3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Things People Don't Expect You To Know, Do, Or Have Experienced
Owen
Dec 16 2007, 04:45 PM
GMC:er
Nothing exploded and created nothing where nothing evolved from nothing into us.

Humans cannot comprehend eternity and nothing, therefore I dont really waste my time with any of these theories or religion itself. I think theres absolutely no point in antagonising over each man's interpretation of the infinite.

If something were ever to present itself as the perfect answer then fair enough, until then I'm agnostic.

Edit: sorry just realise this is a very serious sounding post, have some smiles!

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Owen: Dec 16 2007, 04:54 PM

--------------------
Don't Panic.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Dec 16 2007, 05:15 PM
Moderation Policy Director
It was supposedly a quantum fluctuation according to some theories.

All the time tiny particles spontaneously create themselves out of energy then dissappear again - that is apparently ok as long as it happens very quickly.

One day a super huge particle appeared (very slim chance but it had to happen eventually) and before it could dissappear again it exploded into what we call the big bang ...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Dec 16 2007, 05:37 PM
QUOTE (Paul Coutts @ Dec 16 2007, 01:43 AM) *
People don't expect me to enjoy cooking :S I want to be Jamie Oliver, he's awesome biggrin.gif Nothing more attractive to girls, than a boyfriend who can cook biggrin.gif

hahaha

cooking is fun! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Dec 16 2007, 11:15 AM) *
It was supposedly a quantum fluctuation according to some theories.

All the time tiny particles spontaneously create themselves out of energy then dissappear again - that is apparently ok as long as it happens very quickly.

One day a super huge particle appeared (very slim chance but it had to happen eventually) and before it could dissappear again it exploded into what we call the big bang ...

The fun thing is, I understand everything everybody is saying about that, and I'm only 12 years old! laugh.gif (but im not like, a nerd or anything. just smrt!)

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Dec 16 2007, 06:20 PM
people probably didnt know this, but i am actually a vampire smile.gif
oh and this is completely random, but most people dont know i can outrun pretty much everyone when i have a ball in my hand and have a goal to get to tongue.gif

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Dec 16 2007, 10:05 PM
QUOTE (Owen @ Dec 16 2007, 09:45 AM) *
Nothing exploded and created nothing where nothing evolved from nothing into us.

Humans cannot comprehend eternity and nothing, therefore I dont really waste my time with any of these theories or religion itself. I think theres absolutely no point in antagonising over each man's interpretation of the infinite.

If something were ever to present itself as the perfect answer then fair enough, until then I'm agnostic.

Edit: sorry just realise this is a very serious sounding post, have some smiles!

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+1

Also, I know this is just a technicality, but the Big Bang is actually a hypothesis as there is actually not really any evidence for it. t takes years and years of data to prove a hypothesis a theory and even more for it to become a scientific law. Sorry for ranting biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Vinicitur @ Dec 15 2007, 10:55 PM) *
That has happened to me more than once. When I had hair at least smile.gif Every time I'd go into an arcade in Montreal, someone would come to ask me if I was interested in buying drugs. I don't drink, smoke or take drugs and I'm a metalhead. I don't see a contradiction in that.

The other thing for me is the way people would look at me when they realize I have a comic book collection. It's as if I was too stupid to read real books. I read many different subjects. It just depends on the mood I'm in when I feel like reading.

Great...I can't wait. laugh.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Dec 16 2007, 10:21 PM
I don't think anyone knows too much about me so there isn't alot to disprove or anything people wudn't expect.

alot of mine are similar to others
1. people expect me to not care about anything because im a nihilist but many things still do fascinate me thats why i both learning stuff.
2. People expect me to pick up and play crazy metal because im a metal head when i actually prefer to play more chill stuff ( But chill opeth counts biggrin.gif )
3. people don't expect that i want to be a pilot but don't have time or money to finish flying school
4. People dont expect that i enjoy gardening and working on projects that take a while even if the end result isn't significant.

probably many more but people don't expect me to be lazy when i seem outgoing and like to finish what i start. Some things just get in the way of others.. you always feel like you have more time than you really do sad.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Dec 16 2007, 11:48 PM
People don't expect me to listen to metal, probably because I'm really small and basically don't look metal at all.
And people don't expect me to have the sick sense of humor I have.

