6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Fatb0t Mtp Thread - Sonofdestiny Mentoree, Lets get rollin'
fatb0t
Jan 26 2009, 09:22 PM
GMC:er
Any development of those ideas for your song? If you send me an actual main riff I can start working out drums for you..

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Jan 27 2009, 01:59 PM
Wow, I look like one pissed off batty boy on these vids! Maybe I should take lessons from that Guitar Idol winner laugh.gif

These are not the complete versions yet as my fingertips hurt, but I wanted to show you my progress.

What do you think so far?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Video_376.wmv ( 9.16MB ) Number of downloads: 104
Attached File  Video_370.wmv ( 5.74MB ) Number of downloads: 98

--------------------
Wishlist: the world.

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jan 27 2009, 03:41 PM
Marcus's Pentatonic solo lesson:
The intro sounds great, bends are to bitch mostly, vibrato is a bit shaky here and there, especially vibrato with your bends- but over all it sounds pretty good. Try to vary your vibrato with the tempo of the song... Sometimes fast vibrato give a real crazy manic kind of feel. Slower vibrato gives a soothing feel. When you're adding vibrato on a bent note make sure you're not shaking the note too far out of pitch...Bending really takes an ear and time to develop. Over all I say you have a good handle on it and over time it will just get better and better. I like when the lesson has that harmonic minor part; you tapped it instead of picked it. It shows you have confidence in your playing and you're not afraid to experiment. That's definitely a good thing. Around the 40 second mark your playing could be a little cleaner..sounds like a few fumbled notes here and there. Over all, great job. Sometimes when I'm playing along I'll tap my foot and it gets me into the groove a bit more, give that a shot...

Muris's Phrygian lesson:
I like your vibrato, it's slow and controlled - sounds good. Around the 10 second mark there should be more of a controlled bend. Muris does a slow bend and a nice bend release, he really puts emphasis into it. Same goes for around the 24 second mark. Now this sounds kinda trivial but when you do that, it shows an over all confidence and professionalism in your playing. I think you did a great job with the arpeggios around the 30 second mark. It seems like over all you could 'slow down' a bit more and put really feeling into every note. Vibrato is the key really, knowing how much and when to use it is the trick to sound really convincing. In reality though that is beyond the scope of the 'beginner' mentored training program.
I really feel that you're progressing towards intermediate level very fast.

I would like to get that song together so I can really gauge where you are as far as composition and creating improvisations. Great job George you always impress me with your uploads.

How is your rhythm work going? I hope it hasn't fallen to the wayside, remember guitar is a balancing act. To be a complete guitarist you need to be equally adept at rhythm and solo guitar. No one should over take the other... Though I personally believe soloing takes more practice.

I will draw up your next assignments soon... biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by fatb0t: Jan 27 2009, 03:39 PM

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Jan 27 2009, 03:42 PM
Thanks man! That was some really good advice smile.gif I will work on it and upload the improved versions tomorrow. My vibrato is kind of shaky! How could I have not noticed that ohmy.gif

About the song. I think I'm gonna go for something different! Check this out (Gotta record it first though... one minute).

EDIT: they're up! Which one do you prefer?

This post has been edited by SonofDestiny: Jan 27 2009, 04:02 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Video_379.wmv ( 5.66MB ) Number of downloads: 110
Attached File  Video_378.wmv ( 3.93MB ) Number of downloads: 90

--------------------

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jan 27 2009, 03:45 PM
Ok sounds good to me smile.gif

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Jan 27 2009, 03:54 PM
Bump biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jan 27 2009, 06:55 PM
Ok, I like both riffs a lot.

I think we should start with the riff in video 379 then do some easy chorus then go into the riffs in video 378 then back to video 379 and end it.

I think there is a lot of potential in those two riffs, we'll make a cool mini song!

I don't have my guitar on me so I can't figure out the key from here... Is it D Major?

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Jan 27 2009, 07:01 PM
Sounds good to me smile.gif

What key is it in?

In 379 I play this (chords are bold):

A5 B C B E5 E F E F5 C B G G5 G C G

378 is basically A5 and A#5 with some dead notes...

