> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Snackajacks Secret Guitar Laboratory
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 19 2012, 06:09 PM
Instructor
Well, since this is your lab tongue.gif let's see what we shall scheme about in it laugh.gif

Tell me everything I need to know about your goals/ past experience, regarding guitar playing and musicianship!

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jun 25 2012, 08:13 PM
GMC:er
Hey Cosmin,

Well, I am from the Netherlands and I play the guitar for about 4 years intensive now.
I learned to play guitar through youtube,justinguitar etc.. and now at GMC !

I play in a progressive metal band called Infinitum : https://www.facebook.com/Infinutum
My goals are perfect vibrato and bendings ( the person that inspires me the most in this is marcus lavendell ).

I think there is a huge gap between my guitar playing and theory that needs to be filled, but there is so much to find on
the internet that I sometimes can't find the motivation for it.

Greetz from the Netherlands

Marc

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 26 2012, 09:40 AM
Instructor
Howdy Marc! So, shall we focus on articulation and applied theory? smile.gif

I would very much like to hear you play some bending/ vibrato oriented stuff, so i could know where we are and then we can start exploring and learning together wink.gif

What say you?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jun 26 2012, 12:38 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 26 2012, 08:40 AM) *
Howdy Marc! So, shall we focus on articulation and applied theory? smile.gif

I would very much like to hear you play some bending/ vibrato oriented stuff, so i could know where we are and then we can start exploring and learning together wink.gif

What say you?

Cosmin

Deal, I will try to do a bending/vibrato lesson and post it in here.
Edit : I remember having the solo in d on my pc, its audio only, Ill try to find it biggrin.gif
Thanks for taking the time to help me out !

Grtz Marc

This post has been edited by snackajacks: Jun 26 2012, 01:16 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jun 26 2012, 01:27 PM
QUOTE (snackajacks @ Jun 26 2012, 11:38 AM) *
Deal, I will try to do a bending/vibrato lesson and post it in here.
Edit : I remember having the solo in d on my pc, its audio only, Ill try to find it biggrin.gif
Thanks for taking the time to help me out !

Grtz Marc

http://soundcloud.com/marc-thalen/mentoring-program-cosmin-lupo
Here it is

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 27 2012, 03:42 PM
Instructor
Howdy Marc! The take is generally good, but you tend to be a little harsh with vibrato and bending by rushing them a bit and thus, with bending, going a bit over the pitch.

I would like you to try and tackle this one: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/The-Vo...Of-Your-Guitar/ it is FULL of little bends and articulation elements which will require a lot of attention smile.gif It's all about the details wink.gif

what do you think - shall we start with this and in parallel analyze the theoretical context on which it is based?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jun 27 2012, 03:46 PM
Hell yeah, I am on it wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 27 2012, 10:45 PM
Instructor
Awesomeness wink.gif

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jul 2 2012, 10:19 AM
Well' I think I got it but the intonation I think of my guitar is weird
when I play my D string open it is in tune, but at the 12th fret its higher.
I play trough an rg550.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 2 2012, 10:25 AM
Instructor
Uh, that sounds like an intonation problem all the way sad.gif I think you should take it to a tech so it should be adjusted!

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jul 2 2012, 11:28 AM
even though, Ill try to record it this week. may sound a little false on one string..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 2 2012, 03:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (snackajacks @ Jul 2 2012, 10:28 AM) *
even though, Ill try to record it this week. may sound a little false on one string..

Ok mate, if you want to record and post here - I got nothing against it wink.gif

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jul 8 2012, 08:19 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 2 2012, 02:42 PM) *
Ok mate, if you want to record and post here - I got nothing against it wink.gif

Is it cool that I record it acoustic or unplugged electric, because my x3 power supply is lost.
and yes my guitar is still false intonated. Maybe I can record direct in with my cable, hmm ill try something right now !

--------------------

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jul 9 2012, 09:54 AM
QUOTE (snackajacks @ Jul 8 2012, 07:19 PM) *
Is it cool that I record it acoustic or unplugged electric, because my x3 power supply is lost.
and yes my guitar is still false intonated. Maybe I can record direct in with my cable, hmm ill try something right now !

can't get it to rec without my dear x3, my line in is laggy. maybe we can do some theory in the meanwhile ^^, ?
I am trying to get my cable sunday ( think I left in in rehearsal room ) otherwise I need to buy a new one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 9 2012, 01:07 PM
Instructor
Ahoy Marc! No problem man, it's good to be flexible and get to other things while waiting for the right conditions for recording smile.gif

What would you like to discuss about theory? Let's start with your most ardent questions in this field and we shall develop from that point wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jul 9 2012, 02:32 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 9 2012, 12:07 PM) *
Ahoy Marc! No problem man, it's good to be flexible and get to other things while waiting for the right conditions for recording smile.gif

What would you like to discuss about theory? Let's start with your most ardent questions in this field and we shall develop from that point wink.gif

Cosmin

I would like to make a clean start because I have heard lots of different methods concerning theory, I already know small pieces of the puzzle but I would like to start all over again so maybe it would make sense then biggrin.gif
thanks

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 9 2012, 03:23 PM
Instructor
Perfect!

I would start with understanding the major scale - what do you know about the major scale so far?

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jul 9 2012, 07:36 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 9 2012, 02:23 PM) *
Perfect!

I would start with understanding the major scale - what do you know about the major scale so far?

I know its the main scale of everything, and have tried to learn it with modes (?!?) I guess.
though I can't master it. I think over the couple of years I play I have tried to learn it like a 100 times.
but never in a clean way.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 10 2012, 11:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (snackajacks @ Jul 9 2012, 06:36 PM) *
I know its the main scale of everything, and have tried to learn it with modes (?!?) I guess.
though I can't master it. I think over the couple of years I play I have tried to learn it like a 100 times.
but never in a clean way.

Well, the idea is that you have to understand its structure first

C D E F G A B C

C-D - whole step
D-E - whole step
E-F - half step
F-G - whole step
G-A - whole step
A-B - whole step
B-C - half step

You must first be able to internalize the sounds of the scale before playing it in various contexts smile.gif

Here's what I suggest:

1) Localize all the C notes on the neck
2) Play and sing in the same time all the intervals above starting from each of the C notes you have found!
3) Start your metronome at about 70 BPM - for each whole note, play and sing a C note randomly on the neck. Do this exercise with all the notes of the C major scale smile.gif Raise speed once you are getting faster at recognizing them!

You have 3 days biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jul 10 2012, 11:22 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 10 2012, 10:10 AM) *
Well, the idea is that you have to understand its structure first

C D E F G A B C

C-D - whole step
D-E - whole step
E-F - half step
F-G - whole step
G-A - whole step
A-B - whole step
B-C - half step

You must first be able to internalize the sounds of the scale before playing it in various contexts smile.gif

Here's what I suggest:

1) Localize all the C notes on the neck
2) Play and sing in the same time all the intervals above starting from each of the C notes you have found!
3) Start your metronome at about 70 BPM - for each whole note, play and sing a C note randomly on the neck. Do this exercise with all the notes of the C major scale smile.gif Raise speed once you are getting faster at recognizing them!

You have 3 days biggrin.gif

Cosmin

allright Sir !

QUOTE (snackajacks @ Jul 10 2012, 10:20 AM) *
allright Sir !

What I am hearing is like do-re-mi-fa-sol-la-si-do

--------------------

+Quote Post

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:48 PM