Liquid Tension Experiment, Instrumental Prog/Fusion
VinceG
May 17 2008, 12:48 PM
GMC:er

So, this came as a surprise to me since a lot of GMC'ers are fans of Dream Theater, but LTE are not discussed in here. I don't know if you guys know LTE, but its an instrumental band that consisted of Petrucci, Levin, Portnoy, and Rudess. They only released 2 albums in the late 90's, but both are excellent. I actually like it so much, that I never bothered to listen to Dream Theater because LTE's music just completely dominates it. The music itself is a great mixture of Instrumental Prog and a little bit of Fusion. Oh yea, most of the songs are of improv, which is pretty sweet! Here are some songs that are available on the net:

Paradigm Shift

Acid Rain

Universal Mind My favorite song from LTE.

So, yea if you like Dream Theater, you might wanna check out Liquid Tension Experiment. The music is not really the same in a way, but I like it much better than Dream Theater.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by VinceG: May 17 2008, 01:23 PM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
May 17 2008, 12:55 PM
Get to da Chopper!
LTE is definitely worth checking out guys, Petrucci does a great job.....as usual dry.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
VinceG
May 17 2008, 01:00 PM
All of them are wonderful. Rudess and Portnoy shined in these albums! Rudess keyboard was just beautiful. I love his melodic trade offs and classical styles in both albums, especially on Biaxident.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post
kyldeee
May 17 2008, 01:11 PM
Thanks for sharing, I'll be sure to check them out smile.gif

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 17 2008, 02:19 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I've only got there first album, But its just amazing, I should really get the second, LTE is just pure amazingness!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 17 2008, 03:29 PM
Instructor
yeah! I love this project! The two albms are excelent.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
May 17 2008, 06:08 PM
Instructor
LTE is proably my favourite instrumental band ever smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Nick325
May 17 2008, 06:27 PM
thanks for sharing

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
May 17 2008, 07:39 PM
Instructor
thanks for sharing dude

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 17 2008, 09:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ May 17 2008, 02:08 PM) *
LTE is proably my favourite instrumental band ever smile.gif

Well said. I can say the same. They show that an instrumental album can be funny. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
May 17 2008, 10:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 17 2008, 11:29 AM) *
yeah! I love this project! The two albms are excelent.

+1 LTE rules!!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
VinceG
May 18 2008, 12:19 AM
haha I love Biaxident. Glad you guys know em.

Oh yea Uncreator, I like there second album better so be sure to really check it out.

I also like there improv tracks on the first album, those things are incredible to hear!

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 18 2008, 02:25 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Yeah, Ill be looking into it, Since this thread came up, I've been listening to it a lot laugh.gif

+Quote Post
VinceG
May 18 2008, 02:59 AM
have you guys heard of Liquid Trio Experiment. Its supposedly just Ruddes, Portnoy, and Levin jamming on some songs while Petrucci is away fro his wife in labor. I want to hear it for myself, but couldn't find it anywhere. Anyone heard of the album?

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
May 18 2008, 02:42 PM
Instructor
Mr. Levin have brought these three music wizards to another level of music, LTE are my favorite instrumental band.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:03 PM