I don't know if that's D major man haha.

EDIT: Hmm I don't think that's D major :\ No idea what it could be.

This post has been edited by SonofDestiny: Jan 27 2009, 07:09 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jan 27 2009, 07:19 PM
Ok, I know what key it is. It's definitely not D Major hahah... Anyways - I showed you how to figure out what key it's in remember? Break down all the chords to their single notes, take all the notes and see what scale it fits in.

Use this as a tool:
http://www.blackbeltguitar.com/ChordScaleGenerator.php

It doesn't need to be 'perfect'...every single note matches up...but should be pretty close.

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Jan 27 2009, 07:19 PM
These are the notes I use: A A# B C# D E F G
So that would make the formula: 1 1 2 1 2 1 2 right..?

Hmm... I'm probably making a huge stupid mistake right now tongue.gif

This post has been edited by SonofDestiny: Jan 27 2009, 07:21 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jan 27 2009, 07:24 PM
QUOTE (SonofDestiny @ Jan 27 2009, 01:01 PM) *
Sounds good to me smile.gif

What key is it in?

In 379 I play this (chords are bold):

A5 B C B E5 E F E F5 C B G G5 G C G

378 is basically A5 and A#5 with some dead notes...

I don't know if that's D major man haha.

EDIT: Hmm I don't think that's D major :\ No idea what it could be.

Ok so we got A5 = A, E we got F5 = F, C we got G 5 = G D

You also said you use the notes B C

So we have something that looks like: A B C D E F G

This is a particularly easy key to see because there is no sharps or not flats. The only scale that has no sharps or no flats is it the C Major scale! But in reality you'd use it's sixth mode, the Aeolian mode. The minor pentatonic would work beautifully over this riff too.

If you take those notes, you see you can start with A on that blackbeltguitar website... The scroll through the different scales till you see notes that match up well... That's how I figure out what scales work best when I'm in a pinch.

That second riff uses a A#, so A Phrygian would work too... Aeolian would be fine though.

This post has been edited by fatb0t: Jan 27 2009, 07:24 PM

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Jan 27 2009, 07:30 PM
Ahh right.. I had to fragment the parts. Pretty stupid of me tongue.gif

Allright, so we start off with 379 then 378 then 379 and then a solo over a different part?

This post has been edited by SonofDestiny: Jan 27 2009, 07:31 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jan 27 2009, 07:42 PM
Yeah maybe we should throw a chorus or something in there... I dunno - it's up to you.

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Jan 27 2009, 07:43 PM
Hmm do you have any suggestions for a chorus? smile.gif Would be cool if you threw in some guitar ideas as well!! Maybe we can get Nemanja or Luciana to sing biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by SonofDestiny: Jan 27 2009, 07:43 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jan 27 2009, 07:51 PM
ok, I can throw in a few parts here and there.. I will work on this when I'm home from work.

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Jan 27 2009, 08:01 PM
Cool!

I was thinking of a breakbeat kind of drum for 379 and a Guns n Roses style drum for 378. Maybe we can add a verse where there's a bassline that plays 378 (but just the root notes).

379 - 378 (guitar) - chorus - 378 (bass) - chorus - solo (over a to be determined backing... maybe we can do a transition there?) - 378 (and end it metal... like A5-A5-A5-A5-------)

--------------------

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jan 27 2009, 08:06 PM
I like that, you have a vision - lets actualize it.

So what should I do? Take your riff and create drums for it?

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Jan 27 2009, 08:07 PM
Yeah smile.gif If you have drums for me I can record it pretty tight I think.

--------------------

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jan 27 2009, 10:52 PM
Dude real rough take, had to do it before I left for a rehearsal after work...Put your 379 riff ontop of this A5 E5 F5 G5 progression

Dude real rough take, had to do it before I left for a rehearsal after work...Put your 379 riff ontop of this A5 E5 F5 G5 progression

Attached File(s)
Attached File  mtp.mp3 ( 803.46K ) Number of downloads: 135

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Jan 28 2009, 04:03 PM
Hmm... I try to play over it, but either I'm too fast or the recording is too slow...

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:15 PM