New Original Recording, it's a rock song
Patrik Berg
Jul 24 2013, 03:39 AM
GMC:er
so here is a new recording that is more of a rock song than a metal song. It's got a pretty laid back feel although the guitars are still quite high gain (and a bit scratchy to my ears) but it's a work in progress that I might add vocals to at some stage.
https://soundcloud.com/patrik-berg-2/shoulders

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Spock
Jul 24 2013, 04:12 AM
Very catchy sir! Vocals would really do it justice.
Sort of reminds me of a Hoobastank meets Green Day meets Fallout Boy sort of thing.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Jul 24 2013, 04:39 AM
Tone Seeker
Sounding great ! Nice song structure and melodies - And I reaaly liked that feedback part (3:06)

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 24 2013, 08:29 AM
Instructor
Hey Pat! THis sounds like a great tune and with the right vocal line - you may be onto a hit here biggrin.gif

Now, I would like to point out the fact that the verse part - it is a verse part, right? - is a bit out of balance (for instance, check it out from 01:48 and it can be felt in the intro as well) I am sure you noticed it too, as long as you stated clearly, that this is work in progress, but I know how it is to be locked up in a song and sometimes, an extra pair of fresh ears is welcome smile.gif Looking forward to hear the completed version!

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Jul 24 2013, 09:32 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Patrik Berg @ Jul 24 2013, 12:39 PM) *
so here is a new recording that is more of a rock song than a metal song. It's got a pretty laid back feel although the guitars are still quite high gain (and a bit scratchy to my ears) but it's a work in progress that I might add vocals to at some stage.

I really like this man, especially at 2:47 where you have the lead sound going on. Great melodies, kinda reminiscent of Rise Against. Once you get some vocals, and tighten up the general sound, it's gonna be absolutely killer! Great stuff.

QUOTE (Spock @ Jul 24 2013, 01:12 PM) *
Very catchy sir! Vocals would really do it justice.
Sort of reminds me of a Hoobastank meets Green Day meets Fallout Boy sort of thing.

I agree. Some vocals would be great.

I think the song name needs to be at least 12 words for it to be Fallout Boy biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 24 2013, 11:40 AM
Instructor
Nicely done Pat! Happines flowing outof that tune wink.gif And like You wrote it's rock so for me it's something new to hear this from You biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Jul 24 2013, 12:54 PM
Great song, sounds very much like Green Day, I'm working on something myself these days and it sound pretty Green Day like too tongue.gif biggrin.gif

This would make a great audio collab but I wouldn't wanna ruin your song laugh.gif Great work man! I'm following you now on soundcloud so keep more of them coming biggrin.gif

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 24 2013, 02:23 PM
Instructor
Killer stuff man! That part that was marked at 2.47 is epic! Maybe Cosmin is right about the verse, but I think that the best would be to start working on melodies to check which chord progressions need some little changes to make this one a very catchy song.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jul 24 2013, 03:50 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Well done! Sounds good, many cool riffs going on here smile.gif

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Jul 24 2013, 09:32 PM
Thank you everyone for your kind words and your input,
Cosmin-yes it is a work in progress and not as tight as it could be and vocals or a melody will bring it all together
Spock- thank you very much sir, I'm glad you like it.
WeePee- haha thanks man I love the feedback too, the little Mesa is very prone to it on high gian
Taka- thanks for your kind words
Darisu- yes who would have thunk it, me playing rock tongue.gif
Sammetal- thanks mate smile.gif
Gabriel- yes the melody might get tricky with the underlying melody already in the chords
audiopaal- thank you

wow I didn't expect that much feedback, thanks smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 25 2013, 08:03 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Patrik Berg @ Jul 24 2013, 08:32 PM) *
Cosmin-yes it is a work in progress and not as tight as it could be and vocals or a melody will bring it all together

Who's going to record the vocals?

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Jul 25 2013, 10:26 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 25 2013, 07:03 AM) *
Who's going to record the vocals?

I might try it and if it doesn't work out I know some very talented singers that I get drunk with quite often smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jul 25 2013, 10:53 AM
Good stuff Pat! But i preffer your thrashy galloping riffs more biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Jul 25 2013, 11:17 AM
I'll write one just for you Slav smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jul 25 2013, 01:20 PM
HAha, thanks Pat, i already heard your "get thrashed"riffage , beginning riff reminds me a bit on iced eath- the path you choose.
Your sound's killer. what do you use?

+Quote Post
Spock
Jul 25 2013, 04:22 PM
QUOTE (Patrik Berg @ Jul 25 2013, 05:26 AM) *
I might try it and if it doesn't work out I know some very talented singers that I get drunk with quite often smile.gif

Just so happens I'm looking for a spare drunk lead singer - one of them drunk enough to do audio file transfers?

This post has been edited by Spock: Jul 25 2013, 04:23 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 25 2013, 09:18 PM
Nice!! It's begging for vocals and a BIG CHORUS bit. smile.gif

QUOTE (Patrik Berg @ Jul 23 2013, 10:39 PM) *

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Jul 25 2013, 10:36 PM
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Jul 25 2013, 12:20 PM) *
HAha, thanks Pat, i already heard your "get thrashed"riffage , beginning riff reminds me a bit on iced eath- the path you choose.
Your sound's killer. what do you use?

Thanks Slav. For "thrashed" I used my little mesa studio 22+ with an AKG Mic infront off centre, drums was EZDrummer bass I played through guitar rig 5

QUOTE (Spock @ Jul 25 2013, 03:22 PM) *
Just so happens I'm looking for a spare drunk lead singer - one of them drunk enough to do audio file transfers?

Hey Spock, if you pm me your track I can play it for them and see if they'd be interested in putting some vocals to it

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 25 2013, 08:18 PM) *
Nice!! It's begging for vocals and a BIG CHORUS bit. smile.gif

Thanks Todd, yes it is, time is my enemy at the moment so it might be a while before it gets done

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 26 2013, 07:35 AM
Instructor
Might be you could talk to Ben - he had vocals recorded for his album over the internet by a guy that fitted the bill.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 26 2013, 11:56 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Very cool song! smile.gif
I can't wait to hear to some vocals over it. I think the theme is very catch.

Maybe check out the drums vs guitars balance a bit groove feels a bit shaky in the main riff starting at 0:20.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:03 PM