play one before you buy. Play one of their high end guitars as well as an SE to get an idea of the differences in sound and feel. There may not be any significant differences. ... same amp, same settings is the best way to find out. cool.gif

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 9 2009, 05:39 PM
QUOTE (JamesT @ Mar 8 2009, 11:23 PM) *
Nice choice man. cool.gif

I absolutely love my PRS.

I agree with the others too. Do go play one before you buy. Play one of their high end guitars as well as an SE to get an idea of the differences in sound and feel. There may not be any significant differences. ... same amp, same settings is the best way to find out. cool.gif

I have tried a few and this one in a local store. It was pretty good but it will need new pickups. I might change the tuners they didnt seem all that bad.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:38 PM