Please give me some feedback :)
keysifreak
May 3 2006, 12:16 PM
GMC:er
Ok i love this song its
always with me always with you by Joe Satriani.

Ive been playing about 18 months and i am self taught using great websites like freelicks!!! And thoght i'd give this recording a go..

I used the official backing track and recorded it using cubase with my ibanez sa260fm through my korg ax1500g pedal (self made patch)

All your comments are welcome good and bad

I know some bits are off but hey its my first effort...

Click the link and wait a little while for it to load or right click and save as ..
Hope you like smile.gif
http://www.bodybuildingbasics.co.uk/alwayscover.mp3

Rich

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BollyRotten
May 3 2006, 01:30 PM
Mate this is very good if you ask me!! I dont know the track unfortunaly but impressed all the same. Did you record it all in one take?

Put it tis way i have been playing nearly 3 years now and i could not play that as well as you, your timing is good , along with your bends.
Its like a 3 minute solo!must have taken a while to learn and hours of pracise.

Well done and good luck, for 18 months your doing really really well!

How many hours a day to you practise?

Glad you like freelicks, its a great site. and all the forum members a great help!
:smoke

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I need more fingers!

+Quote Post
Marcus
May 3 2006, 02:47 PM
That was pretty good! I think you're a bit off with the timing though, try too listen more to the rhytm on the track you solo over and you'll have it in no time! smile.gif

+Quote Post
keysifreak
May 3 2006, 10:32 PM
Thanks guys smile.gif

Yea my timing is off one thing i struggle with :eye

I play as much as i can everyday but with work n stuff its hard to get more than 2hrs.

I recorded it in two chunks cos i screwed up right before the tappin section lol

Please keep the comments comin!......

+Quote Post
Screaming Solo
May 3 2006, 11:55 PM
it sounded pretty good, but you need to work on the timing, and some of the fast runs need to get played up to speed

+Quote Post
Jeff
May 10 2006, 05:33 PM
You've got the tone and the bends down pretty well it seems. As you have said, the timing needs work. It has always helped me to break songs such as this one down into several small memorable parts and to go over each one individually for several hours/days/months until you have nailed it. Then move onto the next part. Do not move ahead until you can play the previous part without the backing music and ONLY with the metronome. At least this works for me.

You will find that the next part becomes even easier and you will learn them quicker this way. Kris is exactly right when he emphasizes the use of the metronome and reptition. There is no substitute.

Satriani also uses a lot of legato hammer-on's/pull-off's and so forth. It might help to identify a certain legato patern that you like and warm up with it about 10-15 minutes before you practice a song like this.

I am impressed that you have learned such a complicated song only after 18 months and no formal lessons. Good job!

jeff

+Quote Post
keysifreak
May 10 2006, 11:58 PM
Thanks jeff smile.gif

Some good tips there ill definately try them out, ive been learning cryin' by satch aswell - my bends have improved alot from that!!

have you got any good legato warmups???

Rich

--------------------
Check out my fitness forum :) located at www.bodybuildingbasics.co.uk

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:13 AM