Any Ideas How They Make These?
Todd Simpson
Jun 2 2014, 03:33 AM
GMC:er
I love the way these pickup covers look, but how in the heck to do they do this? Any thoughts?

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
waynedcoville
Jun 2 2014, 04:07 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 2 2014, 02:33 AM) *
I love the way these pickup covers look, but how in the heck to do they do this? Any thoughts?

Attached Image

they are etched. the usual method is to coat the metal with a plastic sheath that has a negative image cut out of it, then the metal is exposed to an acid leaving a positive image when the plastic coating is removed. however since these are factory jobs so i would guess for faster manufacturing, lasers were used to etch the metal.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Carvin 6 string bass (walnut neck and body w/burl maple top)
Carvin 5 string AE fretless bass(mahogany neck and body w/ quilt maple top)
Dean 8 string bass
Danelectro BassVI
Washburn 5 string acoustic bass
Hartke HA3500 w/ 4-10x1-15
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Zoom B9.1ut / Crybaby
Monster cables

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 5 2014, 06:33 PM
Thanks much!!!

QUOTE (waynedcoville @ Jun 1 2014, 11:07 PM) *
they are etched. the usual method is to coat the metal with a plastic sheath that has a negative image cut out of it, then the metal is exposed to an acid leaving a positive image when the plastic coating is removed. however since these are factory jobs so i would guess for faster manufacturing, lasers were used to etch the metal.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:15 PM