I don't know if there's a lot more, I guess I'm boring laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Dec 18 2007, 12:56 PM

This post has been edited by botoxfox: Apr 22 2011, 08:45 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
stratman33
Dec 19 2007, 03:50 AM
most people dont expect me to be as fast as i am because i have short legs...also during a football game, people dont expect me to hit very hard because im kinda short..only 5'4" in the 8th grade..most kids are like 5 foot 8..it must be funny to see me hitting some kid way taller than me and nockin him on his ass laugh.gif

This post has been edited by stratman33: Dec 19 2007, 03:51 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Midlife Crisis
Dec 19 2007, 04:10 AM
QUOTE (stratman33 @ Dec 18 2007, 08:50 PM) *
most people dont expect me to be as fast as i am because i have short legs...also during a football game, people dont expect me to hit very hard because im kinda short..only 5'4" in the 8th grade..most kids are like 5 foot 8..it must be funny to see me hitting some kid way taller than me and nockin him on his ass laugh.gif

I am a 44 year old former United States Marine, I hold a ranking in Akido in the middle Dan, I have fought and killed for many reasons. There is a very wise man I will only refer to Shioda and if you one day comprehend it it may save you from finding yourself stabbed on a bar room floor.

If you think the technique is fast then it is slow. If you think it is slow then it is fast.

I have observed it's truth since I was 17 years old.I sincerely hope nobody observers the truth about you.

--------------------
Mike Ludwick
"The Butcher of Escazu"
www.chatropolis.com
[email protected]

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Dec 19 2007, 04:27 AM
Everyone expects me to be fat...

Because I eat... SOOO much.

People dont expect me to be so religious just because, I play metal every now and then.. but people get mad somtimes ya'kno, I just decide to express it musically.

My friends never understood how I could play guitar more than video games.. psychos.. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Tjchep: Dec 19 2007, 04:35 AM

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 19 2007, 01:17 PM
Lets go fishing!
I like FISH !!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Oh wait you already guessed ?? dry.gif

I like nature and animals (accept the ones that make me sneeze!!).

I dont drink alcohol,havent since I was 20 !! I only drink Mineral water, fruit juice, smoothies etc !!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
stratman33
Dec 19 2007, 11:05 PM
QUOTE (Midlife Crisis @ Dec 18 2007, 10:10 PM) *
I am a 44 year old former United States Marine, I hold a ranking in Akido in the middle Dan, I have fought and killed for many reasons. There is a very wise man I will only refer to Shioda and if you one day comprehend it it may save you from finding yourself stabbed on a bar room floor.

If you think the technique is fast then it is slow. If you think it is slow then it is fast.

I have observed it's truth since I was 17 years old.I sincerely hope nobody observers the truth about you.

what?what does that have to do with anything i said in my post.....? huh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 19 2007, 11:09 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (stratman33 @ Dec 19 2007, 10:05 PM) *
what?what does that have to do with anything i said in my post.....? huh.gif

I also wonder huh.gif smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
at lights end
Dec 19 2007, 11:19 PM
QUOTE (Midlife Crisis @ Dec 19 2007, 03:10 AM) *

huh.gif blink.gif wacko.gif huh.gif blink.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif mellow.gif

--------------------
“You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.”

+Quote Post
stratman33
Dec 19 2007, 11:20 PM
QUOTE (at lights end @ Dec 19 2007, 05:19 PM) *
huh.gif blink.gif wacko.gif huh.gif blink.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif mellow.gif

exactly how i feel man...

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 19 2007, 11:22 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
To add to mine

People expect me to be really big on drugs and drinking and smoking because i have a few friends that drink/ smoke. When in fact i have never drank, dont intend to, Never tried drugs, never will, and never smoked because the smell of smoke is annoying and hideous!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 19 2007, 11:24 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Dec 19 2007, 10:22 PM) *
To add to mine
People expect me to be really big on drugs and drinking and smoking because i have a few friends that drink/ smoke. When in fact i have never drank, dont intend to, Never tried drugs, never will, and never smoked because the smell of smoke is annoying and hideous!

You sound like me man!! I never drink or the rest, I like a clean way of life !! The only bad habits i really have is junk food unsure.gif smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 19 2007, 11:31 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I got one bad habit, BEING TO EPIC!!! laugh.gif

ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 19 2007, 11:32 PM
Lets go fishing!
laugh.gif laugh.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:22 AM